Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Whats The Worst Thing You've Eaten Post Op?

Just be careful with those compounding pharmacies. The one in Mass is what started this whole meningitis outbreak. They are not as regulated as other pharmaceutical companies. Do your homework. Just want you to be safe!

most hospital based pharmacies are compounding

Honesty is the first step and I admire you for that. I have cheated and have used that word never do many times. I have to go back to my one day at a time theory. Have no idea what tomorrow holds. I stop with the never but that is still my goal. Good luck and please get some help of possible it sounds like medically you may be doing harm.

This is such a tough spot to be. It sounds desperately familiar. It's such an out of control feeling. I can't give advise because I hope and pray I don't return there and am not sure if I have the emotional healing that can keep it at bay. Sending u big huggs, keep us posted and if u see someone for food issues now is definitely the time.

Probably grazing on my birthday cake my hubby made. If its in the house- I'm gonna eat it. I'm weak'

The reason I started this thread was to try and gauge how others were handling their food choices and the attitudes around them. I see and have seen in the responses and in this forum everything from strict regimens to none at all. I am 11 weeks post op and am doing well losing steadily. I feel fabulous.

I am troubled somewhat though on how to eat for long term success. I am basically structured' date=' yogurt, cheese, Protein drinks etc... However, I still find pleasure in eating and am trying to regulate that in a reasonably healthy way while still enjoying food.< /p>

When people say they are still on plan what does that mean? I realize the digestive restricted items that u have to work up to but do they mean dieting? I look closely at what I eat and of course stop when full. But I don't put a lot of restrictions on myself. I eat within reason, I drink within reason, and I'm satisfied with ny efforts but scared when I see how strict some people are.

I guess what I'm saying is I'm not sure I'm headed in the right direction. The nutritional info I got pre pp was sooo unrealistic. I mean basically it was dieting for the rest of my life.

I am dedicated to success but my definition may be completely different. How do u guys feel?[/quote']

i am a a management retreat we host for our top team every year. last night i ate a bite or two of everything on a 4 1/2 hour seven course meal (little bites) including fois gras, panacotta, poached pear, caviar, a steak so soft it was like butter, delicious cambert cheese, the list could go on but those would be the highest calories. i sipped wine while eating...just tiny sips with each course pairing.

many would think "terrible cheat" but i didnt have this surgery so i could drop out of life. i am on pureed and ok'd the menu with my nut as long as i listened to my body and chewed my brains out lol and i had a great night with wonderful friends. i didnt over eat and i avoided bread because my second surgery is only three weeks out (ten from the original)

i was down two lbs this morning. today we go wine tasting and the offerings are wood fired pizza. ill eat toppings. then italian tonight (a challenge) but ill figure it out :)

and no im not going to diet for the rest of my life im going to live in a healthy fashion and enjoy life :)

It was a fat pudgy little guy. LAST thing he needed was a cookie! Lol. And it was chocolate. Just my luck, i kill a doxie at the yearly reunion. HEADLINES: woman has WLS and kills doxie over a cookie dispute!

;-)

My NUT has me on some restrictions until i get my weight off. Then it's management and enjoy food w/in reason. If you can handle food in moderation, then go ahead and enjoy small things.

I CANNOT. Carbs affect me in more ways than I could have ever imagined. From inflammation to weight gain and everything in between. I "allowed" myself high carb 'healthy' Protein bars 2 weeks ago and wow have i paid for it. I think I finally have my cravings back under control. So for me, for now, I do have dietary restrictions. Again, This new life isn't a one fits all.

Cashew chicken down the street at the local Chinese joint....blew chunks...was so worth it though...lol...won't do it again!

Big wedge of carrot cake on my birthday. Nose was back to the grindstone the next day. Life is good.

Cotton candy and crackers with my Soup on vacation.

The reason I started this thread was to try and gauge how others were handling their food choices and the attitudes around them. I see and have seen in the responses and in this forum everything from strict regimens to none at all. I am 11 weeks post op and am doing well losing steadily. I feel fabulous.

