Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protein Shakes Give Me The Sh#&*

I am trying powder Protein Shakes with milk but its like a ticking time bomb. Cold sweats and everything. Wth? Sorry if this is in the overshare or tmi category but this is crazy. How do i get Protein daily goal without them?

Did you try soy milk

No but no other dairy bothers me so everyone told me the milk shouldn't be the problem. Yogurt and cheese all the time.

I'm in the same boat with you. Muscle Milk is lactose free and I can tolerate it so far. I think I am going to try soy milk no more 1%milk for me... Good look Honey!

Did you try soy milk

I second that; do try light soy (70 calories a serving). I had a big issue with Milk post op, but it had since gotten better. However, I like light vanilla soy so much, I just continue with it and use nonfat milk in my Cappuccino.

I have to mix Protein with Water. it is to heavy on my stomach. you might want to try that.

Hello

I'm not sleeved yet but have been trying different Protein drinks. I find that the shakes I mix up with my whey Protein Powder give me horrible gas and stomach rumbling regardless of whether I use milk, almond milk or just Water. Oddly enough, another brand of RTD shakes I like (EAS Advant-edge carb control, soy and whey Protein, 17g in 11 oz) doesn't seem to bother me, and I drink it rather quickly. I recently found a clear Protein Drink called Protein Ice (whey protein isolate) that has 42 grams of protein in 20 oz. that is problem free as well, that one I put on ice and drink it over a few hours...I'm wondering if it's the amount of protein I take at one time that gives me fits. Maybe you could try smaller quantities more frequently?

Good luck!

I am trying powder Protein shakes with milk but its like a ticking time bomb. Cold sweats and everything. Wth? Sorry if this is in the overshare or tmi category but this is crazy. How do i get Protein daily goal without them?

You could be lactose intolerant. I used SF Almond milk or Lactaid milk. It really helped.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches