Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre Op Diet Started Today

I feel so stupid right now. I am on day one of my pre op and I gave into head hunger..I ate for bites of my family dinner. y?

chicken pieces with fire roasted tomatoes with either a spash of hot sause or chili powder. Make like a chunky Soup.< /p>

Well I made it past Halloween. Then today about noon I became very light headed and dizzy. So I ate some brisket , salad. Then I really messed up and ate a huge price of cake. Tomorrow I start again, I must loose 16 pounds, so I can meet with my surgeon.

Its okay to fall off the wagon... just get right back on. With all the Halloween candy around my house its hard. Just know that the pre-op diet won't last forever! I have full liquids until the 10th. On the 11th I have only Clear Liquids and then surgery on the 12th. It will get better once your body gets used to no solid foods. My headache was gone by day 3. Hopefully it won't come back!

Question does anyone feel a lil sick from taking Vitamins or any other pills without anything else in the stomach

Question does anyone feel a lil sick from taking Vitamins or any other pills without anything else in the stomach

you might want to call your surgeon's office. they had me stop all vitamins because of the anesthesia.

Went in for my weigh in this morning and after my little lapse in judgement, I'm down 7 lbs on day 3! The coordinator told me I'm right on track for surgery a week from Monday!!!! Now I'm going to focus straight ahead and nail this puppy!!!!

4 days til surgery this is UN real. 7 days pre op diet down 12 pounds. Even crasier is my co workers r telling Me I look different LOL feels so good though :)

Sent from my Samsung Admire using VST

I have not done super great on this pre op diet...My sciatica back pain started acting up...then i got a cold..I don't know about you guys but when I'm sick, all I want is hot food! Not a cold shake! I'm refocused though and hanging in there. I meet with the surgeon this week and hopefully I will have lost enough to continue with my surgery on the 12th. For those of you who haven't cheated...I COMMEND you!

Hi everyone. I started my two wk Liquid Protein diet this past Wed., but that's all I'm allowed. Well that, and Water. My surgery is the 14th, so I'm not too far away. Those of you who are allowed to have anything other than the liquid Protein are very lucky.

I had a fake bacon blt! This is nuts - I did better before being told I could do nothing but drink gross shakes. I was steadily losing weight on my own - eating super healthy. Now I want everything I see - I have to refocus - on all the sexy shirts I can wear afterwards! LOL

I find that with my pre-op liquid diet, I'm not losing weight according to the scale, but pants that I used to not be able to wear comfortably are now comfortable. But my weight fluctuates up and down. It's strange. But I do think that the pre-op diet is doing something positive. The headaches have disappeared. The mental hunger remains, however. The mental hunger seems to decrease with each day. I'm in the second week of a four-week liquid diet. Today I'm going on a multi-day business trip. Instead of the Bariatric Advantage shakes that I have to mix, I am taking pre-mixed shakes (drinkable) in my checked luggage. I bought them from GNC. They have 40 more calories than the Bariatric Advantage shakes (which I like, by the way) but are more convenient. Whenever I am at home, I use the Bariatric Advantage shakes. Whenever I am not at home, I am using the GNC shakes.

I made an Unjury chocolate shake this am in the blender with milk....lst time I tried a powder as I have only been using the premade stuff from GNC..anyways, it was very good! I'm wondering who uses this stuff and what do you put in it besides milk? It wasn't super cold so I will add ice next time.

personally, I use vanilla Lite Silk (soy milk). Sometimes I put half of a small banana to give it a little more flavor.