Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am a little over my 3 month mark and starting to notice a significant amount of Hair loss and breakage. Anyone have any solutions for this? I would hate to be skinny, but bald.

If you do a search, you will find hundreds of discussions on this topic. Many people report a supplement they are taking to "fix it" but I think that it is pretty much unavoidable for some of us. Get adequate Protein, Iron and zinc.... but in my case none of that helped. You either lose hair, starting about 3-4 months out, or you don't. I had very thick hair to start with, and I estimate I lost nearly half of it. It was alot of hair!!!

Good news is that is growing back very thick now!

If you are still losing hair a year out, that is likely nutritional deficiency related.

I started taking Biotin just for peace of mind but I agree, it's likely a nutritional thing. Protein is what my NUT keeps telling me. make sure you're getting 60-80 grams a day minimum and it will help.

Hi,

I thought doing it all,hitting Protein target EVERY day,drinking all the right supplement,bla bla bla...would, if not prevent it,help for it to over quickly.At 7 months I thought it was falling out a lot less but just recently the hair fall has increased a lot again.And I just cannot figure out why its not stopping.

What I do know is there is nothing I can do about it.I laughed when I read you saying you'd hate to be skinny but bald as just today,for the first time I said whatever to the Protein shakes and didnt make target (I have a cold and feel very queezy) and decided to get sinny even if I have to be bald...lol.

Even after 4 months of losing at least half of the hair one still cannot see my scalp so thats ok.

You'll be fine too.

Well I think also one stupid thing I did was dye my hair from dark to light with bleach. So that probably did not help. I wasn't losing when I did that but I am losing heavily now. It just sucks! Just when I was starting to live life normal and happy I get thrown a curveball, lol.

I am ten weeks out and do not look forward to the Hair loss. I started taking Biotin before surgery, hit my Protein about 60 most days so we shall see. You made me giggle with "I don't want to be skinny and bald." I guess we will have to get creative with scarves, headbands, barrettes and the like. But we will be SKINNY! Yay!

If you do a search, you will find hundreds of discussions on this topic. Many people report a supplement they are taking to "fix it" but I think that it is pretty much unavoidable for some of us. Get adequate Protein, Iron and zinc.... but in my case none of that helped. You either lose hair, starting about 3-4 months out, or you don't. I had very thick hair to start with, and I estimate I lost nearly half of it. It was alot of hair!!!

Good news is that is growing back very thick now!

If you are still losing hair a year out, that is likely nutritional deficiency related.

How long would you say the shedding lasted! My heart dropped when I saw the amount of hair that was coming out in my brush. I am willing to cut it if necessary, long, thin hair is not cute! However, I was hoping you could shed some light on how long this might last!