Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Sleevesters?

Thank you sweety...I only have preop diet for 1week...I can't wait to have surgery next week...I'm so excited....congrats on your successful surgery and goodluck on your journey :))

Thanks so much!

I'm q November sleever!!! Just had my sleeve done today 11/21 woohoo!!!!! Mild gas pains. No other pains as of yet. Woke up with chest pains. Just breathed thru it. Feeling better. Dozing off wknd day.

I'm q November sleever!!! Just had my sleeve done today 11/21 woohoo!!!!! Mild gas pains. No other pains as of yet. Woke up with chest pains. Just breathed thru it. Feeling better. Dozing off wknd day.

Congratulations and welcome to the losers bench! I was sleeved on Monday and it's getting better everyday! I went shopping at Walmart today! I do have some gas pains too, so I'm trying to walk it all off! Sorry to hear about the chest pains but I'm glad everything worked out fine! I hope you have a very smooth recovery!

I had revision surgery Monday the 19th and am still in the hospital. Some nausea and fever so the doctor doesn't feel comfortable sending me home just yet. I'm not tolerating the Protein Drinks only Water and Crystal light. I am feeling better as I type this and am praying that I can go home tomorrow. Peace and blessings...

I was sleeved 2 weeks ago today. I am down 13 lb since surgery but 23 since pre op diet. Today I get to have pureed food. What timing for mashed potato and pumpkin pie. I can hardly wait!

I had my revision surgery on 11-14-2012 after surgery they told me the band removal went fine and they were able to repair a hiatal hernia , that was a surprise to them ( and me ) and sleeve me in one procedure. I was SO relieved to have had it done in once procedure. The day after surgery I started throwing up Water and unable to keep it down . After a couple more tried they ordered an EGD for me . They told me if the scope went through easily then and showed no obstructions I should be fine and not need another surgery , but if it did not I could have excess scar tissue from the band and I could need another surgery . WHAT !! Yikes . So they did it and it showed no obstruction some swelling around the band area ( where the band was ) they told me to take liquids slow . For several days I was still throwing up just water, in fact it freaked me out because it looked like I was throwing up some blood as well. Finally around day 3 or so the water was staying down . So finally I was able to go home today . NOT an easy process that's for sure , but I am glad its over. The doc told me to progress my liquids slowly , as long as I was keeping liquids down I was fine , the minute i started if i did throwing up liquids I needed to come back . But to just take it slow . So here goes ! Cross your fingers everything stays down now .

I had revision surgery Monday the 19th and am still in the hospital. Some nausea and fever so the doctor doesn't feel comfortable sending me home just yet. I'm not tolerating the Protein drinks only Water and Crystal light. I am feeling better as I type this and am praying that I can go home tomorrow. Peace and blessings...

I just posted my post op "report" i was in the hospital for 5 days post op due to not being able to keep anything down , since I have been home for less than 3 days I have thrown up twice, Both times i figure out had dairy in it , so I guess I cant tolerate that , one being a Protein Shake . take it slow you will get out .. i know it seems like forever.

I'm home spent one day in hospital, I prayed to be home for the holiday and God made it happen. I was sleeved 11/19, the gas is driving me up the wall. Liquids are staying down, looking forward to purée foods next week. Happy Thanksgiving guys.

2013 is my year....SD 11/19 Methodist Hosp in NY

I'm home spent one day in hospital, I prayed to be home for the holiday and God made it happen. I was sleeved 11/19, the gas is driving me up the wall. Liquids are staying down, looking forward to purée foods next week. Happy Thanksgiving guys.

Walk walk walk to get the gas out its the only thing that helps .

I will thanks

Walk walk walk to get the gas out its the only thing that helps .

I couldn't agree more . I forced myself to walk, even when I didn't want to, It really got all the gas / air out

Hi All:

