Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone Else Have A Goal Size?

Vanity sizing is crazy. In the mid 1980s I got into a size 9/10 weighing about 140-145. My goal this time is 160 so I was thinking a size 12.

Well, I weigh 189 and am wearing size 14 pants (non stretch jeans and slacks) and skirts. I even fit into a pair of size 12s that must have run even bigger. On the top, I am probably more of a 14/16 as I carry alot of weight around the midsection and back.

I want to lose another 30 or so pounds so I am now thinking that is going to put me back in the 10 range!

Women's clothing sizes mean nothing though, when I read sizing charts they are not even consistentent between different brands.

I hope to get down to a 10, but an 8 would be awesome!

As a guy, I would like to wear size 32 pants and medium/large shirts. I am 5'11".

Yeah sizes are crazy! I'm really hippy so I always have the gap in the waist. I can fit a 14 dress but barely zip up a 18 pencil skirt.

And let's talk about frame sizes. According to my wrist size I have a small frame. I find that hard to accept and laughable. I guess I've just always carried a lotta weight on this small frame. I weighed 90 lbs in 2nd grade!

And speaking of shopping, I am soooo happy I can shop on the regular side. My top has always been smaller so I was already in a regular XL. I can wear L now. I have turned into a little online shopping addict. Help me!

All you tall people..geez! I'm 5'1 and even at my lightest weight (116 in the 9th grade) I still had larger, muscular thighs and wore a size 10. I wear a size 20 at 217...hope to get down to at least a 12...I can't see myself any smaller than that long ago size 10, I'd have to be a skeleton I think.

Hmmm...good question. Th smallest size I wore was as a college student,and that was a 14. I was pretty active, and had a perfectly flat stomach due to thousands and thousands of sit-ups and crunches in physical therapy. That was when I was 18-21. I am currently 52 and at the start of this journey, I was wearing a 24 (22 in some skirts).

It is four months later, and I have lost 53lbs, and currently wearing a size 18. I bought a pair of skinny jeans in Old Navy 3 weeks ago (in the regular sizes!) and they are a little saggy in back!

My goal is 140lbs. I'm not sure what size I will be wearing then, as I have been fat since I was married 29 years ago. I'm still shocked over being in skinny jeans off the rack! If I make it to single digit sizes...just wow.

All you tall people..geez! I'm 5'1 and even at my lightest weight (116 in the 9th grade) I still had larger' date=' muscular thighs and wore a size 10. I wear a size 20 at 217...hope to get down to at least a 12...I can't see myself any smaller than that long ago size 10, I'd have to be a skeleton I think.[/quote']

LOL... I'm 4 ft 8 in and while reading through this was thinking the same thing. I have no goal size. It would be awesome to wear a 6...

My goal is a size 4-8 I don't want double digit clothing anymore lol. I currectly wear a 18 at 240. I will probably have to get down to 130ish to fit in a size 4. I'm probably more excited about being able to ditch Lane Bryant clothing in a couple of weeks :)

...basically, I want to shop on the main floor of a department store...not relegated to the basement, in back of housewares...

I'm only 5' so my goal size would be about a 2. Seems I reachable to me right now (pre-sleeve) but for my height, my weight should be around 105 - 115! Such a long way to go..........!!!!!

I would like to get close to a size 10. I started at 241 and a size 22 and Im now at 190 and a size 16. My surgeons goal weight for me is 175 and my personal goal is 150. Im 5'7" so I don't know how Ill look when I hit 150.

I started at 141 and am 190 and my goal is a size 10 also I'm in a 18 now but I am 5ft so it's ginna take a while to get there surgeons goal for me is 120

Or 180 lbs :)

Size 6. Big honestly an 8 would be fab too

I'm 5'9" and 219 right now. Size 14 /lg

I want to be out of double digits. At 145 I was a size 4. 15 years ago. Goal is 155-160