Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Extreme Hair Loss

I had surgery in the beginning of July & I'm down 70lbs give or take.... I knew some Hair loss was going to happen but not the magnitude at which it's happening. I've probably lost 2/3rds of my hair. Is there any treatments, recommendations, etc., any if y'all can suggest??? I'm currently taking 15,000mg of Biotin, Vitamin D, a Multi Vitamin, B-12,...

Some days I lack getting 60-70grams of Protein due to my work schedule but I doubt that would have such an effect to the extent of everything happening.... I was told about AG-pro, also fish oil... Really any suggestions would help- thanks ladies & gents bc I'm freaking out... Oh & this has started probably 6-8 weeks ago now......

I had my surgery Sept 12 but haven't lost any hair & I hope I don't. Have you contacted the Dr or your NUT?

Not sure if ur hair is strong enough, but u could consider extensions (semi permanent hair attached to ur own near root). Sounds like u r doing everything else possible. Also there is a Shampoo for women to prevent Hair loss, but I can't recall the name. U could check on line. Good luck! Everyone says its temporary.

@shewolf- I contacted my Dr.'s main nurse and she said this was natural and will eventually stop... but it's all hypothetical talk. As in I'm nervous bc it's only been 2 months and I've lost, give or take two-thirds of my hair- so I'm worried if this lasts for another month if I should get a wig. The Dr.'s nurse said it's almost never that serious.. but then again it's "almost"... it's never a definite answer.

@Angelica- so rogaine is working??? I was just nervous to use that but will be considering it ASAP

@Lacey- I thought about that and a wig!!!!!!

@ Alia- I started using a Nioxin Shampoo & conditioner..... I also just ordered & tried a Biotin organic type shampoo just to see the results but if you think Nioxin is a better pick then I'll def. go back to using that.. thanks for the advice ;)