Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Have A Weird Question

So we're riding the hurricane out at the in-laws' house and it looks like I'm not going to be able to go to the gym tomorrow or Tuesday. I brought some workout DVDs with me, but I forgot the in-laws don't have a DVD player.

Anyway, sometimes when I'm channel surfing early in the morning I see programming for things like zumba and other workouts. Are these actually workouts on TV or just infomercials for exercise tapes?

Also, any good ideas on how to work out at home? I have no fitness equipment with me at all.

They are DVD's you buy ;) some are really good I have the slim in 6 and live it it's from beach body same makers of p90x "bf has that one lol"

usually they are just infomercials. But you can youtube work outs

Do a circuit plan. You can do this plan with no equipment.

I've done this in the past....

20 body weight squats

10 push-ups

20 crunches

20 mountain climbers

10 burpees

Run 200 yards

Do this whole circuit without rest. After the run, rest 1 minute then repeat. Do it as many times as you can, or just keep going for 30 minutes. It's tougher than it sounds if you don't rest between exercises. You can tweak this any way you want. Add or eliminate any exercises you like.

What is a burpee?

20 body weight squats

10 push-ups

20 crunches

20 mountain climbers

10 burpees

Run 200 yards

Do this whole circuit without rest. After the run, rest 1 minute then repeat. Do it as many times as you can, or just keep going for 30 minutes. It's tougher than it sounds if you don't rest between exercises. You can tweak this any way you want. Add or eliminate any exercises you like.

I'm not going to lie to you, attempting this more than once might kill me. But I will give it a try. I'm way out of shape, so I'm trying to build up my endurance and strength right now.

Good news though, my fiance said he can put my DVDs on the Apple TV so I can still use them. I brought Slim in 6 and a bellydance DVD. So I'll have something to do during the day, lol.

20 body weight squats

10 push-ups

20 crunches

20 mountain climbers

10 burpees

Run 200 yards

Do this whole circuit without rest. After the run' date=' rest 1 minute then repeat. Do it as many times as you can, or just keep going for 30 minutes. It's tougher than it sounds if you don't rest between exercises. You can tweak this any way you want. Add or eliminate any exercises you like.[/quote']

So this is what's known as circuit training.

Now here's my weird question... What are the mountain climbers and the burpee's

Sent from my iPhone.

Beach body products work if you use them. I have Hip Hop Abs and I get a really good workout. The Beach Body shakes, Shakelogy are the best in the world. Taste great, full of Protein but a little costly.

So this is what's known as circuit training.

Now here's my weird question... What are the mountain climbers and the burpee's

Sent from my iPhone.

They are no fun, I can tell you that. The best thing to do would be google them. There are 1000's of online videos of each.

use the internetz!

you can look up anything on youtube. :) You get an A+ in dedication!! Hope you and yours are safe through the storm.