Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where's My Miracle?

Running out of patience. I know I am only 5 weeks post op but I've only lost 21#. Realistically I know better, but subconsciously I expected to 1- have surgery 2- spend a couple of weeks recovering 3- get on the scale and be down 100#. Guess what? That didn't happen.

I feel your pain! I'm 6 weeks postop and only down 20# from surgery. I know I need to workout more tho. I did lose 17# preop so I am trying to stay positive.

This is so funny, it made me laugh......We all want everything now, now, and now. LOL You are doing great and if everything was gone right now, it would be a devastating to your body. This is a time to sit back, take a deep breath and look how amazing your body is transforming.........It's a miracle....... :) HUGS!

No miracles. Science. Surgery.

Now: patience, learning, and going on with life. Don't let this consume you or you will crash.

You really don't want too much too fast. But that is alot of weight to lose that soon. Good job!

Keep it up, and just remember - what size would you be if you had not lost the 20 lbs or 25lbs? If you lose 5 lbs a month (and you will probably lose more) that would be 60 lbs in a year...that is like losing a child, but you don't go to jail!

Perspective can be a friend or foe in this journey!

Good luck.

I haven't quite yet lost 100 pounds, but 96 pounds and 10 months out? MIRACLE!

No diabetes? MIRACLE!

No sleep apnea or BIPAP machine? MIRACLE!

No high blood pressure? MIRACLE!

Size 8? MIRACLE!

Size 8 skinny jeans? MIRACLE!

Slinky cocktail dress? MIRACLE!

Fit into amusement park ride with tons of room to spare? MIRACLE!

Not having to go sideways through a turnstile? MIRACLE!

Have my husband not be able to keep his hands or eyes off me? Well, he's always been that way God bless him.

The miracle will happen!

When I start to feel like this I remind myself of how long it took to put it on.

Running out of patience. I know I am only 5 weeks post op but I've only lost 21#. Realistically I know better' date=' but subconsciously I expected to 1- have surgery 2- spend a couple of weeks recovering 3- get on the scale and be down 100#. Guess what? That didn't happen.[/quote']

We are loosing at about the same pace. I feel your pain. I am impatient and want results to come more quickly. I think the good thing about slow and steady is no gallbladder issues, right? If you loose too fast that has the potential to become an issue.

Hopefully it all works out in the end!

We are loosing at about the same pace. I feel your pain. I am impatient and want results to come more quickly. I think the good thing about slow and steady is no gallbladder issues, right? If you loose too fast that has the potential to become an issue.

Hopefully it all works out in the end!

I am trying to be positive and work the plan but its disheartening sometimes. I have had my gall bladder removed so.....

I am trying to be positive and work the plan but its disheartening sometimes. I have had my gall bladder removed so.....

Oh! :-)

No miracles. Science. Surgery.

Now: patience' date=' learning, and going on with life. Don't let this consume you or you will crash.

You really don't want too much too fast. But that is alot of weight to lose that soon. Good job!

Keep it up, and just remember - what size would you be if you had not lost the 20 lbs or 25lbs? If you lose 5 lbs a month (and you will probably lose more) that would be 60 lbs in a year...that is like losing a child, but you don't go to jail!

Perspective can be a friend or foe in this journey!

Good luck.[/quote']

Well said. And science is a beautiful thing :)

Im 6 weeks out and lost about the same. It is discouraging at times but the good thing is the sleeve wont disapear so we will have time on our side. Best wishes to all of you <3

I so needed to hear these comments, I was feeling down about my body not transforming fast enough, I know it's coming off, but I am ready to go shopping for a new size, I'm not there yet, my clothes are baggy now, but I'm ready for them to be so big that I can't wear them any more LOL. We just have to be patient, waiting is so hard... Thanks for posting this :)

For me, to be able to wake up every morning is a Miracle enough. When I was morbidly obese, i would be so happy to lose 10 lbs, to me that was a miracle right then and there, but of course that wouldn't last. When I was blessed to have this surgery (I was self pay) that was a miracle. And now that I have lost 150 lbs not only is that a miracle but to have the ability to use my talent in order to keep it off is more of a miracle! Amen!

Ha! To me, just losing 20 was a miracle!

I am only comparing myself to ME. Therefore, any loss is miraculous.

So, who you are comparing yourself to?

If it isn't YOU, I highly recommend more introspection!

Good luck! :wub: