Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

i was talking with a co worker in another dept. come to find out she is a trainer and really talked bad about the surgery and i should of seen her first and iwouldnt of had the surgery. and how she has clients that were a size 22 down to a 6 and the surgery was a bad idea. made me feel like i really did something really bad. i hate ppl like that. it really upset me. i told her i did everything she began to chestise me for not trying harder and how i could of done this without the surgery. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Girl- keep your head up and don't let the haters get you down.

No one knows that walking in your shoes was like- that trainer lady has no idea what your journey has been.

Keep posting your successes!! ;)

Wow! Never judge someone till you walk a day in their shoes.... and not even then! I'm so sorry you had to listen to a response like that. That's precisely the reason I've chosen not to tell anyone. My surgery is Nov. 19th and I'm keeping it to myself. You know you did the right thing for you. Dust off her ugly words and keep your chin up. :)

We've tried all that. How long will those 6's stay 6's? I don't wish any harm, but we're not here because we can't lose the weight. We're here because the darn pounds sneak back and bring buddies. This isn't for a cruise or a wedding, this is for life. I want something I can sustain on my own, don't you?

Shame on your co-worker....at least in a few months she will see the results in your body, self-esteem, energy and over all confidence and you will have the satisfaction of showing her that this was a choice that works for you. But I agree with Leigh; this is exactly why I chose only to tell my close friends. You don't need the approval or judgement of people who don't know you. I have never regretted keeping this to myself for the most part; and now a one year out, I don't think about me as having the surgery so much. I just think of me as a normal thin person and I want others to think of me that way too.

Good luck and keep up your good work.

Ask her how many of those clients that went from a 22 to a 6 wound up at a 26 to 28 a year or two later.

Most of us have tried and failed multiple diet and exercise regimens, even with "outstanding" personal trainers. And many on this forum and elsewhere have dropped significant amounts of weight with some of those programs only to gain it all back and then some because we simply couldn;t stick to it long-term. Old habits crept back in. Surgery is a "last resort" of sorts for many, and in some cases it really is the only realistic option for the sake of their health. You may want to politely educate your co-worker about how the sleeve helps enforce a long-term change in one's approach to eating, and does help prevent some (though certainly not all) of those bad habits. And that, contrary to what she may think, is still really hard to maintain and not taking the easy way out.

Best of luck to you in your goals!

No one knows what you go through before or after work, school etc unless you share. My co worker is a fitness guru as well and he's against it. I've stopped talking about the surgery, so no one knows what's going on with me.

thanks you guys. i feel better. i just cant stand ppl like that. i think its because she is a personal trainer and its about money, losing money.

You should of told her that her face reminded you of James brown and it was upsetting you. Smh people need to learn to mind their business and give advice when you request it.

We've tried all that. How long will those 6's stay 6's? I don't wish any harm' date=' but we're not here because we can't lose the weight. We're here because the darn pounds sneak back and bring buddies. This isn't for a cruise or a wedding, this is for life. I want something I can sustain on my own, don't you?[/quote']

Soo true I was always an up and down lbs type of a girl! Every year since I was 21 I have gained 20-50lbs then loose and the it would creep up! I had it And finally decided to get sleeved!!!!

You know people are just really ignorant.

My best friend,weighs about 250 plus if I have to estemate,told me this weekend while huffing and puffing,(we were doing a slow 2km breast cancer awareness walk) that she wont do surgery as her special needs kid will still need her around for a very long time.

I presume she ismjust scared that she might die of the surgery or complications or something as I dont believe at this point she will live much longer than I do without the surgery.People dont understand that this surgery saves lives.

My reply is always the same.Seeing as we are mid 40's already,and have been on diets and exercise plans all our lives,when do you realize that you just cannot lose the weight on your own,but it must be lost for you to live a longer healthier life?

My housemate reminded me not to be over sensitive about this.Just look in the mirror,she said.Who is thin now?

Dont mind her.You just enjoy your new found freedom.

Dont let someone get that much of your ear ever again! As soon as negativity starts to come out of someone's mouth... Shut them down! I tend to tell people "I'm not hearing anything negative right now, leave a message at the beep.. Beep... "(Walk away)

Shame on her. She works with you, she doesn't know you! She doesn't know and/ or understand your struggles.... and she doesn't need to! You did this for YOU!

Be encouraged! There's always one on the hater bench! ;)

When talking to my friend who is a trainer, he doesn't approve of my surgery but respects my decision. If your co-worker was really a friend or a professional, they should have at least offered their help. Losing the weight from surgery is only part of it. We need strength training, maintenance, and encouragement to remain successful. Fitness trainers are great for that.

Too bad for them, they may have just lost a great friend!

Hi

Let me just say this, the reality if your conversation was you should have paid me instead. So you can lose a little weight and go back to your same old habits. Your co-worker is doing what's best for her and whom ever wants to take that route which is fine. I have a friend who did it that way and she looks great kept it off for years she was bigger than me, but I tell you she spends a great deal of time in the gym. As for me the gym is great but that's not where I want to hang out 4 to 5 x a week. Wear your sleeve proud. I am :)

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Awwww, don't let her rent space in your head or heart! We have all gone that route only to put the weight back on and feel more discouraged!! That is why I love this site as we all totally understand each others struggles even tho most of us have never met!! Keep your head up lady, you are on your way to good health and already looking good!!!!