Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Bandsters!

Thanks. I hope so. It's hard not to kick yourself. After all this and I feel nothing. We'll see what he says and get it figured out. Atleast I'm not gaining!

Tweety--I hope everything works out for you. When was your last fill? If it's been a while, you may not still have all that left in there. I guess the best thing would be to have a fluoroscope done to make sure evrything is okay. I know how hard it is to try and stay on liquids--I've tried to do it for a couple days because I thought I might have streatched my pouch, and I was absolutely starving! I have been able to eat more than i should be lately, but I am getting a fill on Monday, so hopefully that will help.

Tom--Glad your hand is feeling beter. NOw, if they could just figure out the rest of it, huh? I also have to have another sleep study done--I did the overnite pulse-ox thing, and she said my O2 levels are still dropping below 90% too much. She wants to see if I am really obstructing, or if maybe I just need a little oxygen at night. My husband says i don't snore anymore, so I don't know. I can't get in til August for mine, and I still don't wear my CPAP--it drives me absolutely crazy. Have you found your goat bitch yet?:(

Hello Everyone! It has been quite awhile since I have been on here, about four months...I think I need to come back for the support and commradery. I hope to get back in touch!

Tom--Glad your hand is feeling beter. NOw, if they could just figure out the rest of it, huh? I also have to have another sleep study done--I did the overnite pulse-ox thing, and she said my O2 levels are still dropping below 90% too much. She wants to see if I am really obstructing, or if maybe I just need a little oxygen at night. My husband says i don't snore anymore, so I don't know. I can't get in til August for mine, and I still don't wear my CPAP--it drives me absolutely crazy. Have you found your goat bitch yet?:)

Mine is schedule for 7/3 although I'm on the wait list in case someone cancels. Disability was approved through yesterday and they need additional "objective" medical reports to approve more. There's not much more that is known so who knows. I agree the CPAP is awful. I tried it for quite awhile and finally gave up on it. I slept (or not, as the case really was) worse with it than without it. I've never been one to snore but according to the report, did stop breathing through the night.

And no, I've not found a goat bitch yet but am willing to take applications! My ex took care of them over the weekend when I went out of town (to deliver some goats she sold) and is taking care of them this weekend while I'm at a show, and next weekend while I'm judging. Her health isn't great and she struggles to get her own goats taken care of but at least she knows the goats and the dogs all know her too. A friend said I need to teach him so he can help out but he's a city-boy. He likes them but not sure if he's up to milking.

Tom

Hey Tom--I think everyone should milk a goat at least once in their lives. If I lived closer, I'd put in an application! A few years ago, I had my daughter and her friend at this big arts and crafts fair, and they had a petting zoo. Well, they had these adorable little goats, and when the girls went in to pet them, the goats started, well, getting friendly. The girls kept saying--"What are they doing?", and I was laughing so hard, I couldn't even answer them. That was my last experience with goats!

Hi Everyone,

Well I finally have an answer to all my issues. On Thursday night I woke up @ 12 am with huge pain in my chest that I thought was heart burn. I toolk pepto which didn't seem to work. I starting throwing up (spaghetti yumm..) and couldn't stop for 3 hours. The pain was so bad I bundled up my seven year old and drove my self to the ER. After an ultrasound it seems that I have GALLSTONES. They released me in the morning and told me to schedule with a surgeon. I finally got in today and it seems it could be worse than just removing my gallbladder. It seems that some of the gallstones are in my "common bile duct" and I need an MRC?? Anyway waiting for call with appointment time.

I have found out that this is very common with WLS or rapid weight loss in general.

My symtoms are, cramping pain (mild to extreme) underneath my breatbone and all the way to the middle of my back, nausea, blotted feeling, and yellow skin (jaundice). I have also been loosing a huge amount of hair. Luckily I have quite

sorry I hit the wrong key...

I was saying that I have quite a bit of hair so you can't tell yet.

I guess once the have done the MRC?? they can determine what else besides removal of the gallbladder I might need. He mentioned an endoscope going through the mouth and upper digestive with some sort of ballon and removing stones from the duct...which could be very difficult because of my band.

I have been having these symtoms since Feb. but always thought they were band related.

Well wish me luck.

Hey Jess--good luck with everything. I hope they can remove the gallbladder and that is it. Wow, I can't even imagine having problems like that, but just know that we all support you and wish you the best. Please let us know how you are doing.

Thanks for tletting us all know. I scurried around looking for how to prevent gallstones, and found a recommendation for Fiber. Did the doctor tell you anything about prevention?

Hi there everyone. It was nice to catch up on how everyone is doing. I am so sorry Jess that your going threw those issues. I can't even amagine how scared you must have been and the pain....ouch!!! I sure hope everything is okay and you recover quickly. I have summer fever right now!!!! It is sooooo beautiful outside and being stuck in an office everyday all day is not working for me!!!! I want out of my cage. I am trying different tanning lotions. Do any of you use tanning lotions? I am super pale so do not have much olive tone to my skin and need some help from the bottle. Which brand is the best to not make you look like a bright orange color.

Hi there everyone. It was nice to catch up on how everyone is doing. I am so sorry Jess that your going threw those issues. I can't even amagine how scared you must have been and the pain....ouch!!! I sure hope everything is okay and you recover quickly. I have summer fever right now!!!! It is sooooo beautiful outside and being stuck in an office everyday all day is not working for me!!!! I want out of my cage. I am trying different tanning lotions. Do any of you use tanning lotions? I am super pale so do not have much olive tone to my skin and need some help from the bottle. Which brand is the best to not make you look like a bright orange color.

Hi Vikki!

Did you get my e-mail? Did you check out our new rainforest group thread yet? You looked soooooo beautiful Sunday!! I use Neutrogena tanning and firming lotion...no orange :-) Great to see you again and so nice to meet other bandsters!:clap2:

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your words....I just had a MRI today and will have a meeting with the surgeon on Tuesday. Can't eat anything without pain so I guess one benefit is the scale will really move ..hahah. I know I know not the best way to do it. The doctor said that 1 in 12 people have gallstones they might not even know it. Some of us that have WLS seem to activate the problems because of our rapid weight loss. I'm still not sure how you get them or how to prevent them or what you should do once you have them.

Just keep aware of my symptons and get a sonagram (sp?) if you have them. I starting having these same symptons in January just 3 months after the band and I just assumed I was having issues with the band. I had no idea it could be anything else.

I'll keep you updated after Tuesday...HAVE

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your words....I just had a MRI today and will have a meeting with the surgeon on Tuesday. Can't eat anything without pain so I guess one benefit is the scale will really move ..hahah. I know I know not the best way to do it. The doctor said that 1 in 12 people have gallstones they might not even know it. Some of us that have WLS seem to activate the problems because of our rapid weight loss. I'm still not sure how you get them or how to prevent them or what you should do once you have them.

Just keep aware of my symptons and get a sonagram (sp?) if you have them. I starting having these same symptons in January just 3 months after the band and I just assumed I was having issues with the band. I had no idea it could be anything else.

I'll keep you updated after Tuesday...HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND.