Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Your Favorite Protein Supplements, Please

Spiru-tein is good and one of the lower one in carbs and sugars...be careful with Protein powders...they are mainly made for body builders and are high in carbs! :)

I like SlimScript. They tast almost like a 'real' shake and are high in Protein and low in sugar and carbs. I order mine online and I have them set up to autoship 1x a month. This is the info on the chocolate ones. To me, there is no comparison in flavor and nutrition to anything else I have found.

Nutrition Facts

Serving Size (31g)

Amount Per Serving Calories 120

Calories from Fat 25

% Daily Value*

Total Fat 2.5g

4%

Saturated Fat 1.5g

7%

Cholesterol 35mg

12%

Total Carbohydrate 6g

2%

Dietary Fiber 3g

11%

Soluble Fiber 1g

Insoluble Fiber 1g

Sugars 2g

Protein 20g

Vitamin A 50% Vitamin C 50% Calcium 50% Iron 0% Vitamin D 50% VItamine E 50% Vitamin K 50% Thiamin 50% Riboflavin 50% Niacin 50% Vitamin B-6 50% Folate 50% Vitamin B-12 50% Biotin 50% Pantothenic Acid 50% Phosphorus 50% Iodine 50% Magnesium 50% Selenium 50% Copper 50% Manganese 50% Chromium 50% Molybdenum 50% Chloride 1% * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs Calories 2,000 2,500 Total Fat Less Than 65g 80g Sat Fat Less Than 20g 25g Cholesterol Less Than 300mg 300mg Sodium Less Than 2400mg 2400mg Total Carbohydrate Less Than 300g 375g Dietary Fiber Less Than 25g 30g Calories per gram:

Fat 9 Carbohydrate 4 Protein 4

Ingredients:

whey Protein Concentrate, Identiry Preserved Soy Protein Isolate, Whole Milk powder, Cocoa Powder, Maltodextrin, Natural & Artificial Flavor, Vitamin Mineral Blend (Magnesium Oxide, Vitamin E Acetate, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Sodium Selenate, Biotin, Niacinamide, Zinc Oxide, Potassium Iodide, Vitamin A Palmitate, d-Calcium Pantohydrate, Phytonadione (Vitamin K), Cyanocobalamin (Vitamin B-12), Manganese Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Sodium Molybdate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride(Vitamin B6), Chromium Chloride, Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Thiamine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B1), Folic Acid, Cholecalciferol, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Chloride, Sucralose, Oat Fiber HF600, Apple Fiber, Orange Fiber.

Myoplex LITE Nutrition Shake:

25g Protein

2.5g fat

18g carbs (dietary fiber 3g & sugars 1g)

190 calorie premix drink or 180 calorie mix packet.

I have been drinking the Dutch chocolate premix since the surgery and haven't tired of it yet. The makers, EAS, also have a box of mix packets called chocolate Lovers that have the following variety of flavors: Dutch Chocolate, Mint Chocolate and Chocolate Peanut Butter.

I've tried the Boost Hi-Protein but that only has 15 grams of Protein and 230 calories. It tastes good but not enough protein.

I have seen Myoplex LITE at GNC and even our local Kroger grocery store.

I drink CarbWatchers Lean Body high Protein MRP shake dutch chocolate ice cream flavor from Labrada. It has 42g of protein and tastes good. Whan I usually do is mix half a package with 8oz skim milk for Breakfast and the other half for dinner and have regular food for lunch. That way I make sure I at least get my full 60g of protein/day. Doing this combined with 64oz of Water pretty much keeps me full all day and away from snacking. You can puchase the shakes at labrada.com.

Yes, I think it is. I find meats hard to eat so the Protein shakes/drinks make it easier to get all the needed protein. Plus, they are a very lean source of protein and they taste good too.

It seems as though many people stay on Protein drinks even after the liquid phase. Is this a common practice?

Hi yes, its critical to get your protein..you need it for cell regrowth, healing from surgery, and most of all...warding off hair loss!!!!

Your body can only absorb 20 grams at a time, the rest you pee out...so only have 20grams at a time...twice or three times daily is perfect.

It seems as though many people stay on Protein drinks even after the liquid phase. Is this a common practice?

I don't think it's as common as you think, BUT remember that everyone's different. Everyone has different abilities to tolerate solid Protein. The important thing is that you are GETTING the recommended amount of protein per day. Whether that's by supplements or through solid food depends on you.

Personally, I do my best to get it through solid food. Since I have no difficulties with chicken, beef, turkey or fish........I do my absolute best. When I think I'm failing, I go back to keeping track of what I eat. You can guestimate all you want, but when you actually write it down and calculate it out, the proof is before your eyes.

In my own experience, when I do Protein shakes I have higher caloric intake for the day and I'm not as satisfied because that liquid just moves right on through the pouch. If I do Protein Bars, that's a little better but that gets kind of tiresome. food, much better source of protein.

My surgeon told me I'd be drinking my Protein, at least in the mornings, until I reach my goal weight. I find my stomach does not tolerate solids at all in the mornings. It's a quick 20 grams of protein, whether via a shake or half a bottle of diluted Isopure. One less thing to deal with when trying to get ready for work.

My surgeon told me I'd be drinking my Protein, at least in the mornings, until I reach my goal weight. I find my stomach does not tolerate solids at all in the mornings. It's a quick 20 grams of Protein, whether via a shake or half a bottle of diluted Isopure. One less thing to deal with when trying to get ready for work.

No joke! When I get up in the morning the last thing I am thinking about is fixing something to eat. The shakes work out just fine.

I like this one too. You can get it made in the store or buy the powder and make it at home.

Low carb smoothies

Manufactured by smoothie King

Nutrition FactsServing Size 20 oz (560.0 g)

Amount Per Serving

Calories 225

Calories from Fat 54

% Daily Value*

Total Fat 6.0g

9%

Saturated Fat 3.0g

15%

Cholesterol 2mg

1%

Sodium 207mg

9%

Total Carbohydrates 6.0g

2%

Dietary Fiber 2.0g

8%

Protein 35.0g

I try to keep it change up to keep from being bored by the same ol flavor. This one comes in vanilla, strawberry and strawberry banana. No aftertaste, not too sweet. If you make it with milk the values change. This is with ice.