Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Finally In Maintenance

Thanks for the tips. Did you have many stalls? I am almost 6 weeks out down 23 pounds and have been here for 2 weeks. What did you do to break the stalls if you had them??

I never had a stall except once when I was sick. I always lost 1 to 3 pounds per week. I only weighed myself on Monday, but to be honest what I really noticed was my eating patterns during the week v. the weekend...even now I tend not to eat much over the weekend. I always eat regular during the week...4 square meals, but on the weekend I might not eat until dinner and I am on the go or sleeping. I felt like I only lost weight because of the weekend :) I would just say change it up. Don't do the same thing over and over and over again. Even the trainers on the biggest loser didn't like a stall and it rarely happened. Most everyone lost weight consistently even if it was 2 pounds. So if you are stalling you should change it up. work out more...work out less. change up your work out. don't eat as much one day and eat more another. I really don't know what to tell you :)

Congrats!

What do you do differently now that you are "on maintenance"?

Congrats!

What do you do differently now that you are "on maintenance"?

I am in constant fear of gaining the weight back. I hope that my hair grows back...it hasn't even started to grow back. I hate my skin, but it doesn't make me cry so I when I start to think yuck I get over it real quick. I just eat normal, but also since I am in constant fear I watch what I eat all the time. I don't eat whenever I am hungry because then I would be eating every two hours so I am hungry a lot more now. You get over that too because you can't give into it. Some people still have restriction...I don't. I mean I do of course, but I could eat a medium bag of popcorn over a movie and not feel a thing. I will never not have to watch what I eat so it is kind of good we monitored, weighed and counted because for some of us we will have to do it for the rest of our lives.

Can you give an example of what you eat different from before or how you work out different than when you weren't yet in maintenance. I am having a hard time defining when to start maintenance and what is required to be in maintenance.....

You don't decide unless you are losing too much...which was my fear, but thankfully I did stop. You might be able to take a few bites more and then it just magically stops.

I went from eating only 1/2 of a Stoffer's Entree (Green Pepper Steak) at month 6 to 3/4 at a year and now I can eat the whole thing and still be hungry an hour to two hours later. So when you are looking for that satisfied feeling it takes more food to get there.

You are at a great weight. Do you want to lose more? If so, then lose more if you can. I know if I had skin removal surgery I would have 10 pounds of skin so I am ok where I am, plus I am trying my best not to gain so It would be really hard to lose anyway.

If you want to stop then you have to just find the amount of calories that keeps you where you are. Someone said she had to add gravy to her meals and maybe a little butter here in there or avacado so she wouldn't lose anymore.

Do you want to lose more?

Beautiful..I hope I can look that good!

Beautiful before, stunning afterwards photo. Thank you for reminding everyone that the hunger can come back. I get hungry now too, much to my dismay. Making bad choices can cause back weight gain.

Hugs - and keep rocking your sleeve.

Wow you are absolutely stunning! Congratulations!

You don't decide unless you are losing too much...which was my fear, but thankfully I did stop. You might be able to take a few bites more and then it just magically stops.

I went from eating only 1/2 of a Stoffer's Entree (Green Pepper Steak) at month 6 to 3/4 at a year and now I can eat the whole thing and still be hungry an hour to two hours later. So when you are looking for that satisfied feeling it takes more food to get there.

You are at a great weight. Do you want to lose more? If so, then lose more if you can. I know if I had skin removal surgery I would have 10 pounds of skin so I am ok where I am, plus I am trying my best not to gain so It would be really hard to lose anyway.

If you want to stop then you have to just find the amount of calories that keeps you where you are. Someone said she had to add gravy to her meals and maybe a little butter here in there or avacado so she wouldn't lose anymore.

Do you want to lose more?

That's a good question. I am less than 1/2 lb from goal however have been making choices that are not the healthiest. There's a piece of me that thinks that I should lose 10 more so that in case I gain a few ill be ok. Quite honestly, I don't know what to do if I actually hit my goal. There is a certain loss that goes along with that. I am wearing a size 4 (vanity sizing) however feel really flabby. I have an incredibly busy lifestyle with small kids, business owner and caring for a very ill parent (all by myself) who lives a state away so I do what I can but exercise I mostly walk the dog and 1-2/wk I do elliptical for 40-60 minutes. I'm eating 1000-1600 cal/day

You look fabulous! Awesome job! Thanks for sharing your meal plan and tips too!

Girl,you look sooo skinny!!! im 6'0 i started at 277 now 250. My goal is 170 so i can see me on you.

You look amazing! Thanks for the inspiration my surgery is in like two weeks and this is really inspiring ! Congrats :)