Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One Year, 118.5Lbs (Pics). Advice For Year Two?

Hello Sleevers!

I wanted to share my one year photos and a bit on how I doing. I was sleeved October 19th of last year. My pre surgery diet took me from 319 to 308lbs for my surgery. I am now 200.5lbs. I am eating around 1200 calories a day with a Protein goal of 100 grams and under 80g of carbs.

I am quite active now and walk between 2 and 5km a day as well I play squash three times a week. Now that winter is here, I will get back to doing weight training and will be snowshoeing too!

It has definitely been a tough year learning how to manage my life without using food as a crutch. I have recieved help from a therapist and am usually have a book on the go about life after weight loss. My family and friends have been very supportive throughout this process.

So any advice for me as I head into year two? The sagging skin is definitely an issue. If anyone has had surgery, can you let me know at what point you had it?

My goal weight right now is 170lbs, so just 30lbs to go!

post-16748-13813660621449_thumb.jpg

post-16748-13813660621621_thumb.jpg

post-16748-13813660621796_thumb.jpg

post-16748-1381366062193_thumb.jpg

I haven't had surgery yet but you look great! Congratulations on this journey! One year. WOOHOO! are most days good? or bad? would you do it again if this was before your surgery? Just wanted to wish you all the best and thank you for posting!

Way to go!!!!!! You look great. I hope I'm as successful as you have been. I get sleeved on November 26th.

I haven't had surgery yet but you look great! Congratulations on this journey! One year. WOOHOO! are most days good? or bad? would you do it again if this was before your surgery? Just wanted to wish you all the best and thank you for posting!

Hi! Most days are definitely good. But I get into a funks from time to time. This has been the best decision I have ever made regarding my health! I have energy and feel amazing!

Awesome job!! You look great, and you can tell you feel great too.

That's really good to know! One day at a time, right. Eat to live. NOT LIVE TO EAT like I do now. I just pray I pick the right surgeon. Will stay in touch. God Bless!

Even your hair is thick and shinny!! Gorgeous!!

From what I've read on people's posts who are a year or more out is mostly if they haven't lost all their expected weight loss that it's harder after a year to lose. That the weight loss slows down significantly. But you are an active person with what sounds like lots of motivation, so I think you'll be just fine and lose your weight!! :-)

Wow you have done a wonderful job in one year! I am almost three years post op. The only advice I can give is to keep with your regimen.... I have been stalled (with my weight) for a year and a half. However with exercise, I've gone down one size. I feel that it is very easy to "fall off the wagon", and that is why I haven't lost more weight. I have a small stomach and don't seem to use it in the right way by eating better foods. I only recently got the mindset to get my butt in proper gear!

I'm interested in learning from you how you decided that you need 1200 cal, 100 Protein, and 80 carbs? I would like to try that and see if it works, but I'm wondering how you came up with those numbers?

U go girl! U look amazing! Can't wait to see ur final results :-) congrats

Kara, all I can say is WoW, you look great. But then again I always have been partial to redheads ;). I wish I could help you more on the skin surgery thing, but what I do know is that you still have about a year left that your skin will be activly shrinking. That might give it a chance for the skin to catch up a bit. Keep up the good work.

Wow you have done a wonderful job in one year! I am almost three years post op. The only advice I can give is to keep with your regimen.... I have been stalled (with my weight) for a year and a half. However with exercise, I've gone down one size. I feel that it is very easy to "fall off the wagon", and that is why I haven't lost more weight. I have a small stomach and don't seem to use it in the right way by eating better foods. I only recently got the mindset to get my butt in proper gear!

I'm interested in learning from you how you decided that you need 1200 cal, 100 Protein, and 80 carbs? I would like to try that and see if it works, but I'm wondering how you came up with those numbers?

Hey there,

Those numbers were a guide given to me from my surgeon and nutritionist. The clinic I had my surgery at has great follow up care. My surgeon phones me once every three months to check in.

Good luck getting back on the wagon!

You look great! I have similiar experience - overall pleased as punch, loving life 100+ pounds lighter but i do have the occasional "down" day. This is a lot of change

WOW!!! great job!! As soon as I have my baby, I will definitely have a Tummy Tuck and breast lift/augmentation. I will deal with my wings and thighs later. I can already see that I am going to have a lot of loose skin, and I am not carrying that around. No way!! I can NOT wait :)

Wow... congratulations!!!! You've done an awesome job!