Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tauranga. I weigh between 67 _ 70 kgs. I can go up to 70.
I have been 64kg and it made me look too skinny and sick. So I try to stay around 67 _ 70.
I got no regrets. Surgery went smoothly and the surgeon said my op was a pleasure to do. I was on Optifast for 3 weeks.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L22 using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi all nice to see an NZ forum albeit not very active. Much more Americans on the main forums than anywhere else!

I had my sleeve in Malaysia it was at least 10k more in NZ and I am self pay. So glad I went to Malaysia was amazing, so professional and no regrets at all. I even had a sort of holiday it was so easy. A holiday without food!

Feeling great so far and so excited to be on my way😃

I paid $19k in Auckland, how much cheaper in Malaysia was it? I did look at Thailand but wasn't much cheaper than NZ. I'm 14 months along and lost 38 kg so goal weight. No regrets at all.

I'm 11 months down now from my sleeve. Have lost 44kg, but still want to lose more. In hindsight I should have done the Roux-en-Y op, which would have worked better for my food malfunction. The risks scared me off though.

Am thrilled to be keeping the weight off though. Am far from perfect with my diet. Every little bit helps though.

How's everyone else?

22 hours ago, els said:

I paid $19k in Auckland, how much cheaper in Malaysia was it? I did look at Thailand but wasn't much cheaper than NZ. I'm 14 months along and lost 38 kg so goal weight. No regrets at all.

Glad to hear you are doing so well what fantastic results, very inspirational. I am trying not to be impatient and just enjoy losing weight but I cant wait for goal! Has gone up a bit in NZ 21.5 k cost about 13k in Malaysia with flights and accommodation for the week. The bit Iiked about this surgeon was his ideas on pre-op diet - no licquid prep and only 3 days post op.

Well done you too on what you have achieved so far. Be patient as it will happen. Best thing I ever did, should have done it years ago. Never considered Malaysia as an option but good on you. NZ is too expensive for sure.

I am in Glen Eden Auckland and looking for a support group,. Had sleeve done in Thailand on 4th September 17. Struggling with no support group, are there any around here to join ?

I’m in Wellington but have not found a group here either. Online support was useful for me. Good luck. Was Thailand a lot cheaper for you? As I stated earlier I paid $19,000 in Auckland.

Hi I’m also in Auckland and haven’t found a support Group as such, but there are people around from NZ on here who are helpful with questions.

Happy to email if you have any questions, but I’m 4 years post op and can tell you life does get back to normal and it was worth it for me.

I agree this online forum for vsg has been helpful for me. For the first month or so I prior to surgery and for a month or so after I checked in regularly. nearly daily and just looked at the new posts. I had my surgery done this June in Hamilton and also have visited with the Nutritionist and the Psychologist twice that was offered and included with my surgery. Perhaps you find both in NZ and visit a couple times. I found them helpful as well.

I had mine a year ago now. 45kg down and holding. I still wonder if I should have gone roux-en-y instead of sleeve.. but am glad I am holding at current weight.

I think perhaps I thought some aspects of things would be easier, and others harder. eg I can still eat normal volume of food without discomfort, or full signal, but then randomly regurgitate certain foods, and it isn’t consistent with that same food later/earlier or related to size of meal. I guess my tum is a bit random now. No spices, that is for certain!! I get awful reflux from time to time, even on omeprazole.

I have found the physical changes hard to recognise. I still feel the same size, and get surprised at photos. Anyone else have that??

Thats a great weight loss, If I could loose that amount I would be so happy.

I too get the reflux and have Omeprazole, which I sometimes feel, does nothing to help. Garlic and spices, which I use to love and eat heaps of; are now not an options, the smell of garlic makes my stomach turn and whilst I love Thai Green Curry, it just doesn't work well for me anymore !!! I agree, I look in the mirror and cant see any change, but others can, and when I compare photos I can see a difference, of course the clothes hang loose !!!

Am just back from a holiday. Took tons of photos, and even allowed some to be taken of me. Have been really surprised that I look “normal” now. Still plump, but normal! It has probably been 20 years since I could say that. What an unexpected bonus!