Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrimp! Who Would Have Thought!

mmmmm ceviche.. I would

love the recipe too!!!

Love me some shrimp on the skewer with cajun spice. So fast, just a few minutes on the indoor or outdoor grill!

I was sleeved 8/21. Couldn't eat shrimp until last week. Those who are watching their fat intake shouldn't do this, but I LOVED IT: At whole foods I bought a roll of scampi butter. I added half the roll to one bag of defrosted & cleaned raw costco shrimp. You can cook it in the microwave, stove or BBQ. We use IronLodge skillets for the BBQ so we don't heat up the house w cooking. Just cook till shrimp is pink. This fed my husband for one meal and i had leftovers all week. The butter kept the shrimp from getting too rubbery.

Why did my NUT say I can't have shellfish for 6 months?!? :(

I love ceviche any way, but I love mine the best!

Still waiting for your ceviche recipe!

Trader Joe's has a box of Jumbo Colossal Shrimp in their frozen food section. These are awesome! They taste like lobster! We had them tonight so I can't tell you the calories and Protein cuz my husband already took the trash out but they are soo good. There were 19 in this box for 16 oz. cook for 13 minutes until shell is red. They are open like scampi would look but laying in their shell. I eat 4 or 5 at the most. They are good size. Dip in a little melted butter. LOVE! So if oh are by yourself, you could get four meals out of one box.

I'm surprised that you all can eat shrimp! It seems soooooooo fibrous? It doesn't get stuck? I have a friend who had surgery months ago and still can't eat it.

I was allowed shrimp at 12 weeks when I was put on regular foods. Never had any problems at all with it.

I was allowed shrimp at 12 weeks when I was put on regar foods. Never had any problems at all with it.

That makes sense. I'm only four weeks out.

Love shrimp! I think I will be making some tomorrow!

I'm surprised that you all can eat shrimp! It seems soooooooo fibrous? It doesn't get stuck? I have a friend who had surgery months ago and still can't eat it.

At first I couldn't eat it, but now at almost 4 months out I can. Just need to remember to chew, chew, chew and enjoy. :-)

At first I couldn't eat it, but now at almost 4 months out I can. Just need to remember to chew, chew, chew and enjoy. :-)

Chewing is a big deal with this sleeve thingy. Long chewing makes for better tolerance for the food you eat and also makes for more time between bites and gives your little bananer belly a chance to deal with the previous bite.

We must change from anacondas into cows. -_-

MoOOOoooOoo

Ya, I bragged to my wife about my cow analogy and she reminded me about the 4 stomachs and all the regurgitation they do. Not one of my more brilliant literary moments it seems

My wife is the queen of headshrinkers.

Ya' date=' I bragged to my wife about my cow analogy and she reminded me about the 4 stomachs and all the regurgitation they do. Not one of my more brilliant literary moments it seems

My wife is the queen of headshrinkers.[/quote']

Spouses...they're hell, but ya gotta love them :P I was impressed with you until the second post.

I can't eat frozen fish anything (too many years in alaska...I'm a fish snob!) but we get fresh here pretty much year round. One of my favorite dinners is jumbo prawns (spot are delicious if you can get them) peeled and wrapped with a small piece of proschitto. Grill or cook in a salamander until just done (the proschitto will be cooked but still soft) and enjoy with a ripe cantaloupe or honey dew melon. You want to have maybe 3 of these with less than a 1/4 cup of diced melon. It's a full meal and the flavor combination of sweet, salty and savory is beyond compare! The melon must be ripe and sweet or it's a waste of a melon.

Another great Protein is salmon. I prefer white king :P but that's hard to find. I only eat fresh salmon so I don't recommend frozen, even flash frozen because it can get tougher. We like to grill ours and then make a garlic, lemon, butter and caper sauce. Salmon is one of the top ten foods with Protein per gram so you get TONS of protein from a small amount. The trick with salmon (or any fish really) is to NOT cook it until it's flaky throughout (which is far overcooked). It should be a soft pink inside and marked from the grill outside. Any fish is much easier on your tummy if it's cooked properly, including salmon.

Look for king salmon if you can get it. Russian River king is the most available in the lower 48 with a high, healthy! fat content. If you ever are in alaska look for Kuskokwim King, which are the cream of the crop for salmon. The river is very cold and strong so the fish have to develop a lot of fat to survive (much like Russian River but even better). You probably would never see that here (I never have) but gad it's like eating ummmm what's the precious stone equivalent...ummmm Diamonds LOL....wait that does not sound good. It's like eating butter :)

Fish fat is very healthy and not at all something to avoid. You don't "see" it, you only taste it in the buttery feel of a fish cooked properly. It's what separates trout from King Salmon on the food chain (the human one heh heh).

I'm waxing poetic about fish! Gad I must need Breakfast.