Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This Is A Disgusting Post, Please Only Readif You're Ok With Explicit Fces Talk!

So, I a, 6 months out. I really haven't had an issue with Constipation. I take 6 Metamucil tablets per day, drink and walk. If I a feel a little off, I add Miralax and docusate. So...I haven't really pooped in a few days, no discomfort, just nothing. So I added more veggies, more Fiber and NUTS. Well today I was so uncomfortable ... Felt bloated and abdomen felt swollen. I decided to try magnesium citrate to push it all along. Hours later...nothing. I then tried MOM. Then the agony started, I probably had about 3 in of feces stuck. I couldn't get it out and it wasn't going back in. So what do you do? And I was in pain. I used baby wipes and just kept pulling off small pieces as they came out. But the whole area was just swollen and full. I coud only push a little due to tearing pain, grab what I could...walked around and tried again. This agony went on for 3 hours. I cried, I took Valium...I tried to sleep. I then got a tremendous urge and went back on the bowl. Again, slow and painful chunks could be manually eliminated. Having to touch it do much, I swear I felt the nuts. Finally, I think that I got it all out...about the consistency of modeling clay. I tried to get up and walk around...then I felt such an urge, I went back, sat down and passed the thickes, longest feces of my life. It was over 12" long and at least 6" around. I took a pic for my doc. I weighed myself and was 3 lbs lighter than the morning. I still cannot believe the absolute pain, the feeling of tearing and just being stuck. What a re

Over finally, but what do I do to never, ever get ere again, am thinking no nuts?

I know that this was very graphic, but was so disturbing. I had to share for some support....and hopefully advice.

That's dreadful. And I don't think that you are alone with this. It sounds like maybe you might not be consistently drinking enough Water?

Go buy suppositories laxatives at your drug store to have in case this happens again. They will soften things up from the anal area.

Do you feel better now?

Also, if you are taking Calcium & Iron those may be the culprits. I rotate them from one day to the other. Even w taking Miralax am/pm taking those together block me.

Try adding magnesium supplement when you take your Calcium. I read it also helps to keep things moving along.

That's terrible, so sorry but glad you got it out finally. It could have been very serious.

Thank you, I feel soooooo much better. But that was so horrifying. I had to leave work and still have anxiety at how awful that experience was. I was afraid to go to the ER figuring it was not an emergency and I would wait forever. I probably needed an enema. I bought a dual PAC, but have never ever used one. I'll try supositories as well.

I really believe you need a doctor to share this with!!! Disgusting

Being impacted is NOT fun!! I think it's very brave that you came on here and talked about it. People do end up in hospitals for impactions. It's serious stuff!!

Keep that liquid moving. I'm sure you'll be sore tomorrow. Maybe a nice bath w epson salts will help if you feel discomfort.

Magnesium citrate is used when your doing liquids for 24 hours ... I wouldn't go that route when you've been eatting solids. It's too much.

Just use milk of magnesia from now on.

Poor you :(

OMG.. I am so sorry I am laughing right now.. Holy crap what an experience!!! I swear by my Bidanit. It is a little Bidet that you attach to your toilet. It helps the stuck bits come out and also helps with ((roids)) cuz you are wiping less and helping things along. If you are having this much drama in that area, I recommend the $30-$40 investment. We will NEVER be without one. I have no other words of wisdom for you. If you want to laugh at me back find my post where I pooped my pants while on the phone with the internet guy. :)

I really believe you need a doctor to share this with!!! Disgusting

Yeah, you should share w your doc, and i'm assuming you will bcs u took a pix.

I remember your post. Hehe

It happens!!

I took a pic for my doc.

hey slim

so sorry you went through this experience

what did your dr say after he saw the picture, and you spoke w/him??

you haven't been constipated before?

freak occurrance, hopefully it will stay that way, and never happen again :ph34r:

of course talk to your dr. - but maybe he would suggest colace

doesn't make you go to the bathroom, softens the stool alleviating such problems

glad this is over for you

take care

I remember at first the consistency of my stool was like clay. I am 10 months out and sometimes I have the same trouble "getting it to come out and seems stuck"! I bought some stool softener to keep and it really makes a difference. Try getting some just to keep and it will make you much more comfortable. Hope you are feeling better now. What a bummer!

I remember at first the consistency of my stool was like clay. I am 10 months out and sometimes I have the same trouble "getting it to come out and seems stuck"! I bought some stool softener to keep and it really makes a difference. Try getting some just to keep and it will make you much more comfortable. Hope you are feeling better now. What a bummer!

Thanks. I just needed immediate release and got desperate. I have docusate and taking it sometimes when nothing comes along. But this was like nothing I have ever experienced.

OMG you poor thing! Constipation pain is very under-rated, it's quite debilitating! Maybe there's an herbal softener you can take that will keep you from getting packed-in? (Boy do I miss salads!)