Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Will I Ever Lose This Weight?

I don't understand what you are asking, are you in a stall? What time frame did it take you to lose this amount? How much do you eat? What do you eat? Thanks this will help with answers

I don't understand what you are asking, are you in a stall? What time frame did it take you to lose this amount? How much do you eat? What do you eat? Thanks this will help with answers

I agree, a little more info would be great to best give advice regarding your situation.

I don't understand what you are asking' date=' are you in a stall? What time frame did it take you to lose this amount? How much do you eat? What do you eat? Thanks this will help with answers[/quote']

I been stalling for 3 weeks now

I agree' date=' a little more info would be great to best give advice regarding your situation.[/quote']

I been stallin that's just my problem I increase my Water idk what going on

If your newly sleeved a 3 week stall is normal from what Ive read. If not analyze what your eating, reducing carbs , increasing Water and protein! its annoying Im sure but It will come off. Your body is like "wtf" is going on and has to catch up!

This surgery is fantastic in that it can be a quick solution to a big problem, but that doesn't mean it's lightening fast. You have to give your body time to adjust. You will have weeks where you stall, or even gain a bit, and you will have weeks where you drop 5+ pounds. Decrease your caloric intake, increase your exercise/water/protein and I bet you see a difference.

Stick with it, you can do this! We've all been there!

I just went through a 3 week stall Tabs. It was my first one...I had a way bigger BMI than yours.. I just now started back going downward..in fact the scale fluctuated up and down a pound or two for that 3 weeks and I was like.."Wth"...so I kept the course..exercise..eating correctly...and sure enough ...it's coming down again...hang in there...I think it's just the process our bodies have to get through to release the extra weight...very frustrating yea..but it will come off.

If your newly sleeved a 3 week stall is normal from what Ive read. If not analyze what your eating' date=' reducing carbs , increasing Water and protein! its annoying Im sure but It will come off. Your body is like "wtf" is going on and has to catch up![/quote']

It. Been .3 months

Hi guys, I am having the same issue however I have not lost any weight in two months. I had my surgery 3/5/12 and i was 254 now 8 months later i am 198. while i am happy to be at this weight i am very frustrted that my weight has just stopped. Really did i put my body through all of this losing my hair and all to only lose a not even 60 pounds? I am finding myself hungry all the time now to while I still can not eat more then a 3/4 a cup of food at one time, I still feel like I am hungry alot. please help will this pass? I am really feeling discuraged and disappointed.

What is your BMI now?

You don't give a lot of details about what you are eating/drinking but going back to your basic sleeve rules will jump start your weight. I can share more specifics, but I have dealt with hunger returning since about month 7. I think I have found a way to minimize it so I am not battling it - and it is all about the foods I chose to eat and basically, following the sleeve rules. I think exercise helps too - boosts your endorphins, makes you feel better, motivates you to stay with your eating plan and burns a few calories too.

Hi guys, I am having the same issue however I have not lost any weight in two months. I had my surgery 3/5/12 and i was 254 now 8 months later i am 198. while i am happy to be at this weight i am very frustrted that my weight has

just stopped. Really did i put my body through all of this losing my hair and all to only lose a not even 60 pounds? I am finding myself hungry all the time now to while I still can not eat more then a 3/4 a cup of food at one time, I still feel like I am hungry alot. please help will this pass? I am really feeling discuraged and disappointed.

Hi guys, I am having the same issue however I have not lost any weight in two months. I had my surgery 3/5/12 and i was 254 now 8 months later i am 198. while i am happy to be at this weight i am very frustrted that my weight has just stopped. Really did i put my body through all of this losing my hair and all to only lose a not even 60 pounds? I am finding myself hungry all the time now to while I still can not eat more then a 3/4 a cup of food at one time, I still feel like I am hungry alot. please help will this pass? I am really feeling discuraged and disappointed.

Hi Tabb - I too have dealt with this. My surgery was 8/15/11 and I started at 241 and lost to 181 by January 2012. I have not lost any weight since then (actually I gained 10 lbs back). I have been watching what I eat and exercising. I haven't been 100% with tracking & eating right every time but I eat way less than I used to and I exercise and have just stalled out. It is frustrating!

tabbymonroe, when i first had my surgery 3 years ago, I hit a stall that drove me crazy! I had been losing so great, then boom at exactly one year i stalled for 7 MONTHS. . . it was crazy! no weight loss, no weight gain. . .I had really thought this was it! then one day it just moved, I lost another 10 - 15 lbs and that was it, BUT i did reach my goal the doctor had put out for me plus 12 lbs more, so that is what I call success. . . now at 3+ years out I'm still the same weight and am maintaining beautifully. . .I don't worry about anything anymore. . .I finally love myself and accept myself for who I am. . . good luck, it'll happen for you too. .

What is your BMI now?

You don't give a lot of details about what you are eating/drinking but going back to your basic sleeve rules will jump start your weight. I can share more specifics, but I have dealt with hunger returning since about month 7. I think I have found a way to minimize it so I am not battling it - and it is all about the foods I chose to eat and basically, following the sleeve rules. I think exercise helps too - boosts your endorphins, makes you feel better, motivates you to stay with your eating plan and burns a few calories too.

My BMI is 31, my doctor told me not to worry about what i was eating because i wasnt eating much at the time. I dont count calories or know how many I should be eating in a day. i eat ver few carbs because they fill my stomach so quick. I do eat alot of meat, some veggies and lots of dairy. i dont really know what i should be eating. I do know that I need to move my body more and I just started a workout plan last week and lost 2 pounds so far. This week I will go back to the south beach diet and start again. I am smaller then I have ever been but for my loss to stop now would be such a let down