Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre Op Diet Started Today

Went to GNC tonight and picked up the following.....

Pure Protein: Frosty chocolate

Lean Body: chocolate Ice Cream

IsoPure: Alpine Punch

Going to chill and try them tomorrow' date=' I hope I love one of them!![/quote']

Hate to tell you, but it didn't earn the nickname "IsoPUKE" for nuthin' ;). I bought a case for when I was on Clear liquids post-op and 7 of them are unopened, sitting on my kitchen counter...

funkee,

don't sugar coat it, how did they taste?? LOL Thanks for the heads up....any insight on the other two?

Honestly, can't tell you about the others - haven't tried 'em!

The Protein powder I use is Syntrax nectar. They have a plethora of favors.... (Jefe, do you know what a plethora is!? - Sorry Three Amigos humor!)

Anywho, you can get Syntrax at The Vitamin Shoppe or order online. Amazon carries it or if you want to try flavors first go to bjsbariatrics.com and you can order a sample pack!

Thanks for the heads up and the willingness to share! Truly appreciated......

Quick Isopure review: If I had to drink it or die.......it wouldnt be the worst thing that could happen to me.......would I choose it......NO

Follow Up: The smell is the worst part.....if you hold your breath and drink....much better

Pure Protein Frosty Choc: Not bad, a little chalky but overall good. Hey, it's not a cheese steak but thats what got me into this mess!!

Why does my pre-op diet s_ _k and everyone elses seems to be more manageable?! 5 HMR shakes a day and Water - that's it...i'm not doing well with this and I'm only on day 3 of 14 - I need help and words of encouragement - I'm a hot miserable mess

So are the premixed Isopure flavored drinks really bad? Please don't tell me that as I plan to purchase them. I don't know how else to get in Protein right after surgery. I was banking on those flavored little darlins to get me through - although I heard they taste like dirty Water.< /p>

I'm on my pre-op diet right now. My surgery is on November 12th. My diet is 2 weeks and consists of a Protein Shake for Breakfast, a Protein shake for lunch, a low fat dinner, and one sugar free snack a day. It's actually not that bad. I have had a head for 3 days now, but they seem to be getting better.

Hey, I started my Pre-op diet today, a day before my 23rd birthday. My surgery is scheduled for November 14th. I did not have to go all liquids, but chose to. Today has not been to bad. I had a Protein Shake for breakfast and one for lunch and will have one for dinner after I get through with all the pre-op tests. I am very excited, but nervous on how I will feel the next couple of days!

I'm on my pre-op diet right now. My surgery is on November 12th. My diet is 2 weeks and consists of a Protein shake for breakfast' date=' a Protein Shake for lunch, a low fat dinner, and one sugar free snack a day. It's actually not that bad. I have had a head for 3 days now, but they seem to be getting better.[/quote']

Why does my pre-op diet s_ _k and everyone elses seems to be more manageable?! 5 HMR shakes a day and Water - that's it...i'm not doing well with this and I'm only on day 3 of 14 - I need help and words of encouragement - I'm a hot miserable mess

Hello. I was on the same pre op diet for 14 days. After day 4 it got easier. What helped me was I would mix 1 tsp of sf pudding in my shakes add ice, Water and blend. The lemon and chocolate were delicious. The vanilla (pudding)was ok, I added strAwberries to it. I did not get hungry. Lost 13 pounds. It will get better. For real.

I started mine today for surgery Nov 12. I only get 3 Protein Shakes and lots of Water. I started walking a little too and lost 2 pounds today and right now it is SO not worth it as I am so hungry. I have found out today though that I'm not missing food or the flavor. I am simply missing the full feeling. Every time I start to get cranky or feel sad, I watch this video on YouTube that says 100 before and after pics and that has been THE BEST help so far!!!! I just keep reminding myself that I am doing this for a reason and it is going to be worth every stomach growl. I am, however, miserable from the headaches. Come on November sleevers!!! We can do this.