I am troubled somewhat though on how to eat for long term success. I am basically structured' date=' yogurt, cheese, Protein drinks etc... However, I still find pleasure in eating and am trying to regulate that in a reasonably healthy way while still enjoying food.< /p>

When people say they are still on plan what does that mean? I realize the digestive restricted items that u have to work up to but do they mean dieting? I look closely at what I eat and of course stop when full. But I don't put a lot of restrictions on myself. I eat within reason, I drink within reason, and I'm satisfied with ny efforts but scared when I see how strict some people are.

I guess what I'm saying is I'm not sure I'm headed in the right direction. The nutritional info I got pre pp was sooo unrealistic. I mean basically it was dieting for the rest of my life.

I am dedicated to success but my definition may be completely different. How do u guys feel?[/quote']

For me, on the plan means high Protein, low carb, and healthy food choices. As in, staying away from processed foods among other things. For one, I want to work this weight loss phase for everything I can. More importantly, there are many foods I enjoyed pre-surgery that actually have very little (if any) nutritional value and are even contraindicated to a healthy lifestyle. I feel like I signed up for a full on lifestyle change, not just to eat smaller portions of the foods I enjoyed.

I am taking care of my mom as she is terminally ill from her third and fourth cancers. (Peritoneal and pancreatic). I have already seen her go through and survive third stage ovarian as well as renal cancer. Perhaps this impacts my perspective. I think the way I ate previously really put me at risk, in the long term, of going down a similar path.

I am not perfect. I started out really trying for perfection and it turns out I'm not perfect. But I'm doing my best.

I am troubled somewhat though on how to eat for long term success. I am basically structured, yogurt, cheese, Protein drinks etc... However, I still find pleasure in eating and am trying to regulate that in a reasonably healthy way while still enjoying food.< /p>

I am dedicated to success but my definition may be completely different. How do u guys feel?

A year ago I would consider how I'm eating now to be a very restrictive diet. But not anymore. The longer I stay away from unhealthy foods, and the more I learn about their awful effects on the body, the less I want them. Contrastly, I'm discovering more and more healthy foods that I enjoy all the time. I don't go without and I don't deprive myself. I eat when I'm hungry and I don't feel like I'm on a diet, but I do feel like I'm taking care of myself....for the first time in my life. It's working for me I think, but we each have to find our own approach.

I don't know. I wasn't hungry. I really didn't even want it. I went to a training class for work and there were several boxes' date=' as there always are. I decided one wouldn't hurt so I got one and took a bite. But as soon as I did I realized that I'm not that guy anymore. I'm kinda glad that it had no appeal to me anymore.[/quote']

I totally get this: I'm still pre op but I have that conversation ALL THE TIME "why did you eat that? You didn't even want it, you didn't enjoy it, so why?"

So so glad to hear you over came it! Thanks for the inspiration!

I totally get this: I'm still pre op but I have that conversation ALL THE TIME "why did you eat that? You didn't even want it' date=' you didn't enjoy it, so why?"

So so glad to hear you over came it! Thanks for the inspiration![/quote']

It's weird. Even when you get the stomach under control, those old reflexes are still there and they die hard. But they are dying. :)

Me - I got the sleeve to stop dieting. So I don't consider myself to be on a plan. I am one week postop and have to build to things, but this has helped me see just this weekend how full I get on a little food now. I was 266 and 229 now through pre surgery diet and exercise. If I am a size 10 cool - smaller is greats but its all fine. I want to be around 160 for my health. With 6 days postop I will drop the 69lbs I am sure. 43 and healthy.

But in the meantime if I want and medically can eat a snack or food (I know everything doesn't work) I am having it. I saw one person post pancakes hurt- and i will watch that and test foods first . but i am free from dieting. I just won't eat the whole bag and now get full off a small meal vs app cocktail entree and desert along with a bread basket!

A few bites to taste but no more ice cream gallons in two days! :)