Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nervous - I Begin My Pre-Op Diet Today

You got this, Nursey! :}

weight.png 347*294/285/135 (*347HW/294SSW) | @Mwrarr | mwrarr.wordpress.com

I'm on day one of the liquid diet also. Surgery scheduled for the 12th. I get 7 shakes a day and any clear liquid like Water or broth. I've lost track of how many times I've looked at the clock today to see when I can have my next shake and can't believe how many tv commercials there are for food! LOL!

Just about done day 14....right now the family and friends are eating a lamb dinner and the smell is to die for.......I have locked myself in my office ....only because all of a sudden I am mad at anything and everything...........give me strength!!!!!!!!!!

Wow yesterday day 4 was horrible was packing and moving all day and only ate 1 280cal meal and drank one shake then i felt weak and got shakey... today hasnt been any better except i finally found my shake mix i already ate my meal now have to drink my 2-3 shakes hoping 4 a better day but i feel so tired and im still not done with everything....

Hi everyone. My surgery is on the 14th as well, and this is the 5th day of my Protein shake/water diet. I broke down and had a salad with FF dressing on it. The second day I had a 1/4 c of cottage cheese. It's not even so much that I'm hungry as it is I miss chewing and crunching. I feel like a failure already, and the two things I've cheated with aren't really that bad, are they? Someone PLEASE make me feel better.

Hi Ladies,

You can do it! One hour at a time. How did you do today? I have just about finish day 5. So far, so good. I am quite hungry but was thrilled this morning when I zipped up jeans I haven't worn in months. Whoohoo.

The preop diet gets easier day by day - I am doing it for four weeks. I still get hungry (in the second week). But the is good practice for dealing with head hunger post op. I think the preop liquid diet is great preparation for the post op lifestyle.

Thanks @bakawaka. I keep hoping the hungry will go away, but on day 6, it is still here. I'm excited about how good I've done, but I really miss food.< /p>

I'm on day 3 now and I've found I'm definitely not as hungry as I was on the first day. I think some of it is in my head but most of it is just plain ole hunger pains! I know ya'll can relate! We can do this!!

Thanks @bakawaka. I keep hoping the hungry will go away, but on day 6, it is still here. I'm excited about how good I've done, but I really miss food.

Well, it happened to me too, today. I have been in business meetings with colleagues out of town. We inevitably go out to eat. I order chicken broth. The hunger returned. I've had to use a lot of mental discipline to get through the head hunger while watching my colleagues eat. Today was actually my most difficult day. I am trying to distract myself. I wish you and everyone on the pre-op liquid diet success.

Thanks @bakawaka. I keep hoping the hungry will go away, but on day 6, it is still here. I'm excited about how good I've done, but I really miss food.

One think I have found challenging is the constant sweetness of the Protein shakes. They are all sweet. I get tired of that. I have found that beef broth and chicken broth inbetween the shakes helps with that. Also, instant miso soup! It's full of Protein. It's a liquid. You can strain out the solid stuff. It's also savory and a wonderful alternative. The challenge with miso Soup and chicken/beef broth is the sodium. But it does help. On this business trip out of town, I do not have access to broth, though I did have miso Soup today at an Asian restaurant. Maybe these ideas will help.

Rachel (and all on a liquid diet pre-op), you girls rock. I love Rachel's 'tude... take it hour by hour, moment by moment and do what you can to just get through it. That was the hardest challenge prior to surgery.

You can do it guys and gals. And wow, I have to smile at how far you have come and with a great 'tude too! Kudos to you! That's a huge NSV! xx

You can do this girl!!!!!

I too am on day 2 of my pre-op diet. My surgery is on the 14th. So far, I'm following it 100%, but it is definitely hard. I haven't had any light headness, but I am having some strong hunger pains. Every doctor is different and their guidelines greatly differ as well. My doctor bases the length of the pre-op diet based on one's BMI. Being that the purpose of the pre-op diet is to shrink the liver, I see following this diet as essential. I tried the Isopure, but could not take it. The Protein Shakes are okay. Hopefully, these days will pass quickly!!

Well day 10 here and I am still hungry! I so wish the hungry would go away. I also haven't lost as much weight as I hoped so far. Hopefully, it'll catch up. We can do it! It's so hard to believe that the day is almost here. Wow!