Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Bandsters!

Hi November bandsters!

Let's keep this going to support our efforts though out the wonderful we are soon to begin. Let's start with the date we are being banded and where?

Our weight and goal weight...

My date will be November 7

Dr. Aceves

I weighed myself this morning and I have gained!!! :faint:

Starting weight 225 (highest ever!!! )

Goal 150

10/26 Jdru (Jessica) 215/215/125 Dr. Hansen (Honorary Nov Bandster)

11/1 melany72 Dr. Hargroder

11/2 DeniseC (Denise) 226/219/130 Dr. Carbonell

11/2 prbrooksie 252/252/150 Dr. Malley

11/2 Kym828 (Kim) 278/278/175 Dr. Ortiz

11/2 pebbles4388 249/249/150

11/3 Jess333 (Jessica ("Lil" Red)) Dr. Ortiz

11/7 AngelaT (Angela) 225/225/150 Dr. Aceves

11/7 Jackye 225/225/150-45 Dr. Rumbaut

11/8 L8BloomR (Karen) goal: -105 Dr. Francis

11/8 dpingl goal: -92 Dr. Hoehn

11/8 niecyrenee goal: -232, down 8 Dr. Pitt

11/9 Keekahari (Kee) 280/245/175 Dr. Moazzez

11/10 FullofGRACE Dr. Curry

11/10 alix_1 (Alix) 222/222/140 Dr. Garza

11/13 swilborn (Sherrie) Size 22/???/140 Dr. Rodriquez

11/14 ahaizlip (Amy) goal: -129 Dr. Liu

11/17 Asmallerchick (Kelly) goal: -200 Dr. Aceves

11/20 Diana_G 234/234/145 Dr. Huacuz

11/20 Veggestyle 275/?/150 Dr. M

11/20 Laurba

11/21 Jess02 (Jess) Dr. Rumbaut

11/24 aussie_bandit 153kg/153kg/75kg

11/30 Inner_me (Chris) 350/350/200 Dr. Cahill

Good luck to all November Bandsters!!!

I'm a November bandster but it's November 04!!

I wish you all good luck on your new Journey to band land!!!

((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))

November 7th With Dr Rumbaut, IN MONTERREY. HI ANGELA!

STARTING WEIGHT 225 IF I STOP EATING NOW :heh:

GOAL WEIGHT 150-145

Hi everyone! I am so glad we finally have our very own November discussion. We need to start a list of what we need to take to our surgery, especially if going to Mexico.

I will be bringing:

Loose, soft, comfy nightgown

slippers

chewable Gas X

Envelopes of chicken broth

Protein powder

a good book

comfy clothes for the hotel and for the flight...

What else??

Congratulations to all of us November Bandsters!:clap2:

:faint: I have doc apt for the 11th , guess i will find out then when i get surgery hopefully.

Dr.Li

Sinai hosptial Balt.Md

pre surg weight 213

their weight for me 113

my weight goal 125

weight.png

will i get the apt for surgery on day i go to doc?:nervous :faint:

Hi Jackye!

You and I seem to have things in common...first our weight is same!! Our goal weight is essentially the same., same Doc, .... when is your birthday?

1-14-67, I KNOW CAN'T WAIT TO MEET YOU AND GET OUR LAP BANDS, THEN WE CAN KEEP WEIGHT LOSS RECORD TOGETHER. DO YOU WANT TO EAT ALL THE TIME NOW? I KNOW I NEED TO BE DIETING BEFORE, BUT SINCE I SCHEDULED MY APPT I HAVE PROBABLY GAINED 10LBS (ALSO I QUIT SMOKING, 6 WEEKS AGO) I AM GETTING REALLY EXCITED AND WISH IT WERE SOONER SO WE WOULD HAVE IT OVER. ALSO I KEEP E-MAILING CATHYS OFFICE WITH QUESTIONS AND I AM SURE THAT I'M GETTING ON THEIR NERVES. THEY PROBABLY CAN'T WAIT TILL MINES OVER WITH TO:heh:

ALSO ADD TO THE LIST

LOTION

LIP BALM

?????

I am trying to watch what I eat, but I also want to eat all of those things I will not be able to have later!!!! I hope I don't gain anymore! How long will you be doing the liquid diet? I will try for 4 days, with clear the last... I know they say only 1-2 for my BMI but I want to be sure they can do the surgery OK.

actually i was thinking the same thing about the pre-op. i would hate to go all the way to mexico and them not be able to retract my big fat liver:heh: to band me.

DON'T FORGET YOUR LIP BALM!!!! It's what I needed most beleive it or not.

I didn't take a night gown because I used their gowns that have the snaps on the shoulders because of all the IV's. But I am not sure about Mexico hospitals.

:girl_hug: :eek: :D :juggle: Don't forget to shave your legs LOL LOL LOL :laser: :woot: :woot:

Yeah... Finally November! November 8th, Dr Hoehn, KC/Shawnee Mission. 30 days.. I am watching what I eat, however I am eating TOO MUCH as usual. I am walking about 3/4 days a week for 30-40 minutes. Right now I have blisters from new tennis shoes so I have taken a couple days off. Hoping NOT TO GAIN! YEAH NOVEMBER!

coyotegirl how many iv's we talking about? i was thinking about using nair the day before so i wont have to shave for a couple of days, any other suggestions? i spoke with dr rumbauts office yesterday and they said that i would have a urinary catheter but no bowel prep, also advised me to do several days of liquid diet instead of the 1 day on the pre-op diet for my bmi to lessen post op gas and discomfort( are u listening angela)

hope they take that cathter out before i wake up!:guessoh yeah i was reading a journal i wrote in college yesterday and the 1st entry was talking about how unhappy i was being overweight and no matter what happened to make me happy the weight was like a black cloud ruining it. then it said today 1- 29 -1994 is the day that i take control and change my life because i refuse to be fat forever. ironic huh? i did lose 80lbs then and had a full body lift to lose the skin only to regain it. i take this as a sign that i am doing the right thing, because i had really became nervous about spending all that $$$$$:clap2:

Jackye, I had an IV in the back of both hands. 1 was for the normal IV's and the other was for "just in case". I quess they wanted to be prepared if I tried to die on them. :) I also had to wear these funky boots on my legs.(for blood clot prevention)

I also didn't have to do a bowel prep. and I was cathed. They took it out before I woke up along with the breathing tube. I don't remember either one. BUT I had trouble with my bladder after surgery. I went over 20 hours without peeing. I thought It was because I wasn't drinking very much and hadn't since 10 oclock the night before. I wasn't thinking about the IV's they were poring into me. (oops) When they found out they had to put a cath back in. :) They wouldn't let me go home until I would pee on my own.

I was on a liquid diet for 13 days before my surgery. It was not fun but I did it. I didn't want anything to mess up my surgery. It was only to be a 10 day liquid diet but I got a UTI and they had to move my surgery back 3 days. I lost 11lbs on that diet!!!!

I can't really think of anything else you might want to take. Maybe some cd's or a Mp3. Not sure whats on tv over there.

If I can think of anything else I will let you know.

(((hugs)))