Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Low Bmi'ers...how Long To Goal?

Just curious how much weight you lost each month. By low BMI, I mean about 60 or so pounds to lose total. I'm a super slow loser and I want to get to goal! About 20 more to go, and it'll probably take me 4 more months at my turtle pace. Month 1: 16 lbs, month 2: 5 lbs, month 3: 8 lbs...

I am losing slow like that. I started the journey to loos the weight back in May. This is total weight loss before and after surgery 32 pounds. I have lost alot of inches. I am dropping clothes sizes. Just the scale seems to be my enemy.

I started at 196 surgery 8/31 and I have lost 32 pounds.

I am a low BMIer I started at 210 lbs, my surgery was on June 1at and now it was 5 months on Nov 1st and I'm down to 163 lbs... At this point I'm losing very slow but I'm also not watching what I eat...I just eat what I want at small portions but I started with my Protein Shakes again 2 days ago and already lost 2 more lbs...the key is starting off the day with a slow release Protein Shake that helps tremendously with hunger and snacking during the day!

Is it possible you are eating too little? Too few calories will slow your metabolism.... You might speed up your loss if you take in a few more healthy calories, try eating 7 times a day or something for a week or two to see if it helps. But, if you are already well over 1000 calories/day, it may just be your body slowing down.....

I am a low BMIer I started at 210 lbs' date=' my surgery was on June 1at and now it was 5 months on Nov 1st and I'm down to 163 lbs... At this point I'm losing very slow but I'm also not watching what I eat...I just eat what I want at small portions but I started with my Protein shakes again 2 days ago and already lost 2 more lbs...the key is starting off the day with a slow release Protein shake that helps tremendously with hunger and snacking during the day![/quote']

I totally agree. I eat crap sometimes and even though I can't eat like I used to, I'm sure it affects the scale. I have a shake every morning. It's the nights!

Is it possible you are eating too little? Too few calories will slow your metabolism.... You might speed up your loss if you take in a few more healthy calories' date=' try eating 7 times a day or something for a week or two to see if it helps. But, if you are already well over 1000 calories/day, it may just be your body slowing down.....[/quote']

Nah, I'm definitely not eating too little...it's probably the crap I sometimes eat though. Carbs are the devil!

I am in this club too. It's coming off just SO SLOW. But I feel so much better about myself even at this weight I don't mind. My bad snacking time is around my TOM. These last few days I have just been bad.

I have a lower BMI too and find I'm averaging 2.4 lbs a week. I'm happy with that!

I can't wait until after I am sleeved! I am a low bmi'er too. I am short (5'2") so I feel like every pound shows easily on me. When I first started researching the sleeve I was 205. I have lost 22lbs on my own and am now 183. I have scheduled my surgery with dr. Alvarez on jan. 18th! I am scared, nervous, and excited all at the same time. I am sending in my deposit tomorrow and kind of freaking out about it!

I went from 96kg to 65kg in 3 months. That's a bmi of 37 to a bmi of 23. I was sleeved in August. My goal is to be 58kg and to be there by Christmas. For maintenance, I want to stay under 60kg. 2.2lb =1kg.

I am in this club too. It's coming off just SO SLOW. But I feel so much better about myself even at this weight I don't mind. My bad snacking time is around my TOM. These last few days I have just been bad.

I agree. I feel a ton better but some of the old problems/habits still exist. The TOM still makes me crazy and all I want is junk!

I went from 96kg to 65kg in 3 months. That's a bmi of 37 to a bmi of 23. I was sleeved in August. My goal is to be 58kg and to be there by Christmas. For maintenance' date=' I want to stay under 60kg. 2.2lb =1kg.[/quote']

That's awesome! I won't get to my goal by Christmas, but maybe by March?

This forum made me feel like I am doing the right thing 33 bmi