Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Question For Ex-Banders Who Are Already Post Sleeve. Need Your Pov! Since You've Experienced Both What Are Your Thoughts And Experiences?

CONGRATS!!!! You know what I felt hunger too but I noticed it was mostly when I was in the kitchen. I tried to stay away as much as I could and it worked a little. Don't worry it gets easier. I am at mushy about to go on soft foods and mushy is ALOT easier than liquids. How do you feel? I hope everything went well with your surgery :)

Buttrfli - Congrats on your revision.

Believe me, I am almost 12 weeks out and it get easier and easier. I felt a little hungry in the beginning also, but once you start eating more substaintial foods that too shall ease up.

Welcome to the revisionisa club!

oh i am so jelous. my band is at 2 cc and I am hungry but already having trouble tolerating Proteins and if i go tighter it will backfire.

Thanks PJ!! I am hopeful but I'm still in that worried phase where I don't want to fail again.

Hi! I had the lap band for 7 yrs. got it removed because sledded, I was always trowing up. I only lost 50 pounds the first year after that I started to gain all the weight back. Know I weight 236 pounds. Im in the 6 month diet tomorrow would be my 3 rd month. Hoping my insurance gets me approved for the sleeve.

Good luck lizy I hope you get approved

how goes it with everyone?

Hi all... Today is the start of my band to sleeve process... I'm hoping for the best. Maybe by summer I will be "sleeved".

Hey yall, names B. I had the band for almost 4 years and it was the worst 4 years ever. I couldnt eat any fruit at all and I love fruit. Any kind of meat that was tough or dry a no go not unless you were ready to throw up afterwards. It was never a normal thing to eat because you didnt know how your band was going to react, so I avoided eating out. I had my band removed and done in the same surgery couldnt see being opened up again. The sleeve has by far been the best thing for me and I love it. I had a lot of scar tissue around my band which caused a herniated esophagus which is still healing. I was sleeved on Nov 26th and today is Dec 20th and I have lost a total of 16 pounds. I am supposed to be on liquids for a whole month because of the esophagus but I eat salad but chewed very well and grapes. Anything else is a no go. I am supposed to start pureed food in a week but I dont think Im going to be able to do it, I tried tuna once and instant throw up it does not sit well with me. I have tried milk and same thing with throwing up just cant do it. I drink a lot of Water, and more water and then some more water and I eat ice its soothing I guess because of the hernia. I wish I would have done this in the beginning I had more gas pain with the band then I did with this surgery after the band I was super tired and soar, after this surgery they took me back to the room I would say in about two hours I was up walking probably could have jogged a little bit if I really wanted to...lol...I hope this helps. I am supper excited about the next couple of months. I will start working out next week because I have lost the weight so quickly my body looks fine but my legs really need some work. Wish all you guys well on your journey!!

I hate my band because I only have 2 cc and I dint get what satiety is. I am hungry and eat then meats get stuck and i puke or slime. My friend who got

Sleeved us not hungry. I like that feeling if not being hungry. Next year fir me!!!

Thanks PJ!! I am hopeful but I'm still in that worried phase where I don't want to fail again.

How are you doing now? Give us an update.

I was banded in 2003 and had the band for 4 years when I lost it to erosion. I lost 140 lbs. with my band the first year. I lost an additional 30 lbs. the second year but still needed to lose another 80 lbs. instead I started gettin reflux real bad and after adjustments to the band I gained back 70 lbs. by time I lost it. I had self paid and didn't have the money for the sleeve And insurance didn't cover it so it took me 5 years to get the sleeve. My insurance finally got on board and covered it. I am 6 weeks out now (sleeve surgery was Nov. 6th) and I have lost 49 lbs. already and I can eat where I couldn't with the band.

Congrats on your surgery and everyone else in here that had a revision.

How are you doing now? Give us an update.

I was banded in 2003 and had the band for 4 years when I lost it to erosion. I lost 140 lbs. with my band the first year. I lost an additional 30 lbs. the second year but still needed to lose another 80 lbs. instead I started gettin reflux real bad and after adjustments to the band I gained back 70 lbs. by time I lost it. I had self paid and didn't have the money for the sleeve And insurance didn't cover it so it took me 5 years to get the sleeve. My insurance finally got on board and covered it. I am 6 weeks out now (sleeve surgery was Nov. 6th) and I have lost 49 lbs. already and I can eat where I couldn't with the band.

Congrats on your surgery and everyone else in here that had a revision.

I am doing well. Wednesday was my 3 week mark. My clothes are already feeling better :) I went to my first support group meeting last night and am still learning how I feel and how this process works for me.

Congrats on your loss so far!!from my pre-op start on 10-16 I am down 25 pounds so far. I hit a little stall when I was moving in to week 3 but the NUT and Bariatric Coordinator says that's natural bc your body is adjusting.

Thanks for checking in!

Having the revision from band to sleeve was a great decision for me. I was tired of having fills then unfills, throwing up, discomfort at the port area, etc, etc...I lost 80 lbs the first year and a half which of course I gained back. Oh well...I now have the right tool to help me with my weight loss. I love my sleeve! Good luck on your journey! :rolleyes:

Hello All,

I'm in a similiar situation to the originator of this discussion. I had a band for 2 years, had it removed due to slippage, proceeded to gain back 50 pounds in one year - and am scheduled to have the sleeve surgery on Jan. 30,2013.

I haven't told my family yet because they had to live through me throwing up all of the time.

How did your families react, and how did you prepare them to support you again. I know it is ultimately my decision - but just looking to see if anyone else had a similar issue.

Also, i'm terrified of any negative issues - were there any negatives you experienced with the sleeve that you did not experience with the band?

I sure do appreciate your responses... i'm kinda scared so it is nice to hear from others that had similar experiences.