Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protein Shake Suggestions...anyone?

I am 3 days post-op. My surgery center required me to buy a kit of Protein Shakes and Vitamins from Bariatric Advantage. The shakes will cover me for the first week and the vitamins for the first month. I am trying to get the Bariatric Advantage shakes down, but I do not really like them. I ordered a sample kit from Unjury last night for next week because I read that they were pretty good. Can anyone suggest their favorite, tastiest, easiest to get down Protein shakes?

I use Body by VI....it is a cake batter flavor so it goes well with just about anything. I am 1.5 weeks out...it is the only one that I found agreed with me (many taste way too sweet). Good luck!

The Premier shakes from costco are pretty good (I prefer the chocolate over vanilla ones). I have had one every day for the past four months and have not grown tired of them.

Injury strawberry sorbet with crystal light!

What flavor crystal lights do you use?

Thanks. Gonna try it today.

I haven't had the surgery yet, but have been investigating Protein drinks. In the past when dieting, I tried slim fast shakes, and didn't like them. Keep in mind that I also don't like regular milkshakes. Based on what I've been reading in these forums, I bought some Premier Protein chocolate drinks, and much to my surprise, I like them. I've already gone through one pack, and I'm not even trying to diet yet. They taste like a better version of chocolate milk, even though I don't really care much for chocolate milk either.

They have 30g Protein, 160 calories, 1g sugar, 24 vitamins/minerals (mostly at 25% daily requirements), and 3g fat. I'm sipping on one now...

I use the Unjury in the morning. Either one of the chocolates. I make a cup of Decaf coffee. Pour half of it in a cup and put it in the freezer. Enjoy a few sips of the hot decaf. Let is chill for about half an hour. Mix it with 4oz skim milk, a scoop of chocolate Protein Powder and a hand full of crushed ice. Blend it and have a nice little mocha.

I detest most Protein shakes, but have finally found a few I like.

Jay Robb (available at Vitamin Shoppe and GNC). The Tropical Dreamsicle is great when mixed with light OJ and milk and tastes pretty much like an Orange Julius. Really great because chocolate and other "desserty" flavors were really starting to get old.

powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury

Chike (available on-line and recommened by my bariatric nurse)

and my favorite Big Train (available on-line). The bariatric nurse recommended Big Train and, although I know we are supposed to watch or avoid caffeine, these are fantastic. It is actually a Protein, coffee powder and can be drunk hot, over ice, or blended like a frapacinno. I would have never guessed it was a Protein Drink - it tastes that good!

I like Ensure High Protein. 25gms of protein/210 cal/23 gm of carbs in 14 oz. I buy them at Target for $8.99 a four pack. I have seen it at Wal-Mart for the same price. I tried the costco premier shakes and (to me) they smelled too much like Vitamins. This was pre-op and I probably should give 'em another try. But, I like the Ensure and tend to stick with what works. I prefer the "creamy milk chocolate" but, the vanilla is good too. Boost also makes a couple of shakes with 15-16 grams of protein each. I have used them when I was on vacation and couldn't find Ensure. Just keep trying different kinds and you'll find one you like.

Watch the Carb's #. My Dietician advices to limit carb intake to a minimal. A good # to stay in is 60-80gm of Protein and 100gm of carbs Daily!! If a shake is loaded with carbs you are defeating the whole purpose! Just FYI