Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who did you book through. Below is part of what was sent to me I had surgery 11/8

PRE-OP INSTRUCTIONS

START THIS DIET 7-14 DAYS PRIOR TO SURGERY

Use any prepared canned or powdered Protein Drink. You may purchase these in any health food store or many grocery stores. Please be sure it contains at least 15 grams of Protein per serving. 1 protein drink at Breakfast 1 protein drink at lunch Dinner: salad with Protein (chicken' date=' fish, egg, etc), small amount of low fat dressing, or fat free dressing or olive oil and vinegar. 1 protein drink in the evening if needed You may also take 1 Metamucil capsule per day if needed for hunger.

Start this phase 3 days before surgery: Take a laxative (any laxative that you usually use). Take only Clear Liquids after that. This consists of broth, Jell-o, sugar-free juice, any clear liquid

You may have nothing to eat or drink after the midnight preceding surgery or 8 hours prior to your surgery. If you are a Same Day Surgery arrive with an empty stomach. If you are coming in a day prior you may have dinner but nothing after midnight. You may take needed medications (such as heart or blood pressure medications) with sips of Water the morning of surgery as directed by our Doctors.

Hope that helps some :)[/quote']

That's what I got also. My confusion is for those last 3 days is it supposed to be clear liquids only OR still eating the protein diet but only having clear liquids after the laxative

The way I did it was 3 days before surgery I was all clear liquids and on first night of clear liquids that is when I took the laxative. I also didn't follow the pre-op to a t, I started just liquids a bit before surgery.

It does sound like its 3 days of clear liquids but I see how the wording gets confusing.

Thanks, thats pretty much the way I was going to follow it. I'm very excited I go tomorow for my pre-op testing. :)

That is awesome, when is surgery?

My husband and I are both scheduled for Saturday. Super excited and starting to get nervous. I had the lapband before and I'm really hoping that recovery is similar

That is great!!! I wish you both the best and also a speedy recovery.

After surgery I didn't really have any pain other then gas pain up in my shoulder that I was able to walk off. I actually eventually asked the nurses to stop giving me the pain meds not only because I didn't need them they were also making me sick. I hope you both do not feel much pain at all.

As you already know remember, walk walk walk. :) please keep us updated if/when you can.

Well wishes to you.

I guess I'm an OG patient of Dr Garcia's. Glad to see so many people happy with his care, and also glad to see a lot more people going by themselves. When I was researching the sleeve around this time last year, very few people were going alone, so I felt strange about it. Love Dr. Garcia though.

For those of you who had surgery with Dr. Garcia, were there any additional expenses you encountered at the hospital? I've seen some mention of prescription costs and was wondering about that?

I had no additional expenses at the hospital or the hotel. No complications and excellent care. If you have a hernia or other unforeseen issues, there could be a charge.

Ready4Achange was my coordinator - probably

best to ask.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

For those of you who had surgery with Dr. Garcia, were there any additional expenses you encountered at the hospital? I've seen some mention of prescription costs and was wondering about that?

I also had no additional charges - I went through Ready4Achange

I ha no additional costs and I had an allergic reaction to the tape and had to be given extra medicine. I wasn't charged for that extra medicine.

Hey!! Can anyone tell me the cost of the sleeve with Dr. Garcia? Thanks!!

I'm going through Ready 4a Change. Surgery with Dr. Garcia is $4700. If your bmi is over 50, it's an additional $500.

I'm going through Ready 4a Change. Surgery with Dr. Garcia is 4700. If your bmi is over 50' date=' it's an additional 500.[/quote']

Thanks love!! I was initially considering Dr. Ismael Cabrera and his partner Dr. Louisiana Valenzuela. But after reading tons of reviews I am considering Dr. Fernando Garcia. When is your surgery?