Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Low Bmi'ers...how Long To Goal?

"ONLY" 15 lbs in a month??!!! You're kidding' date=' right? OMG, that is fantastic. Chances are it will be much less than that from now on! Be thrilled with each and every pound you lose. Unlike 'before' - will this new tummy you have, every pound lost is lost forever. You didn't wake up fat one day, it happened over time, for me it happened over the course of 30 years, with me losing and re-gaining. On three different occasions I lost 50 lbs, only to put it back on, plus a few to boot!!! Do a happy dance, it's great progress.[/quote']

Thanks I just feel like I should've lost more

Do you mind sharing your stats (I.e. your height, starting weight, ending weight)? I want to lose about 80/85 pounds and I'm curious if we are similar in build.

I am almost 5'3". My surgery weight was 220.5 lbs (my highest weight was actually 263lbs, but I had lost weight before having children and managed to keep some of it off for a few years). I sit around 138lbs most of the time, although I do have fluctuations, especially around TOM. My goal weight was 140lbs because it put me just within normal BMI and I really didn't even know if I would get there. I had quit losing for about 3 months so I thought I was done losing, but then started losing a little more. It has now been a year since I reached goal and I am still maintaining the same weight!

I was 4 months out yesterday and wanted to post an update. Yesterday I was 141.8, but today I woke up and was in the 139.8. I had made it to 139.6 a couple of weeks ago and then gained for a few days. I am so glad to be back in the 130s. It has been a very long time!! I have noticed when I have a big drop, my body will gain some back for a few days and then start dropping a bit again. I chart my weight loss, so it's interesting to see the patterns. I am feeling "normal" now and am soooo close to a normal bmi. I am wearing size small tops and dresses and size 8 pants/shorts/jeans. I am pear shaped. You can see my monthly weightloss in my signature below. I hope my fellow low bmi'ers are all doing well. Keep the updates coming!

I see this is an old thread but I'm a low BMI (33) and I'm looking for advice on self-pay... Mexico and the US. Can anyone direct me to where I need to go? Or share their story?

I see this is an old thread but I'm a low BMI (33) and I'm looking for advice on self-pay... Mexico and the US. Can anyone direct me to where I need to go? Or share their story?

Go on the MX thread here.. There's tons of info and opinions. My surgeon s posted on my stats and he was excellent. I think I was around your BMI . Good luck

Ringo4,

I am scheduled in October with Dr. Ariel Ortiz. My impression after reading around the forum, is that his people are happier, have less complications and lose better than others. this is a non scientific opnion. I have not read everything posted.

There may be people who disagree with me.

Update........

FINALLY!!!! Felt like I had to starve myself the past two months to make a push for goal weight...........but I finally made it (21 and a half months after my sleeve). I'm a little weaker since I've not lifted weights quite as often, upped my cardio and cut calories/carbs. So I'm going to get back to my normal routine of lifted more, a little less cardio and up my cals and carbs slightly and eventually settle back into the low to mid 220's.

On the sliding type scale......it finally balanced just under 215 1/2 and closer to 215 1/4......so I'm rounding down and calling that my goal weight of 215. :D If I stripped all the way down I think I would have lost half a pound of clothes. I had to get down to my shorts and socks to get the 215 1/4. :blink: Since I was at the gym and the scale is located by the Water fountain.....I couldn't strip any further. :wub:

post-16404-13813669091519_thumb.png

post-16404-13813669091808_thumb.png

Update........

FINALLY!!!! Felt like I had to starve myself the past two months to make a push for goal weight...........but I finally made it (21 and a half months after my sleeve). I'm a little weaker since I've not lifted weights quite as often' date=' upped my cardio and cut calories/carbs. So I'm going to get back to my normal routine of lifted more, a little less cardio and up my cals and carbs slightly and eventually settle back into the low to mid 220's.

On the sliding type scale......it finally balanced just under 215 1/2 and closer to 215 1/4......so I'm rounding down and calling that my goal weight of 215. :D If I stripped all the way down I think I would have lost half a pound of clothes. I had to get down to my shorts and socks to get the 215 1/4. :blink: Since I was at the gym and the scale is located by the Water fountain.....I couldn't strip any further. :wub:[/quote']

Well you know what I'm going to say......

Strip down weigh, take pictures and post them (just so we can oogle um I mean) give our professional assessment of your progress.

:D

Congrats! Now go work out!

I have an update too! This morning I was 123.6. I have been hovering around 125 for the last several weeks. I am very happy with my weight now. I don't think I want to go as low as 115 anymore. 120 would be perfect I think. My bmi is 22.6. I feel great. I feel like I am more myself now and the person I am supposed to be. Best. Decision. Ever.

Well you know what I'm going to say......

Strip down weigh, take pictures and post them (just so we can oogle um I mean) give our professional assessment of your progress.

:D

Congrats! Now go work out!

You're too funny! Then you probably could've found some "edited" front page photos on the local newspaper with headlines that read........"Local man arrested for indecent exposure at local gym....." Naked and cuffed!! :o

Congrats Lovetennis! You're right, there's more to finding the weight you want than seeing or thinking of a number on a scale. I think that's why I've been so slow to lose.....wasn't motivating enough for me.

You're too funny! Then you probably could've found some "edited" front page photos on the local newspaper with headlines that read........"Local man arrested for indecent exposure at local gym....." Naked and cuffed!! :o

Naked and cuffed... Yep that's the way I like em!

:P

Naked and cuffed... Yep that's the way I like em!

:P

I like the way you think!!

I like the way you think!!

Good, because I like the way you look...

Ok stop setting me up for these one liners!

People are going to form opinions about me :P

Haha!! It's your quick and extensive wit that contributes to your one liner ability! Very impressive!!