I have been busy keeping busy watching all the new posts and wishing everyone well from here in CA. I wanted to write a follow-up to life after the sleeve procedure almost three weeks out this Thursday. First of all I wake up every morning and tell myself this is a JOURNEY' date=' not a RACE! With immediate success with weight loss during the pre-op phase and even rigth after surgery, you get this feeling like "Wow, At this rate, I should be down 100 pounds in no time." Reality check, you didn't gain the weight in two months so it isn't going to come off that fast. For those that are feeling a little let down because the weight loss is slower than you expected, please, please do not get discouraged. I know that I started at 240 On Oct 1st and don't know what I weighed on surgery day. As of today I am 214. While on the surface you might say that is fantastic, let me tell you the whole story behind this weigh loss. After surgery I am assuming I immediately lost weight. How could one not... you aren't eating or drinking anything. I think we are sort of like spounges that after preop and the one week post op, we are all rung out. There is literally nothing left in you. Then you start to feel better and you get rehydrated. Guess what, rehydration will start to actually make you gain weight. Now the former fat girl in me starts to panic at this point. I say to myself, "you just paid an ungodly amount for this surgery and you are gaining weight?!" Again,we revert back to what most of us know and are familar with and that is yo-yo dieting and the initial rush of weight loss followed by a serious let down of regaining the weight. Got a news flash for you.... you are not gaining weight and you are not reverting back to your old ways. It is almost impossible for you to gain weight back with 7/8 of you stomach being gone. Anyway.. back to my story. So I start to rehydrate and gravitate around the 216-217 mark on the scale. At week two I start back on soft foods (actually truth be knowns, I started back on a lot of things that were not on my doctors short list.) For me, I am really looking at this as a life long change and I am taking my time along the way to get to know the new me and the new stomach. Tast buds to change and things that I loved before don't work for me know. This is not to say I am eating like a crazy woman (again, you won't be able to because trust me, we you get beyond three ounces of anything you literally start feeling like you are having a heart attack with chest pains, cold sweat, dizziness. I think this is normal. For me the best advice is if this happens to you, stand up and criss cross your arms over you head. It passes but it shares the daylights out of you.) So back to my diet, The good things I have been eating are fish, greek yogurt, meatballs with a small amount of sauce, ground beef, chicken chewed really really well, eggs, oatmeal, Soups, potatoes, cheese. What I have experimented with (and when I say experiments I mean like one bite.. doughnut, ice cream, cookie and three tortilla chips with salsa. These were favorites from my past. While us sleevers don't experience dumping, at least for me the sweets don't sit well with me and have actually lost a lot of there appeal. My sampling of foods for me was a good exercise to see what works and what doesn't. I think I have a realsitic view of what I can eat and how much. I have really had to educate my immediate family on not being the food police with me. A simple explanation of "I know my body or at least an learning new things every day about it... I appreciate your love and support but I also need you to trust me. If I have a bite of something that does not look like "diet foos" please don't freak out and judge. I can only eat 3 oz at a time and I know that eating my Proteins first is what works for me. I am human and my head is still going to send me triggers that I want something so let me try and learn along the way. I am no longer a fat person that is going to go through life on a yo-yo diet. The surgery I have done is permanent and restricts my intake so while there are food choices that I can make, I cannot undo the procedure or sabotage the journey to being health and happy as I did in the past. This weigh loss is going to happen." After a week of going up a couple of pounds and then holding at the same weight I am starting to lose again (not five pounds a day but a steady progress.) Kepp the faith for those of you who are entering week two or three, you probably will experience a stall. It is normal. You did not make a mistake in your decision nor are you the one rare exception in the bunch that got sleeved and won't lose the weight. Remember... it is a JOURNEY not a RACE. A year from now, we will all go back through the posts and say "Remember when I was complaining about the pre-op diet, freaked out about my surgery day, in pain the first day or so, nervous about starting food, mad at the weight stall, excited about the change in sizes and the comments that friends and family are making. We are all going to get there and in our own time. Sending my love and support to my fellow November sleevers. Happy Thanksgiving to all of you! - Marshawn[/quote']

Thank you for posting this. It's always good to know what others are going through and that it's some of the same things I am going through. I am 11 days out and to be honest, I am still in the stage of wishing I hadn't done this. I keep waiting for that to pass and I think it will when I cab go back to my low carb lifestyle.

Did anyone's doc tell them how long it takes for their incision and staples to scar over on their new pouch?

Trip report :)

Am home resting.. I can get out of bed without looking too much like a turtle that has been flipped.

Still quiet a bit of pain and Nausea. Got my blood thinner shot in but scared to try and take the omeprizol.

Want to remind everyone in the hospital that you are your best (only) advocate... If someone says they will be back to do something don't assume they are going to. Wait 2 minutes and ten page someone else to do it. I sat for waaaay too long at times waiting for help that was supposed to come and didn't.

Good luck sleevers :7

Did anyone's doc tell them how long it takes for their incision and staples to scar over on their new pouch?

My surgeon told me that the staple line (new stomach) is about 80-90% healed over at this point (11days post op) I still have steri strips on my incisions and he said to let them fall off naturally. They are so itchy though - I can't stand it