Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Bandsters!

One of the bandsters in my support group wear one and loves it. I'm tempted too. My only concern would be if the added support will weaking my tummy muscles.... Seems like I heartd somewhere that any kind of girdle does that.

Quick question for you girls. I was thinking of getting the Slim n Lift which is a girdle that is from right under your bra down to your knee. It is suppose to help those bulges in your back. It is 60.00 and is AS Seen on TV product. Have any of you ordered this and is it worth paying that much. I want to show off my weight loss but can't stand the rolls under my bra line on my back...........

Thanks girls!:D

It is preferred that you not wear anything tight. If you do just do it for a short period like a special ocassion. I am working 17 hours today at the hspital so I can't write long.... :D

Quick question for you girls. I was thinking of getting the Slim n Lift which is a girdle that is from right under your bra down to your knee. It is suppose to help those bulges in your back. It is 60.00 and is AS Seen on TV product. Have any of you ordered this and is it worth paying that much. I want to show off my weight loss but can't stand the rolls under my bra line on my back...........

Thanks girls!:D

Well, one time I ordered those "slim pants" or something like that.... even got a size bigger than I needed, and when I tried to put them on, I couldn't get them past my knees!!:cry They were a step-in kind of thing, and can only stretch so far, I guess. So, my advice would be to make sure anything you get has a zipper or some better way of putting it on.... You don't want to go through what I did!! :D

Karen

Thanks for your advice guys. I am only planning on wearing them for special occasions like Sat. night type of events. I actually found it for 13.99 on the As seen on TV web site. Why they charge so much on the other site is ridiculous. So it will arrive in 3-4 days and I will let you guys know how it fits and if it just makes it so you can't even breath. I am sooooo glad its Friday!!!!!! WEEE HOOOWWW Have a great weekend everyone!!!!:clap2:

Here we go! My local lap support group...we're all starting Tai Chi class together tomorrow. Should be fun, if I can ever figure out how to un-stiffen those Tai Chi pajamas. It's like wearing starched jeans at this point!

I went to my first goat show of the season yesterday. Goat shows in this part of the country start the first weekend of May and end shortly after Labor Day. We have a conference in November but it was 4 days post-surgery last fall so I didn't go. I only see a lot of the people at the shows during show season only so most of the people there haven't seen me since I was banded. I also just buzzed my hair all off so a bit of a different look. (Wasn't intentional but don't totally hate it!) Anyway, I walked in the barn and up to a couple of friends and they did not recognize me until I started talking. The standing joke was that I left my other half at home with the hair. (The fact that my ex, who also shows goats wasn't there, made "the other half" joke even more appropriate.) I walked in with one of our goats just before showing and a fellow exhibitor, who I've shown with for years, asked where I bought the goat I had. I just said we bred (meaning born on our farm) her and they asked my name. They finally realized who I was. (Our goats have a very distinctive look to them that most in the breed recognize.) Anyway, it was kind of fun to have everyone swooning over the "new" me. Most were shocked to hear I had another 15 pounds to lose. Of course, they were even more shocked to hear how much I've lost as I did hide my weight well before.

One friend purposefully has not asked how the weight loss was going before as she knew many were sensitive about the topic and some don't do well. (Another goat breeder had the gastric bypass over two years ago and did really well the first year but definitely seems considerably larger this year than she did last year.) Anyway, she could tell it was working. Last year at this show, I wore a size 46 pant. This year, I wore a size 36 and my "noassatall" disease was evident as they were a bit saggy in the back. (My ex always told me I had a cute butt and said I don't have any at all now.)

Tom

Tom,

That is a wonderful story!!! Congratulations!!! Glad to hear from you again...I guess due to nicer weather it has been rather quiet here in Nov. Bandsters.... I guess you have been busy woth the goats...and I htought maybe you had found a grilfriend since you do not show up much lately :-)

Tom,

That is a wonderful story!!! Congratulations!!! Glad to hear from you again...I guess due to nicer weather it has been rather quiet here in Nov. Bandsters.... I guess you have been busy woth the goats...and I htought maybe you had found a grilfriend since you do not show up much lately :-)

I have 10 girlfriends, and one more coming, and all have big breasts. <G> (I'm milking 10 now and 1 more yet to have her babies.) I finally got "custody" of the mower, had it serviced and it is suppose to be delivered today so get the pleasure of mowing now too. Need to do some fence repair and the goats can help out!

Sadly, with the farm work, I can't seem to find enough hours in the day to make it to the gym. I have to milk 12 hours apart, plus feed the babies, take care of the dogs, every now and then (and more "then" than now lately) do housework laundry, dishes, etc. and with an hour drive each way to work, I can't figure out how to fit that in. The good news is that I'm getting exercise here as I spend about 3 hours a day on chores. Every now and then I like to go out with friends but that has become a rarity too. Once the babies are all here and are all eating well, and I sell a few of the goats, I should have a bit more time. Of course, summer is show season and between showing and judging, there isn't a lot of "free" time. I've been hesitant to do it but I'm going to drop the membership at the fitness center until later in the year. I can't see spend $15 a month for something I rarely use. (I haven't been at all in the last 2 weeks and before that only once a week.) I get plenty of cardio work here. Need some weight training. Maybe I'll pick up some small dumbbells that I can use at my desk at work. I'm on the phone the majority of the day so can sit/stand and do some exercising there.

Now, it's off to pinch some titties. ;-)

Tom

Thanks girls!:)

I havent ordered that one but I do have some of those oversized panties from the Avenue. I hear Lane Bryant has some fantastic ones....They were about $30. They do do wonders! Just firms everything up and sucks everything in.

WOW Tom, you are SOOOOOOO busy!! You are getting a workout just with what you are doing at home!! It is like having 2 full-time jobs! MAybe you can pay someone to come in half a day once a week to help clean the house and maybe do a load of laundry or two. A HS student would not charge too much.

WOW Tom, you are SOOOOOOO busy!! You are getting a workout just with what you are doing at home!! It is like having 2 full-time jobs! MAybe you can pay someone to come in half a day once a week to help clean the house and maybe do a load of laundry or two. A HS student would not charge too much.

My mother and grandmother (who just turned 87!) offered to come out and clean for me. Problem is I have to clean up before they come. <G> Fortunately, it's been dry that last several days so the dogs don't bring in half the back yard with them every time they come in. I did get some dishes done this morning. I tried out the mower and got a small amount mowed, got chores done plus got a goat bathed so I can clip her for a show. Eating lunch now (it's VERY hard to eat slow when you're body is on fast-forward) and then it's off to work. I still think I need a sugar-mommy (heck, I'd take a sugar daddy!). Then I could lounge around, enjoy my animals and not have to worry about work. Problem is I VERY much enjoy living alone so it would have to be someone that would visit maybe once a week. I need to be someone's mastress (is that the male version of a mistress?)! :)

Tom

Well, it is over.. my fabolous journey with my lap band. On Saturday at 8:30 am, Dr. Pucci needed to remove my band due to my body rejecting it. I ended up in the hospital again, if anyone is counting that is 4 times in 2 months, and I was diagnosed with gastric parisis...AKA my stomach stopped working.

So, They too out the band, and in recovery I was drinking, no throwing up and have alrady gotten back to solids. Very small amounts.. but, I feel so much better.

I am a bit depressed, I truly loved my band... but I love my life more.

I am very sore and just got home from the hospital... I will write more later.

Misty

Well, it is over.. my fabolous journey with my lap band. On Saturday at 8:30 am, Dr. Pucci needed to remove my band due to my body rejecting it. I ended up in the hospital again, if anyone is counting that is 4 times in 2 months, and I was diagnosed with gastric parisis...AKA my stomach stopped working.

So, They too out the band, and in recovery I was drinking, no throwing up and have alrady gotten back to solids. Very small amounts.. but, I feel so much better.

Misty

Misty

Oh, Misty, I am so sorry you had to go through that!! Thank goodness you have a good doctor who helped you before it got any worse. You have had an amazing weight loss, and are such an inspiration!! I am glad you are feeling better as that is the most important thing, but I know you are disappointed. Please keep posting and let us help you "feel" like you are still banded and having to watch your portions, etc., and hopefully you will still continue to lose weight and not notice any difference. We are all in this together!! Please continue to get better and let us know how you are doing!!

Karen