Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi was wondering if anyone from Ohio has had the sleeve surgery. My name is Lindsay I'm 30 yr old I have a husband and two children and I have only been heavy for about 9 yrs, I blew up after having my daughter in 2003. I am dealing with complications after surgery. The night after my surgery my stomach swelled shut leaving me not able to drink or eat. I know have a pic line and iv nutrion with no date to get off. Anyone else out there have this happen?

Dayton Ohio here :) was sleeved at Grandview

Hi I'm in Middletown rt now had it done at Kettering maybe we can get together or just chat on here. I just had my surgery on the first I started at 326 and I'm down to 305. But my stomach swelled shut so I'm on iv nutrition and can barley take meds or drink Water or anything liquid. How about you.

Hi I'm in Middletown rt now had it done at Kettering maybe we can get together or just chat on here. I just had my surgery on the first I started at 326 and I'm down to 305. But my stomach swelled shut so I'm on iv nutrition and can barley take meds or drink Water or anything liquid. How about you.

Bruce or Fletcher I was fletcher

Sorry to hear about your tummy swelling shut, dang it! Hope it gets better real quick :)

I'm in SE Ohio, scheduled to be sleeved 2/18/13. Self pay, so headed to Mexico!

Sorry to hear about your stomach swelling. I hope it all resolves quickly. Keep us updated. I'm in Cincinnati Ohio and don't have a surgery date yet.

Sorry to hear about your stomach swelling. I hope it all resolves quickly. Keep us updated. I'm in Cincinnati Ohio and don't have a surgery date yet.

Hi

Make sure that you get all your dr.s to give notes to insurance it will help you case go quicker!! My throat seems to be swelling right now it's feels funny so maybe I should back off trying liquids. I feel better as long as I don't try to drink anything. They want me to keep trying but I think I need to back up. Good luck getting your date!!

I'm in Fairfield, OH. Had mine done by Dr. Curry in early August. I'm so sorry to hear that you're having complications. I'm not saying you're doctor isn't good, but have you thought about a second opinion? I know nothing about your doc, so I'm not bashing him/her. Just trying to help you get answers. I've had nothing but excellent service from Dr. Curry's office. I've had no complications and have no food intolerances. I know everyone is different and complications happen, but maybe you could call and talk to them if you're not getting answers elsewhere?

I'm in Fairfield' date=' OH. Had mine done by Dr. Curry in early August. I'm so sorry to hear that you're having complications. I'm not saying you're doctor isn't good, but have you thought about a second opinion? I know nothing about your doc, so I'm not bashing him/her. Just trying to help you get answers. I've had nothing but excellent service from Dr. Curry's office. I've had no complications and have no food intolerances. I know everyone is different and complications happen, but maybe you could call and talk to them if you're not getting answers elsewhere?[/quote']

I may do that!! But I will see how things go he also took out my appendices so I like him and a dad to young children so is flexible!!

Hi, Im from Youngstown OH. Im having my surgery on Nov 7 in Cleveland

Hi' date=' Im from Youngstown OH. Im having my surgery on Nov 7 in Cleveland[/quote']

Good luck hope all goes well!!

Near Cleveland Ohio here...I am so sorry about your issues. Please keep us updated. Will pray for you .