Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr Dolan, Perth, Australia?

Hi was just wondering has anyone had DR Dolan? How was your experience with him? Recovery time? Are you satisfied? I'm going in Nov 19th would love to hear from anyone else who has used Dr Dolan :)

Hi I am booked in for 11th dec, I would love to know the same

Hi I am booked in for 11th dec' date=' I would love to know the same[/quote']

Hi the supported half, I am going in tomorrow for my sleeve I will let you know how I go with him :)

All the best for tomorrow, I'm sure you will have great success, talk to you on the other side

Can I ask you what diet the dietician gave you per op, I only see her 4 days prior to mine

I didn't get time to see the dietician before hand as she was busy apparently but Dr Dolan put me on Optifast for 2 weeks and I was given information on it and also what I can eat afterwards. So for the last 2 weeks I'm allowed 2 optifast shakes a day and a optifast bar or 3 shakes a day depending whether I wanted a bar or not, plus 2 cups of allowed cooked veggies and a piece of fruit. Can drink Water, black tea, low joule cordial. After the first few days I stopped eating as much though the hunger subsided, I'm down 5kgs ( have been naughty and not exercising though :-/ )

Thanks so much for that, I was given the same info so I guess it must just be generic from him. Although I haven't got the diet for afterwards yet

Hi dito88 are you out yet? Hope it went well for you

Hi dito88 are you out yet? Hope it went well for you

Hi supportedhalf, I am out came out yest, dr Dolan said I would be ok to come out on Wednesday but I opted to stay one more night to rest before I came home to the kids! Very happy I did gave me more time to sleep :)

Dr Dolan is fabulous! I went in at 4pm and was out a couple hours later, woke in recovery in a lot of pain, kept harassing nurses for pain relief, they gave me something in recovery but was still in pain when I got to my room so kept pushing for more so they gave me morphine and that done the job after about 15minutes and I was out cold for a couple hours, waking needing the loo :P which I was repeatedly doing through the night due to the drip :) :)

Nurses give you plenty of pain relief just make sure you ask for it, all in all the worst part was waking up in recovery OUCH! And the leak test the following day YUCK! I'm feeling good now though no pain, get a bit gassy sometimes and need to hiccup it out. I was sent home with tramadole pain killers but only used them last tie before bed, used neurofen once today. food going down painlessly (nutritional Fluid stage) just learning about what I can have and how much. Dolan has done a great job in my books and the staff at glengarry were fabulous. I'm down 8kg since the start of preop! Going back to see him on Wednesday. Have you got all your Optifast ready for preop next week?

Really glad to hear it went well for you, what time did you have to be there? My form says 6.30am. I definately won't be scared to ask for pain relief, I'm a man so don't handle pain very well lol. I think I too if offered an extra night will take it, would rather be over cautious. It definately sounds like I'm going to the best place and will be in safe hands. Did Dolan come and see you in the hospital? Did they give you a food list in there? Are you able to move around ok now? Yeah I've got all my opti in, decided to start 2 weeks only and has gone well . I have my Christmas party tomorrow so I'm going to use it as my last opportunity to chew for a while haha :) Paul

I meant 2 weeks early (4 weeks total)

Really glad to hear it went well for you' date=' what time did you have to be there? My form says 6.30am. I definately won't be scared to ask for pain relief, I'm a man so don't handle pain very well lol. I think I too if offered an extra night will take it, would rather be over cautious. It definately sounds like I'm going to the best place and will be in safe hands. Did Dolan come and see you in the hospital? Did they give you a food list in there? Are you able to move around ok now? Yeah I've got all my opti in, decided to start 2 weeks only and has gone well . I have my Christmas party tomorrow so I'm going to use it as my last opportunity to chew for a while haha :) Paul[/quote']

I didn't have t be in hospital until 1.30pm for the op at 4pm. So you must be first thing in the morning :) that's good so you don't have to sit around all day thinking about it.

Haha yeh well I've had 2 csections and the pain from them was much worse, but I could eat whatever comfort food I wanted after that, after the sleeve I couldnt eat or drink until the following day about 9.30am after my leak test! Yeh he said I could go home but I said can I stay one more night please lol

The first I seen of Dolan on the day was in theatre just before they put me to sleep, then he popped in every morning for a moment to check on me and ask how I'm going.

No they just gave me the food suggestions list at my first appointment with Dolan in his clinic strange they didn't give it to you.i only get info for up to weeks 3-4 then the dietician will prob give me the next foods to try.yeh I've been able to move around fine since the night I had surgery, just move a bit slowly for now and dont pick up the lil ones as much, hubby has been great in that department, hope you have good support at home cause it makes a big difference having somewhere care about what your going through and make life easier for the time being :) oh i can sleep on either side, kinda on my tummy and my back so all ok there which is a big bonus so you can sleep comfortably. I tried to do it for 4 weeks to but failed miserably lol gave in and only done it for 2 :P make the most of it before preopw coz afterward its still going to be awhile until you can enjoy simple things like crackers with cheese and Tomato, oh yum I'm so mourning food at the moment!! I'm living on fruit smoothies and homemade Soup.. Have an awesome time at you Xmas party!!

Hi just wondering how your recovery is going, I hope you are well!

Hi just wondering how your recovery is going' date=' I hope you are well![/quote']

Hi, I'm going good thanks still struggling with what I can and can't eat which is a bit frustrating, tried to eat a piece of laughing cow soft cheese ( cheese in a wheel) and felt like vomiting for at least an hour after. Can eat half a weetbix softened with hot Water and milk, half cup of baked Beans just bland soft stuff at the moment so it's very boring and feeling a bit tired often but still all worth it :) I'm down nearly 11kgs so can't complain about that! Oh seen Dr Dolan and Dietician last weeks and they really happy with how I'm going, Dolan expects me to lose about 16kgs by the end of Jan!! I hope that's possible coz I'd be 16kgs off my goal :)

How did you Xmas party go? How's preop going? 1 week left you must be getting excited/nervous?