Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not Taking My Vitamins

Im 4 months post op I'm down 66 lbs and feeling fine. I feel guilty because I haven't been taking my Vitamins. The only one I take occasionally is B12, and that's 3-4 times a week. I'm going to get back on track with taking all of my vitamins. Im going to buy different kinds of vitamins, its hard to tolerate the ones i have from Bariatric Advantage. But I'm just wondering if anyone else have a hard time keeping up with their vitamins and does that contribute to Hair loss?

not taking your Vitamins can result in losing your teeth and bone fractures, as well as multiple other issues... get back on them girl! lol

not taking your Vitamins can result in losing your teeth and bone fractures' date=' as well as multiple other issues... get back on them girl! lol[/quote']

Oh wow, I definitely don't want to loose my teeth or break any bones.. That's scary. This is motivation to get back on track..Thanks!

I take "Flinstone Complete" chewable Vitamins. I take B12 once a week. All my labs have been normal and my NUT told me the flinstone complete is all that I would need.

Really? I have like 6 different Vitamins that my surgeon had me order from Bariatric Advantage. But I have to find a way to get all that in easier. Thanks!

I also take Flintstones Complete, twice a day.

From Celebrate (online) I take a sublingual B12 daily, and their Calcium Plus Vit D three times daily.

I take a chewable Iron from Vitamin Shoppe twice weekly.

That's all the vitamins/minerals I take. My 3-month labs were exceptional. I've not missed a single dose in 4 months....and don't plan to risk my health by skipping in the future.

Please....don't risk your health after working so hard to improve it!! Get back on track, and take those vitamins!! :)

How do the Celebrate chewables taste? Thinking of ordering a multi with Iron.< /p>

I love getting a monthly B12 shot. That is one less thing to worry about. I usually get my multi Vitamin with Iron, but need to do better with Calcium (I use Tums). I notice a big difference in how I feel when I don't take them. I'm less energetic and alert.

What type of Vitamins do they have you taking?

I have B12 sublingual, Iron chewable, calcium citrate chewable,Vitamin B-1 Thiamin capsule, Complete multi formula that has B complex and D3 chewable and Dry Vitamin D capsule.

Has anyone taken the Biotin or used the Shampoo and conditioner?

2013 is my year....SD 11/19 Methodist Hosp in NY

I take Vitafusion Multvites Gummy. I love them. I couldn't stomach the chalky chewable ones. I take 4 a day and my labs were all good. You can find them at Walmart or Sam's. I take Biotin, but I forget that one a lot. Not sure if it is helping with Hair loss, but I know it has helped others. I do need to start taking Calcium more regularly though.

I take Vitafusion Multvites Gummy. I love them. I couldn't stomach the chalky chewable ones. I take 4 a day and my labs were all good. You can find them at Walmart or Sam's. I take biotin' date=' but I forget that one a lot. Not sure if it is helping with hair loss, but I know it has helped others. I do need to start taking Calcium more regularly though.[/quote']

How's your weight lost so far?

I take women's one a day multi Vitamin twice a day and my doc has said that is ok. I don't do we'll with chewable meds or liquids...anything that makes me gag, so they said if I can do Te one day twice, I'd be ok.. So far so good.

Has anyone taken the Biotin or used the Shampoo and conditioner?

I started taking Biotin 1000, bout 2 1/2 months out cause I noticed an extra 5-6 strands of hair coming out in my hair brush etc, everything going good now