Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've been lurking for some time now, and I haven't seen Dr. Kelly being mentioned as often as a few months back...what gives?

I've been lurking for some time now' date=' and I haven't seen Dr. Kelly being mentioned as often as a few months back...what gives?[/quote']

There's been some rumors about Dr Kelly concerning coordinators, being a drug addict, etc. He also had a patient die, either from a nicked artery or pulmonary embolism... I was told pulmonary embolism by Dr Kelly himself. I'm sure some will swear some of its true. I choose to stay out of all the hearsay.

That being said, I was sleeved Oct 6th by Dr Kelly. I personally thought he had the personality of a surgeon (to the point, all business) but was very professional. I was back on my feet shopping 2 days later.

Thanks for your responding and being honest! I'm relieved to hear you had surgery recently and that it went well!!! Good luck.

I had surgery with dr. Kelly last Friday. Fantastic experience with him and his team. I'm just home now and feeling pretty good. I would do it again.

I asked dr. Kelly about the death (pulmonary embolism). This is a risk with any surgery. There is alot of rivalry with companies down there and a website using his name (to which he is not affiliated) is still in operation. (www.ramoskelly.com). His pic is on there but when patients call, they are redirected to other doctors.

In any event, what matters is his skillset. While my bmi was relatively low, I had had tonnes of abdominal and chest surgeries after a duel with cancer a few years back. I was very worried about adhesions and ending up with complications. Apart from terrible nausea for 12 hours (mostly because I react badly to anaesthesia ) I feel close to normal now. The whole 5 days I was there I was looked after well and everything was thought of. No complaints.

There are a few other very decent surgeons down there. I can only speak from my experience though.

Im to have surgery in March w/ Dr. Kelly. There are alot of rumors floating around (mostly from last year) mainly due to the competition and Dr. Kelly broke away from the coordinators. Some exaggerated, some completely unfounded. I too spoke w/ Omar and Dr. Kelly and was told the loss of pt was PE. All past pts have seemed to have a high opinion and Im very comfortable with my decision.

I had my surgery in march with dr kelly i have no complaint started at 255 i weigh 168 now most of that is my falt because i have never went to the gym but thinking aout starting

I have posted here in the past, and that is how I decided to check out Dr. Kelly in Mexico. And then POOF!! it seemed like he disappeared. I'm so glad he hasn't! Thank you for replying with the info!