Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Annoyed With Questions

I have been very open with the fact I was having the wls but, now every time I see or talk to anyone within the first 5 minutes I get " the question" how much have you lost. It's very annoying just don't see why they can't say hey you look great and leave it.

I’m pre-surgery and already thinking of a nice way to say thank you and I appreciate your support - I KNOW folks are going to ask me and I KNOW it’s going to take everything in my power to NOT ask them an equally personal question - such as - “So when was your last bowel movement - describe for me the shape, color, consistency - smell?"

see i’m a smart ass and it’s really going to take allot to NOT ask that question to them when they ask me HOW MUCH.

xoxo

sit next to me - i say what y’all are thinking and i say it out loud

Oh that one gets followed up with a question about something equally private - that one drives me NUTS and it comes out of peoples mouths so smoothly...

Peoples is peoples. No is buildings. Is tomatoes, huh? Is peoples, is dancing, is music, is potatoes. So, peoples is peoples. Okay?

Pete from Muppets Take Manhattan

I think people like to keep track of changes and may be sharing your progress in a nice way, like checking their cell phone to find the score at an important football game . I am not put off when people ask that but I understand that not everyone is like me.

Peoples is peoples.

I hate saying this - but maybe it’s a man or woman thing - I don’t see many men offended about their age or weight - we as women are conditioned -- just look at tv.

I had that--replied with, "I am not focused on what the scale says, but I feel great. Thanks for asking." People seemed to get the message and quit asking.

I had that--replied with, "I am not focused on what the scale says, but I feel great. Thanks for asking." People seemed to get the message and quit asking.

I love this and will use this for the rest of my life. What a great comment.

I usually just say, I'm not sure or that's private information that I'd rather not share. It's no one's business.

When I'm asked how much I've lost, I just say 'about xxx'. I don't give actual amounts.

I haven't had my WLS yet but will be - these are examples of when I lost ~45 lbs when I took another journey via a fork in the road.

When people ask how much I have lost I just tell them I don't weigh myself between doctor appointments so I don't know.

Yeah, it's very annoying. I really like the "I'm not focusing on the scale" reply. I'll have to try and remember that.

I totally get feeling like a science experiment though. I kinda regret telling one coworker because she watches what/how I eat *very closely*. We recently went to lunch and she was so busy staring at me that she hardly ate her own food. :blink:

I'm already self conscious, trying to make sure I'm not eating too fast, chewing each bite 1,000 times, not taking a sip of Water, etc etc and it's annoying as hell! LOL