Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Burping. 2 Days Post Op

Hey. My surgery was oct 22. I am 2 days out. The burping is killing me. I never really burped before so this is all new to me. It's quite annoying. Every time I take a sip of Water or a tiny bite of Jello I burp non stop for about 10 minutes. Anyone else go through this???

Well there are lots of new noises that have come out of my body since I was sleeved 6 weeks ago too. My son (he is a teenager) thinks it is hilarious that my stomach makes gurgling noises, I burp, I hiccup and I also "toot".

So, although the burping hasnt gotten any better for me, it doesnt hurt anymore. AND it is a signal for me NOW that I better not take another bite of food or I will regret it.

Hey, we may be noisy but we will be skinnier!!!! I'll take it! At least we have an excuse for our bad manners, haha

Hope you feel better soon!

it's quite common - I still burp like a frat boy at keg party.....I eat TOO fast. but this is just normal and you'll start to notice all sorts of little sounds your new stomach will be making during this healing time.

Sometimes in the beginning (I am only 7 weeks out, so I'm definately no expert) I'd walk or pace around the house after I ate....which made the burping less, but it never totally went away.

better to have burps now then something else later....

I am 3 weeks out and burping is a welcome relief for me. After eating I make a point of walking until I get that gas to come out in a burp.

I never really burped before so this is all new to me. It's quite annoying.

As far as the quoted statement... I can't fathom never having burped...

Burping meant a lot to me, it meant I ate too fast, drank too fast or swallowed too much air. Eating too much can equal 1/2 a tiny bite of something over the only two bites of food I ate previously.

I walk after I eat. I am 4 months out and I burp when I'm done eating. The gurgling and weird noises DO go away, as long as you don't eat too fast or drink with your meals or eat too much.

I was on liquid for about 6 weeks after surgery and for 4 weeks I sipped out of a one ounce cup and couldn't drink out of a Water bottle.

Do what you can to eliminate the excess Water. Small sips, use a shot glass if you are only two days out. It will eliminate drinking your water, instead of sipping your water. It seriously was over a month before I was successful out of drinking out of water bottle. For some reason I would pull too much air in and it was painful.

I am fine now.

Remember 6-8 weeks your stomach is healing. You have a designer stomach and sipping your water is very important. Following your doctor's nutritional advice is important too. Don't try to ramp up your food, chew your food and know your stomach is going to gurgle and make noises and sometimes you are going to feel what you think are hunger pains, some will call it head hunger, which it could also be, but most likely it is some form of gas and even more likely healing pains. Cut your finger, stub your toe it throbs, well your stomach was cut from bottom to top and it's throbbing too and takes 6-8 weeks to heal.

Good luck, it was the smartest thing I have ever done and with what complications I had I'd do it all over again.

never really burped before so this is all new to me. I burp non stop for about 10 minutes. Anyone else go through this???

NEWBIES

ATTENTION, ATTENTION!!!! :)

burping is very normal for sleevers, especially at the beginning

for me at 10 months i still periodically burp - thats ok though

pretend you are in Turkey , maybe other foreign countries too

you are considered rude if you do not burp after a meal!!! :o

for me, the sleeve "made" me burp, telling me not to take another bite

good luck

nothing like a good burp/hiccup :lol:

I was sleeved the same day as you and my problem is the gas pains. Burping does not seem to help and I am hearing noises out of my stomach I didn't think were possible. Sounds like a waterfall lol. If I could only fart I would be ok. Good luck and wish I was burping more, maybe I would feel better.

Oh and I've had the hiccups since I woke up in recovery Monday, is this normal?

Oh and I've had the hiccups since I woke up in recovery Monday' date=' is this normal?[/quote']

Yes. I had them too. It has stopped now. 4 days out and feeling good. Have gotten used to the burping and now it's become a joke amongst my family and friends

I hiccup all the time while I'm eating and after I'm done. I know I'm full when I feel pressure at the top of the stomach and/or my right nostril starts running. (I know. Weird) ;p. And be careful! Never trust a fart!!