Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Much Is Everyone Losing?

I had my surgery 9/17 and I was 264 and 5'7" now I'm 228. I feel like its coming off so slow this last month I am getting discouraged. I would love to know how others are doing.

surg date 9/17

start wgt 129 kg thts around 284 lbs

today 116.6kg thts around 256 lbs

so thts just 28lbs....i had a 3 week stall....im just happy d scale is moving ...no matter how slowly!!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using VST

Hi Jenny! I had surgery on 9/10, starting weight 261 day of surgery 250 today 219. Just remember everybody is different with the amount of weight that is lost. I was discouraged last week because I had been in a stall for two weeks. Then I had to realize that no the scale wasn't moving but I was wearing clothes I haven't been able to wear in years. Keep motivated and know that u are doing awesome

I was sleeved on Sept. 13. Starting weight 281 couple of weeks as well. I know we all wish it would come off faster but we are all doing so well and we just need to be patient because we are all different. :)

Yes and remember Water and walking is the KEY TO SUCCESS! ; )

This is a dangerous topic, and often leads to people feeling discouraged, or like they're "failing", because they're not losing as much as quickly as others. We each function as individuals...especially in terms of weight loss...because we each take our own approach to the path we're on.

My highest weight (in April, 2012) was 354

My surgery date was June 19th, and I weighed 302.4

Today, 4 months and 3 weeks later, I weigh 229

I average between 600 and 700 calories a day, and burn an average of 1300 calories/day, 6 days a week. I have "adjustment periods" (I refuse to call them "stalls") about every 12-14 days, that last 10-14 days...and they drive me crazy. All I can do is keep doing what I know works for me, and keep things in perspective. :)

All the best

Laura

I was sleeved on Oct 17th, 3 1/2 weeks ago. I have only lost 9 lbs and seem to be stalled for over a week. I am really discouraged!

It is very common for people to experience a stall around 2-3 weeks post-op. Do everything you can to stay busy, make good food choices, measure yourself (neck, waist, hips, etc), and keep focused on the prize!! Big picture is the key here....you WILL get past this, and every other stall you will encounter! As I said...I refuse to call them anything other than "adjustment periods"...because that is exactly what they are....time your body needs to adjust to the rapid weight loss you're going through. In fact, I lose more inches during those "down" weeks...so be sure to take body measurements periodically, to give you something other than pounds to look at for signs of success!!

Stay strong....stay focused....and stay motivated!!!

Laura

I was sleeved 10/23 and I was @299 I'm now at 273 so I'm down 26lbs...

My weight was 388 my weight on surgery date 10/31 was 361 and today I weigh 340 so 16 days out I've lost 21 lbs