Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone Else Have A Goal Size?

That is about my story. I started to get chubby around the early grade school years and it just got worse and worse through middle school' date=' through high school, through college, the adult life and so on. I think the sleeve can work for anyone as long as they follow the basic guidelines with regards to food, Water and exercise after the surgery. I hate to say it, but obesity is a disease and not everyone has it. We do. The best we can do is push it into remission and not let it return by working harder to stay at goal size. We all struggle with the cycle of lose and gain because of the disease. it won't stay off. Naturally thin people do not have the same struggle because they do not have the disease. Right now they are saying the obesity can be passed down through the genes and I believe it. Someday the scientists will unlock the gene therapy that will cure people of the gene that leads to obesity before conception. Probably not in our lifetime though.[/quote']

Yes that's such a good explanation! I wish it was more acceptable to other people that obesity is a disease. My pcp actually was the one to tell me I should think about wls and its the only cure for obesity. I actually had to bring up my weight to him and how much I have struggled because overall I was a healthy fat person. I tried a year on my own again before I finally said I want the sleeve. So glad I made the right choice!

My doc s goal for me is 131! I can't imagine that but we will see what happens. I am 5'4. I would like to see a size 12 again!!!!!

I am 5'5' my pulmonary doc wanted me to lose 75# now he says 100. I am 196 now He said 170 originally now 150. I have gone from sz 18/20 to 12/14. 10 would be fine with me

So I have a question that is up for discussion. If the sleeve is supposed to help us get to the weight our bodies are supposed to be' date=' how does it know for people like me that have been overweight since childhood? I was a normal weight baby. I think I was overweight starting in second grade. I see a lot of people that post on here they would love to be their high school or pre-baby weight. Well I weighed 200 lbs and haven't had any babies yet. I'm just curious.[/quote']

ME!!ME!!ME!!ME!! lol

I was chubby by kindergarten. Not full on fatty or anything, but definitely had a tummy. (I remember being a size 8 childs) I chose my goal weight based on a method I learned in nursing school. Although, I'm definitely open to reinterpretation once I get lower. The last time I was 135, I was in 6th grade, 5'3" & no Girly developments. Haha I'm now 5'7" & an adult, obviously, so who knows. As for size, I just remember being a 12 in jr high--& my mental blocks want me to be below that. :)

weight.png 347*294/285/135 (*347HW/294SSW) | @Mwrarr | mwrarr.wordpress.com

I am afraid to pick one! I just want to get as healthy as possible!

Same here!!

I was 12 when I had to go to Layne Bryant for the first time...

single digit size bottom, M or L top. NO Xl, XXL, 1X... no X's ever agan. 6/5 shoe, not 7. Boots that are not wide calf. 36 or smaller bust size. My cup size is a G right now, hoping the girls shrink some.

...basically' date=' I want to shop on the main floor of a department store...not relegated to the basement, in back of housewares...[/quote']

Yes!

Well... I am apparently the shorty of the bunch. I am only 5'0" my start weight was 228 and my current weight is 121. My goal weight is 110. At my start weight I wore an 18/20 and right now I wear a 3/4. I want to wear a size 2. :)

My height is 6'0. Years ago was 200 pounds size 12, dream to be a 10-8 and ,medium. By the way i have 250 pounds somewhere between 18-16.

I am a size 16 jean now. I am also a shortie at 5'2". I would LOVE to wear a size 6 jean. I can't even fathom anything smaller than that (but would love it)! I carry most of my weight in my legs, so hopefully I'f be in a small top. I am getting sleeved 1/18/13.