Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sooo Sick Of Protein Shakes!

I also wanted to mention Isopure Zero Carb "clear" drinks' date=' I found them at GNC, The Vitamin Shoppe, I think Amazon has them too. They have 40g of whey isolate Protein and are like Gatorade or Powerade. They are quite expensive, but at least a different Protein option.[/quote']

The grape one is really good. Had to pour out the red punch one. Also the orange was pretty good. I get mine from Vitamin Shoppe. singles about 4.15 and a case of 12 about 46.99

I also think the Protein is making my breath stink! I brush my teeth and tongue after each shake' date=' but maybe its the Protein in an otherwise empty stomach!

Any one else having this problem?[/quote']

That is your body responding to ketosis, this happened to me years ago with the Atkins diet, the problem is sometime you can't tell...but everyone else can! ;)

I too can't stand the taste of Protein. Just the smell alone makes me nauseous. I'm 2 weeks out and this all started post op. yes, I have a variety of Protein Drinks & powders. I'm only consuming 2 Popsicles, few ounces of Water & maybe 2 ounces of Jello if I'm lucky. I feel weak & go back to work tomorrow. So I can relate to a lot of you.

I use Syntrax nectar chocolate Truffle or strawberry Mousse, and I love them. I also sometimes use the unflavored Protein with crystal light to mix it up so I don't get sick of the others. It doesn't have as much

Protein though and isn't as good but if it helps me to continue liking the others, it doing its hob because it is still bearable. Also, some websites have the option to order a sample pack so you can try out different flavors.

Caroline

I, too, am sick sick sick of Protein drinks! The Isopure drinks make me gag now -- I have a closet full of Alpine Punch that I've tried to gussy up wtih lemon juice. I think I'm going to mix it with Crystal Lite lemonade.

I stopped in to tell you about the delicious mix I just made! I mixed up the Syntrax nectar - caribbean cooler flavore - with coconut water! I blended it with my immersion blender, and if I close my eyes I almost feel like I'm drinking a pina colada!

DELICIOUS!

I made the pudding recipe on the Unjury site, I've made several flavors. It's a nice change and I'm still getting my Protein Powder in and there are lots of flavors using Jello instant sugar free puddings.< /p>

Has anyone tried freezing the shakes and eating them with a spoon?

Have you tried Isopure? They are different then shakes and taste pretty good. Or you can go with Protein Shots, they come in a tube and it's not too much to drink for a lot of Protein.< /p>

I buy unflavored Protein from GNC. I like being able to go to the store and not have to order it online. GNC will also take back anything that you dont like with a reciept.

2 suggestions -- Try Isopure from GNC - its more like flavored Protein Water. its kinda sour, but different from regular Protein Shakes.< /p>

Also Carnation instant Breakfast just tastes like chocolate milk.

Good luck!

I found Bariatric Advantage unflavored on Amazon but trying to figure out whar to put it in. Maybe Soup? Baratric advantage chocolate is best so far. Try adding blueberries or cinnamon or Peanut Butter. Helps. I made pumpkin pie shakes the other day.

Ugh, I think I'm one of the only people on the planet who does NOT like Bariatric Advantage. To me, the chocolate is like drinking thickened, weirdly flavored Water. I'm a Bariatric fusion girl all the way.

I totally get where u are coming from. I'm almost 2 wks out and will be moving from full liquid to blended/ soft diet. I've already started mashed potatoes thinned out and I tolerated that well and started feeling better just having something besides broth Jello and Protein Shakes. I will say the first few times my stomach felt crampy but it went away. It seems normal when you are putting something new in there for it to rebel a little;) good luck!! I hope u get to advance your diet soon cause u will feel better