Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Last Week Sleevers..lets Chat..

I was sleeved on Nov 9th. So far so good. I stayed in the hospital overnight. I'm on Clear Liquids for 2 weeks. The gurgling in my stomach is annoying. I'm not sure if its gas or hunger or both. I've been able to get my liquids down. I tried sf Jello and it hurt. My doc doesn't want me to be concerned with Protein the first 2 weeks. Just stay hydrated. I have however incorporated some form of Protein Drink in my 48oz. I do a leisure walk 1-2 times per day. I'm exhausted afterwards. I have started taking my Vitamins which have helped my energy levels. Looking forward to the pureed stage....I'm over these liquids. Lol

Hello!

I was sleeved the same day as you were. Can I ask, are you experiencing any mild stomach pain / discomfort? Mostly intermittent

Hi Boston George - IDK if anyone else answered your question, but I was sleeved on 11-6 and I still have mild stomach pain, with almost every sip I take. I never had nausea or vomiting though, just these mild abdominal pains & no matter how small the sip - it always feels like I gulped a lot of air. I think this is all normal though.

I do think yesterday I may have overdone it a little. It was my first day to drive, which I only drove to the store to fill a presciription, to the gym for a quick walk on the treadmill and then I had a class. But the bag I had my books in may have been a little heavier than the 5 lbs they told me not to lift. Today I did a small load of laundry and now I am feeling like I probably should have just rested. I'll do that the rest of today.

Good day people...I had my surgery on November 5th...and feeling great!. Only issue that is concerning me right now is my incision sites are itching like crazy ...and are a Lil red and raised...is anyone else having this issue?

ebonymorton - the itching means they are healing. Mine are still a little red & raised. If the redness doesn't travel to far from the incision and your incisions are not leaking or anything or hot to the touch - they're just healing. Your surgeon will look at them on you 1 week appt. I'm sure they're fine.

Hi Boston George - IDK if anyone else answered your question' date=' but I was sleeved on 11-6 and I still have mild stomach pain, with almost every sip I take. I never had nausea or vomiting though, just these mild abdominal pains & no matter how small the sip - it always feels like I gulped a lot of air. I think this is all normal though.

I do think yesterday I may have overdone it a little. It was my first day to drive, which I only drove to the store to fill a presciription, to the gym for a quick walk on the treadmill and then I had a class. But the bag I had my books in may have been a little heavier than the 5 lbs they told me not to lift. Today I did a small load of laundry and now I am feeling like I probably should have just rested. I'll do that the rest of today.[/quote']

Thank you! That makes me feel much better!

I am a week out, and I really am struggling with the "what the hell did I do this for". I am constantly hungry and I know that it is just mental hunger but it all the same right now. I am however luckly I dont feel fatigued or have any surgical pain. I do however get a pain the shoots from my stomach up my esophagus if I eat to quickly. Does anyone else get this? I know in the long run this was the right decision but right now I have trouble seeing the light at the end of the tunnel....

Stay strong...I had my surgery last monday November 5th...I'm also struggling with the food cravings...not really hungry but just want it.... I'm not getting any pains..but I'm still tryng to get use to things..

we will be ok in the long run :-)

Hi' date=' not eating anything, I am having Protein Shakes had 1 x 200 mls today and about a glass of Water so far. The doctors told me to hand in a poo sample and they would check it but this was on Sat and still they have no results.[/quote']

Hi there!

I was sleeved on 11/1 and had diarrhea consistently until a few days ago. My surgeon said its normal; liquids in, liquids out. Now that I'm on Protein shakes, things have "firmed up" a bit :-)

@felty I to experience that pain!! It only happens if i swallow to quickly .. Or a large amount of liquid quick!

Me, too, the first week. It's from the swelling....trying to push a fire hose thru a coffee straw ;-) It gets easier, I promise. Hang in there!

Who else is sick of Protein Shakes ?! I feel like it's coming out of my ears!

Im not doing a good job getting full amount of fluids and Proteins in. Not that I cannot tolerate them, I stay so full after a small shake. I got really lightheaded tonight. that happen to anybody else?

I'm very sick of the shakes!!! Speaking of it I have one more to get in before bed :/

I'm very sick of the shakes!!! Speaking of it I have one more to get in before bed :/

Me too ! I don't know if I can do it tonight, takes so long and the taste is getting to me. Oh well, It was my choice. Are you allowed yogurt yet?

I have been having to use Bariatric Advantage shakes since I cam home from the hospital. They are sooo thick and slimy. There is some discomfort with each sip. I can barely tolerate them. I ordered a sample kit from Unjury and tried the chocolate tonight. It was so much easier to get down. I hope they are just as nutritious as the others because I think I can handle them.