Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Just Need More Time Right?.... Right?

Hey all. I have been keeping up on the conversations here finding them so helpful. Thank you all for the inspiration.

I had a dud of a phone conversation with my NUT today and I would love to have your opinion.

I was sleeved on 10/15 starting weight of 326 day of surgery. On 10/23, I weighed in at 305 and I was so excited! On that day my doctor allows patients to start real foods, chicken, steamed vegetables nothing over the top.

I have been drinking at least 64oz of Water, and getting in about 60-70 grams of Protein (thanks to the shakes), and eating only about 400-600 calories a day. I am adding walking in at least 20 min a day. I was feeling really great, proud of doing it all like I was told.

I got on the scale this morning and weighed in at 308. I gained 3 lbs! I'm so disappointed.

I used myfitnesspal and showed my NUT and she said I should switch to low fat cheese (I ate a half a mozzarella stick twice). Really? That was the best she had.

What am I doing wrong?

Could it be starvation mode??

I gained a couple lbs in week 2 as well. Not to intrude, but have you been using the restroom regularly? That become. Problem for me. Once I got regular I began to lose regularly too!

I did the same thing! As soon as I pooped... and took a walk I was back down...

I am still on liquids and was thinking how can I gain!?! I asked my NUT and she said use benifiber in some of my Water and that would help. I used it once and my weight loss is back on track.

Body fluids fluctuate. They really do. That's why it's suggested not to weigh yourself often. Once a week is plenty. As long as you are working your plan you WILL lose weight.

I actually up my calories between to about 700 and for some reason that helped me ... some days I eat up to 800 ... I was sleeved 9-6-12..... I never go over 800 calories...

Sounds like the dreaded 3 week stall came a few days early for you. And for many it is also bowel movements. It happens to most people and you will start loosing again. Just keep working your plan, sounds to me like you are doing the right stuff. Search 3 week stall on this sight if you want more info on it.

Sounds like the dreaded 3 week stall came a few days early for you. And for many it is also bowel movements. It happens to most people and you will start loosing again. Just keep working your plan' date=' sounds to me like you are doing the right stuff. Search 3 week stall on this sight if you want more info on it.[/quote']

The stalls we all run not is like a gift that keeps on giving. Eventually you get desensitized to it because it will happen no matter what due to the body's reaction to perceived starvation and the cycle of replenishing energy stores of glycogen found in muscles. It is important to eat low carb and low fat in order for these glycogen levels to be replenished cyclically from stored fat rather than directly from the high glycemic and high fat foods, respectively. My cycles at 4 months is lose 5 lbs 1 weeks, stall the next week, rinse and repeat. It averages out to 10-15 lbs a month. Once you understand the zen of sleeve weight loss, you will know that there is little you can or should do to break the stalls. It is best to just go with it and not cause undo stress( and higher cortisol levels). Stress is a leading indicator for the body to store fat. Getting enough sleep also leads to better and more consistent weight loss. Not having enough sleep sometimes causes an appetite increase and/or a cortisol increase, leading to stall or weight gain.

I agree with Fiddleman....after awhile we just get used to the stalls. It's all part of the process. ;-)

Ok, I really appreciate it. Thank you all. I am going to just keep on keepin on. I like the idea of the zen of weight loss.

And I am monitoring more closely my ummm, bathroom activity. :)

You are all invaluable.

When you say low fat/ low carb. What should be the targets? I heard under 40g carb (I have been near 20g) and under 30g fat. That sound about right?

Ok' date=' I really appreciate it. Thank you all. I am going to just keep on keepin on. I like the idea of the zen of weight loss.

And I am monitoring more closely my ummm, bathroom activity. :)

You are all invaluable.

When you say low fat/ low carb. What should be the targets? I heard under 40g carb (I have been near 20g) and under 30g fat. That sound about right?[/quote']

Yes, those numbers are good. And drink as much Water as you can.

I actually up my calories between to about 700 and for some reason that helped me ... some days I eat up to 800 ... I was sleeved 9-6-12..... I never go over 800 calories...

Did you lose the 60 lbs after surgery in only two months????

hey all,

I wanted to fill you all in. I stayed with my plan. I increased my Protein and I got "regular" and today I stepped on the scale and came in at 299 (under 300!!)! I am so excited and I want to thank all of you for the encouragement and advice. It made a world of difference! I have lost 27 lbs in five weeks and I feel good about that.

thank you.