Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeved Patients W/ Pcos

No - definitely not. My periods are getting more regular. My problem is the weight is coming off very slowly. how about you?

Well for years I was only getting my period Twice a year. I got my period the day of my surgery which I thought was weird and another one today. Today is my 4 weeks post op. I'm just in shock I have a period two months in a row.

I didn't get my period until age 15 and then only every 6 months or so unless I was on the pill. After surgery I got it at weird times (even though I was on the pill) - so don't be surprised at that. It's just your hormones readjusting. It's the sugar and the carbs that causes problems for PCOS and when they decrease so much it kind of throws you for a loop. I also got very cranky, but that didn't last too long. I'm 49 so I'm not losing to get pregnant, just to get healthy. I just wish I didn't have so many stalls!!!

I'm 30 years and I have tried everything to get pregnant but nothing. I even did 3 IVF with no success. My symptoms besides the weight gain is Hair loss. Did you get a lot of hair loss. Is there anything you did to make it better.

I gave pcos with all symptoms. Since surgery I've been having periods fairly regularly... That's the only change be noticed so far

Is there only who had a sleeve who has pcos and symptoms have improved since weight loss?

Well I'm only 3 1/2 weeks post op but I had a huge cyst burst last week. Pain so bad, thought I was dying but it only lasted 30 minutes and since I've had so many burst, I instantly recognized the feeling. My hair issue seems worse but I'm keeping the hope that It's just from the hormones being released from the fat. My period is still unreliable....

I have PCOS and I am 3 month out. Since the day of surgery, I've had 3 periods, all about 28 days apart. I have not had regular periods for 15 years! I've lost 55 lbs. so far, which seems like a normal rate. I didn't have a lot of the other PCOS symptoms, but I did have infertility and heat/cold intolerance. I am beyond trying to get pregnant at this point in my life, but the weight loss had been great and I am much more comfortable temperature-wise. Good luck!

I have PCOS and haven't had a period for two years. Three weeks after surgery had a one hour period and nothing ever since. I to have problems with hairloss but trying nioxin and still unsure it works or not. The minty smell of it is nice tho. Makes my head tingly. I guess it's suppose to do that unsure.

Well I'm only 3 1/2 weeks post op but I had a huge cyst burst last week. Pain so bad' date=' thought I was dying but it only lasted 30 minutes and since I've had so many burst, I instantly recognized the feeling. My hair issue seems worse but I'm keeping the hope that It's just from the hormones being released from the fat. My period is still unreliable....[/quote']

Hope it's getting better

Yay! There are people that has pcos and have been sleeved just like me!! Lol Anyways, I have found that my periods have become a lot better. The most thing that has improved since being sleeved is my acne. I actually might only have 1 pimple a month now. However, I am losing slow. My starting weight was 262 and now 8 months post-op it is 218. Slowly but surely.

I have PCOS and was sleeved 9/11 of this year. I started at 332 and am now 297. I had my period for a week or so before my surgery through two weeks after. And then it stopped for about a week. And I've had it full force since. It was the worst in the hospital. Not to be graphic but it was the heaviest one ove ever had. Now is no picnic either but at least I'm home. My facial hair is still there despite going for laser removal. Dare I say I think it's increased. I haven't really noticed any positive changes yet but I'm hopeful!

I had surgery in August of 2011. I started at 241 and lost down to 181 but have since regained 11 lbs and am working on losing the regain. Found loss was slower with PCOS (for me anyway). I have an IUD so don't get a period at all. For the first 6-8 months it seemed as if the hair on my face was growing at a slower pace but it has since picked back up. Also, I still have acne along my chinline. Frustrating! Hope others are faring a bit better than me!

So glad to see this topic. I'm very curious how I'll be effected. I have PCOS...symptoms include weight gain, some acne, some facial hair (waxing fixes it), and painful cysts etc. I had an IUD implanted in March 2012 but my periods have not gotten any lighter or regular. I'm kinda frustrated with that. I had my sleeve done a week ago today. Weighed yesterday & I've lost 14 lbs so far. Had to lose 30 lbs before surgery. That was hard! I started my period the day before surgery but by the time I was out of surgery...it stopped. Then started again on Sunday. It has been ridiculously heavy. I'm not sure what to make of it. Hoping for light at the end of the tunnel.

Ok now to actually be vulgar... These last two periods have been ridiculous. Does anyone else get (I'm so sorry) extremely large clots? Like half dollar, golf ball, even the occasional fist sized clot? Again sorry to be gross but I find very little online about that and I switched last year from a witch of a woman to a creepy guy and I don't want to go there if I don't have to.