Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Sleevers, I Need You!

ok everyone on here has seen differant drs and differant hospitals and plans but my kaiser folk understand me and can answer someof my questions under kaiser rules. my question is how many calories and carbs your baratric dr told you to have. my baratric doctor is mirmadi ifi spelled her name correct. i am very confused because i cant barely get 800-900cal and i put in my fitclick the calories from the website on our menus and it was 539 wth

Kaiser Fontana (So. Cal) calories are 400-600 until week 12 when it goes up to 600-800. Sample menu if you want a different version KP West LA

i was 2 weeks out when she told me 1200 cal. so how many carbs do you get

i know the website thanks. it doesnt help

They never told me/us carbs, I will look back through my class info, I try to keep my carbs about 40 but not sure what they suggest or if they did.

Kaiser Fontana here. 400-600 cal up to 12 weeks and no instructions on how many carbs. Proteins have to be 60-90 a day and liquids 64 ounces a day.

im really confused why did my baratric dr told me 1200 at the time i saw her i was 267 and im 4'11

1200 as far as I was told would be maintenance but I don't know, maybe that was her goal for your specific needs? It wouldn't hurt to give your Dr a call and just double check!

im so confused really confused now i get in 800 cals the most

im really confused why did my baratric dr told me 1200 at the time i saw her i was 267 and im 4'11

Hey, I had my surgery at kaiser south bay by Carson, when I went for my 4 month post op visit with my nutritionist she also increased my calorie intake to 1200 and she said no more Protein shakes. It was hard to stop taking the Protein shakes and meeting my Protein needs and it still is!! Since her suggestion my weight loss has decreased. I am loosing very slowly and I'm considering to start drinking shakes again because that is what was working for me. I am 6 months out 5'9 191.4 start weight was 269

at the time i was only 2 weeks out and she said 1200

at the time i was only 2 weeks out and she said 1200

Wow, 1200 at 2 weeks? I was lucky to get 400 at that time as was still on liquids.

yea thats what she told me im really trying as for carbs today i will be over 100grams

I was told 1200 is maintenance, and that your carbs should be low and focus mainly on protein..... IDK if its even physically possible to get 1200 at 2 weeks out

inkdoll i agree i just get in the 800-900 a day. i have to talk to my nut and she what she says my baratric dr i just dont know

You know, I think each NUT has their own recommendations, but for the longest time I was at about 800 calories, and 60-90 grams of Protein and maybe 90 carbs, but I had to tweak it to keep losing...after 4 months increased calories to 1000 but lowered my carbs to under 50 grams. The sage advice I got here on this forum helped me see that the most effective weight loss strategy is low carbing. I will increase my carbs once I make goal. Of course I go off plan at times and allow a splurge, but I go back to plan right away. By tracking your food, calories, protein, liquid, carbs you can see what works for YOU. Right now six months out I am eating around 1000-1200 calories and under 40 grams of carbs.