Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have read on another thread that they believe that some of the people who are giving very positive reviews of Mexican surgeons and their procedures are in fact not "real" people at all but those marketing for that particular Dr.

I am super nervous now, scheduled with dr Garcia. U guys are real people right?? Lol

If you search Garcia and read the past posts of those raving about him, go back and read their past started threads. See if they started out here and did their surgeon search here too. See If they talked about their fears, etc. as well. I don't think fakers would have time to invest in making a bunch of realistic profiles and personalities and individual faux experiences.

:)

Coolmamma73, I had to smile at your post. I had the same thoughts when I first started this journey. I did not use Dr. Garcia, but I did get to meet him. I was just sleeved on Nov 3rd in TJ with Dr. Lopez, and he and Dr. Garcia both work out of Mi hospital. In fact, I met several people that were sleeved and were getting sleeved by Dr. Garcia. I found him to be a sincere man. He had good English and everyone that was there that was being sleeved by him were happy with their decision. I encourage you to seek out people who have used him, maybe start in the October and November surgery rolls under the Mexico self pay forums,and I assure you that you will meet many real and genuine people that will calm your nerves ;)

I am real. LOL. Although I used Dr. Lopez, I met a friend who was sleeved by Garcia on the same day that I was sleeved by Lopez. I didn't meet Dr. G but the friend had no issues and a good surgery.

LOL. I am also real! A real Canadian, who flew from Toronto to Tijuana and had surgery with Dr. Kelly in May 2012. We have national healthcare here and if I was accepted into the program, I could have had surgery here for free. But it would mean a long wait list (years!) and they usually only do a by-pass, not the VSG. I didn't want to be taking supplements the rest of my life and messing with my intestinal tract. VSG was perfect for me!

I had similar reservations to you......I did a TON of research, took everything I read with a grain of salt and worried myself into exhaustion before my surgery. But I DID it anyways! And it's the best thing I've ever done for myself. I only wish I had done it 20 years ago. And I was self-pay, but I would happily do it again, and pay DOUBLE if I had to (even if I had to beg or borrow the money).

Do the research, talk to the surgeons, get their stats and credentials, talk to people here on VST who have been through the experience with each surgeon. In the end, you'll know who is the right choice for you.

I have read on another thread that they believe that some of the people who are giving very positive reviews of Mexican surgeons and their procedures are in fact not "real" people at all but those marketing for that particular Dr.

I am super nervous now' date=' scheduled with dr Garcia. U guys are real people right?? Lol[/quote']

I was sleeved by Dr Garcia three weeks ago, and I am a real person, promise! My experience was positive overall. I even met a couple fellow sleevers from this board while I was down there.

I think there are some posts here of people marketing for the doctors, unfortunately, but several legit ones too.

Feel free to PM me anytime with questions.

when in doubt go type in your browser........bad reviews,dr garcia.... or any other Dr.s name. you can find out most anything on the internet. myself i went through a Dr that my friend used, so i know it was real. hope this helps. you can also check the agencies out this way too

people who are giving very positive reviews of Mexican surgeons and their procedures are in fact not "real" people at all but those marketing for that particular Dr.I am super nervous now, scheduled with dr Garcia. U guys are real people right?? Lol

coolmamma73

there was a thread back when - i think a sleever had a bad outcome - "all of a sudden" people that worked in the office - "pretended" they were "real people" complimentating the dr. - responding to negative comments and stuff like that

possibly we're referring to the same thread :mellow:

that being said - i "think" its safe to say that this doesn't usually happen - maybe this was the only case?????

Now.......

as far as being "real " people??? ^_^

I don't know????? :o

For years and years as a kid and adult, i've tried unsuccessfully to loose and keep my excess weight off

11 months post WLS, i have lost 93 lbs - 7 more til goal - and the elite Century Club :)

with my new health, happiness and lifestyle i won't regain my lost weight, have gone through too much to get to where i am

above statement couldn't be "real"??? ^_^

butttt......its me, and i'm real!!!!!! ;) :)

Am I real? Absolutely! I don't show my pic because I have only told one friend about my surgery (and my hairstylist, of course!). But you can contact me by PM and I will give you my real name, you can see my Facebook profile, and even my cell phone. Why would I keep coming back and sharing my experience, strength & hope if I just wanted to promote a surgeon? I share my story because I know how nervous I was, especially since I went alone, and I want others to feel more comfortable. If it was a bad experience, I'd share that too.

I think I would do as amytug suggested and go through their profiles. If they just show up to make posts raving about their surgeons, be suspect. Mot of us came on before or slightly after and ask questions, share success stories, and try to help each other out.

Thanks everyone! I hope I didn't offend anyone by insinuating that u aren't real, lol

I am sure u know what I meant though, u r a fantastic group of supporters :)

I knew what you meant. I was concerned too. The father of one of my sleeve sisters was so concerned that he actually went to the hospital beforehand to meet Dr Aceves and to see the hospital. He was very impressed. According to her, Dr Aceves gave him the grand tour and even drove her father back to the border where he had left his car. After she told me that, I was 100% confident. Her dad came with her for our surgery too. I was alone, so I called him my surrogate dad for the weekend we were there. He's a retired attorney, so if he said it was okay, I felt it was okay.

coolmamma73

there was a thread back when - i think a sleever had a bad outcome - "all of a sudden" people that worked in the office - "pretended" they were "real people" complimentating the dr. - responding to negative comments and stuff like that

possibly we're referring to the same thread :mellow:

Actually, if it's the one I'm thinking of (late Sept or early Oct?), she had an American surgeon. And all these people came on singing his praises, including one who admitted she was an employee of his, but that she had the surgery by him as well. The post was something like "you really should read this before your surgery". Last I read she was doing much better.

I was sleeved Dec 7, 2011 by Dr. Steven Patching at Sutter in Sacramento, CA. Sutter is a Baratric Center of Excellence. Dr. Patching is a highly skiled and exerienced baratric surgeon with many acolades and honors in his field. No doubt I felt very safe and in good hands. 7 weeks later my daugher was sleeved by Dr. Garcia in TJ and Mi Doctor Hospital. Granted the TJ hospital didn't have fancy architecture or fine art in the halls, but we felt just as competent surgeon in Dr. Garcia and the facility was clean with excellent staff. My daugher had no complications, minimal pain and overall we felt she got excellent treatment. In fact, we are considering going back to TJ for plastic surgery. My surgery and related expenses was over $60,000. I had a minor set back and was back in hospital for 3 days 1 week after my VSG surgery. Lucky for me I have insurance. Her costs were around $5,000 total including the drive down to TJ. She doesn't have insurance. I have been on these forums for over a year now. Go ahead and look me up. I highly recommend Dr. Garcia based on our experience with him and the Mi Doctor Hospital in TJ. Now if I can find the right plastic surgeon down there we'll be heading back to TJ.

Im super real i had dr verboonen in tj . Had an excellent experience loved his nurse she spoke maby 20 words in english but she was excellent. Im 5 and half months out

I am super nervous now' date=' scheduled with dr Garcia. U guys are real people right?? Lol[/quote']

Lol I thought the same thing! I had surgery with him on 10/09/12 and had no issues. If you have any questions you are more than welcome to email me at charlenem76@yahoo.com or msg me on here. You'll be great, no worries!!