Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Sleevesters?

You make me feel a lot more positive about my recovery. Thank you

That makes me nervous about the yogurt. they brought it to me when I was still in the hospital. and I've eaten some since I been home, not Greek. just plain, lite. I don't wanna pop a staple

You will do great! The goal is to stay positive! Remember why you are making this choice! I am four days post op and I do not regret this! We are all here for the same reason.. A new and healthier us. This is our time to shine. Keep your goals in sight and know that it does get better!! I promise! I wish you a speedy recovery, I will see you on the other side and welcome you to the loser's bench! Best of luck, super excited for you!!!!! If you need a buddy to chat with after your surgery, add me and we can chat!

I'm still preop.... surgery is November 30th. I'm in Columbus ' date=' OH[/quote']

Oh ok...well good luck for then.....I have mine TOMORROW!!!!! Getting quite nervy now,

Surgery less than 48 hours away now! Trying to focus on just drinking liquids - I want to clean out my system and stay hydrated for surgery. I have to be at hosptial at 5:45am. I'm wondering how it will all go for me and what those first couple of post op days will be like. Anything special I should be bringing to the hospital?

Surgery less than 48 hours away now! Trying to focus on just drinking liquids - I want to clean out my system and stay hydrated for surgery. I have to be at hosptial at 5:45am. I'm wondering how it will all go for me and what those first couple of post op days will be like. Anything special I should be bringing to the hospital?

Me too! I have to be there at 9 for a 1pm surgery. Everyone keeps asking me if I'm nervous or scared but right now I'm just excited. Wonder if the nerves will kick in tomorrow....

[i think I'll be a bit nervous more tomorow. I plan to clean and grocery shop for my family - that will keep me busy. Having a clean house to come home to will make me smile :) What are you taking with you?

That makes me nervous about the yogurt. they brought it to me when I was still in the hospital. and I've eaten some since I been home, not Greek. just plain, lite. I don't wanna pop a staple

well honestly every surgeon and hospital and program is different. i dont see the difference between yogurt and Jello. because they disolve in your mouth right....lol i wouldnt worry especially if the orders came directly from the hospital and your surgeon. i would kill to be able to eat yogurt right now :) gotta stay strong but it is hard.. lol im so stuffed from Water and i am happy about it

[i think I'll be a bit nervous more tomorow. I plan to clean and grocery shop for my family - that will keep me busy. Having a clean house to come home to will make me smile :) What are you taking with you?

I'm taking my cell phone and laptop, toiletries, pajamas and a couple books. I'm sure there's something I'm missing...lol

What about you?

Ok that didn't look right but you get the idea lol

I am the same. I was 11/2 and really feeling great. I keep wondering too and praying nothing backfires. I can drink pretty normally and stop when I get that sloshy full feeling. Moved to puréed (with docs ok) And am doing well. The scale stopped at 12 post op, 20 total but I think that is my body just tying to figure it all out! The gist 24 was NOT FUN but now I am glad. Still feeling a little anxious about things but mostly great. Back to work on Monday!

I had my one week post op appt with the doctor today. I had to laugh because I asked him if he was sure he did it because I feel really good. I think during the first week (for those of us that have an way go of it) you have monumental advances ( ie day 2 felt horrible and I think it is because your stomach and throat are so swollen from the procedure). Day 3 for me was "return to normal day"... Took a shower, ran errands, did laundry but was tired by the end of the day. Day 4 was a repeat of day 3. By Monday I was back at work and my old self. Somewhere between Monday and Wednesday the getting liquids down like normal just happened. I starting with sipping slowly and often. For me a cup with straw helped but they caution you about straws and getting to much aIr. Not sure but it seems to work for me. I drink as much as I can until that feeling a fullness starts and then stop right away. I start back up about 20 minutes later.

Some other notables from my post op meeting with the doc. I told him I was gave my Proteins and even managing to get Greek yogurt down. He told me to hold off on the soft foods until week 2. People have popped staples with yogurts, grits etc. he said if you can't get something easily through a straw, you shouldn't have it until week two. Of course the sarcastic side of me thought "well if I put my mind to it I could probably suck a Reese's Peanut Butter cup through a straw if I wanted to" but you get the point. Too much hard work has gone into this for us to potentially bring on a complication. Go at your own pace and in the next couple of days you are going to be shocked that you can get liquids down much faster. I was. Look forward to hearing from all of you soon. Happy healing,

I hope this is me!

Hi Finally got power back here in NJ! My surgery is Thursdsay, 11/15 and I'm sort of numb.. not excited, not panic stricken... yet.. it's weird. I know me, I will be a nervous wreck come Tuesday... I'm not sure how I'm going to calm myself by surgery day, but I'm hoping all will go well! I have 3 kids, so just the thought of a complication or something going wrong sends my mind in a tizzy!

Good luck to everyone! can't wait to hear your stories!

I am scheduled for surgery on November 27 in saranac lake ny. I am very nervous about the whole event, but mainly about the dietary changes afterward. I am a super busy person and the thought of having to put so much thought into what I eat seems daunting. I will be out of work for 6 weeks post op. I guess that gives me plenty of time to get used to it!

November 16th for me...just counting the days!