Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Whats The Worst Thing You've Eaten Post Op?

I had 3 Ritz crackers with my fat-free cottage cheese yesterday. Yeah....I'm pretty compliant with my plan.

Sounds yummy

Sounds yummy

It was salt that was so wonderful about them....they were very tasty with the cottage cheese. :)

free samples were in grocery store. they gave me a couple of slices of apple - they put carmel dip on it :):(

you should have seen me - my hand and apple were playing a tug of war with my mouth - the mouth won out :(

otherwise' date=' i don't keep any "bad" food in the house, chips stuff like that.

the thing i really have to control is me eating a couple of extra Protein bars, cheese, i love these :(

Protein Bars they are like "candy bars" - but not - and they satisfy my sweet tooth - and urge for chocolate - but on a rare occasion i "might" have too many :angry:

too much of a good thing, is just that, too much - don't want those bad habits to come back - think i'm getting back in control :)[/quote']

What kind of Protein Bar. I'm looking for a good one.

I am new here and really strugling. I had VSG done in May 2012 @ 304 lbs. I am currently 242 lbs. About 3 weeks ago my husband brought home some Black Cherry pop in glass bottles. I am addicted to Cherry Coke but have not had any since 2 weeks before my surgery. Well stupid me had some in a frosted glass and it has been downhill from there.

It's like I opened the flood gates to hell. I tolerated it fine even thought I was scared to death from the stories about carbonated beverages, drinking while eating ect.

The next day I tested a dorito then two then forget it. This cycle went on for aabout a week with a variety of highly processed foods, high fat foods until one day I drank while in the middle of eating and reguritated what I had just eaten. BINGO.

Now to the point where I am struggling...... I make it my daily mission to eat whatever bad food I want and drink Water with it and throw it up after. It's a different kind of obsession. I'll eat stuff I don't even like or crave just because I can throw it up.

Then to top it all off I justify it becasue I actually got past my stall and lost 3 lbs this past week.

The the reasonable person in me starts to get her voice heard and she saying STOP. You are not getting your nutrients and Water you need, you are so far off track, you did so good, you had goals and were never gonna touch that food or drink again, go back to that person. And I go to bed at night saying I am going to be that person again but the food addict in me takes over.

I know what to do and I know what harm I am doing but why do I continue to do it?

A couple weeks after my surgery I was stressed and pissed and I went for a drive and the thoughts that popped into my head where should I get onion rings at Burger King or Poppers at Arby's? Then I realized that the surgery made my stomach smaller but my brain was still the same. At that time it was an epiphany and I did neither but now I feel I am not sure how to get back.

Thanks for letting me vent.

I have to say that I don't really worry about on program or off program. I eat what I want, good or bad... I just find that a few bites satisfy me now, so there isn't any binging like I used to.

But pancakes. My sleeve does NOT like pancakes. I've tried them twice since I was sleeved and both times I threw them up. Pancakes are now evil.

bad food ? hmm... nope, everything I eat is really good :-) And, thank you God!, because of my sleeve I can only eat small portions of all this good food !

I should eat more Protein though and less carbs.

I ate a cadbury creme egg. Nothing but processed sugar. I enjoyed it' date=' but not as much as I remember enjoying them.[/quote']

I'm with you on that. I ate a Reese's Cup recently. There was a time when I LOVED them. Now? Eh. It wasn't the same.

Here is one family sized bag of Doritos.....after being crunched up in the blender. It wouldn't take up much room in the stomach. 1600 calories in that little cup.

That's a memorable visual! Yikes.

I crave crackers, and yes I have eaten some. Also have had a few mini pretzels at a party. I dare not to try anything sweet because that definitely was my addiction prior to surgery.

I am new here and really strugling. I had VSG done in May 2012 @ 304 lbs. I am currently 242 lbs. About 3 weeks ago my husband brought home some Black Cherry pop in glass bottles. I am addicted to Cherry Coke but have not had any since 2 weeks before my surgery. Well stupid me had some in a frosted glass and it has been downhill from there.

It's like I opened the flood gates to hell. I tolerated it fine even thought I was scared to death from the stories about carbonated beverages' date=' drinking while eating ect.

The next day I tested a dorito then two then forget it. This cycle went on for aabout a week with a variety of highly processed foods, high fat foods until one day I drank while in the middle of eating and reguritated what I had just eaten. BINGO.

Now to the point where I am struggling...... I make it my daily mission to eat whatever bad food I want and drink Water with it and throw it up after. It's a different kind of obsession. I'll eat stuff I don't even like or crave just because I can throw it up.

Then to top it all off I justify it becasue I actually got past my stall and lost 3 lbs this past week.

The the reasonable person in me starts to get her voice heard and she saying STOP. You are not getting your nutrients and Water you need, you are so far off track, you did so good, you had goals and were never gonna touch that food or drink again, go back to that person. And I go to bed at night saying I am going to be that person again but the food addict in me takes over.

I know what to do and I know what harm I am doing but why do I continue to do it?

A couple weeks after my surgery I was stressed and pissed and I went for a drive and the thoughts that popped into my head where should I get onion rings at Burger King or Poppers at Arby's? Then I realized that the surgery made my stomach smaller but my brain was still the same. At that time it was an epiphany and I did neither but now I feel I am not sure how to get back.

Thanks for letting me vent.[/quote']

Honesty is the first step and I admire you for that. I have cheated and have used that word never do many times. I have to go back to my one day at a time theory. Have no idea what tomorrow holds. I stop with the never but that is still my goal. Good luck and please get some help of possible it sounds like medically you may be doing harm.

I had a semi formal banquet I had to attend. I'm only 2 and a half weeks post op. The options were beef, chicken or mahi mahi with potatoes and veggies. I was good and only ate a little bit if the potatoes. But they brought out dessert and it was creme brûlée cheesecake!!! I told myself since its very soft (I'm on puréed foods) I could let myself have a few bites and not eat the crust. It was like I couldn't stop myself. I ate about 3/4 of it without the crust. It made me so nauseous but I never got sick. That's definitely the worst thing so far. I know I will mess up again and again so I didn't beat myself up.

I've eaten " a bite" of bad things. I e friends go to Cheesecake Factory. I get usually ago tuna appetizer. But then I'll eat a single bite of cheesecake Or a single bite of birthday cake etc.

I feel so crappy if I eat more.

I chewed a chicken taco with cheese, (no shell) and spit it out. It was so flavorful, I cried afterwards because I felt out of control, even if I didnt swallow it, I told my NUT what I did and she comforted me by saying alot of ppl do this and its normal.

I took a HUGE bite off a glazed donut a few weeks ago...chewed it a few times...then spit it out. Does that count? As soon as I tasted it I thought' date=' it's not worth it.[/quote']

Now I want a LOL button to add to the LIKE button i found a few days ago.

For me it would be yesterday. I'm 9 weeks postop and yesterday was my first 'public' event. A huge Reunion with dachshunds & adopters. I took one bite of a cookie. I think it was chocolate chip. It was NOT worth it. For the rest of the event it sat in front of me. My hubby kept offering to throw it out but i wanted it in front of me as a symbol and a test. It didn't appeal to me anymore AT All! I finally threw it out when a doxie decided he wanted it......that's a whole other story!!

The reason I started this thread was to try and gauge how others were handling their food choices and the attitudes around them. I see and have seen in the responses and in this forum everything from strict regimens to none at all. I am 11 weeks post op and am doing well losing steadily. I feel fabulous.

I am troubled somewhat though on how to eat for long term success. I am basically structured, yogurt, cheese, Protein Drinks etc... However, I still find pleasure in eating and am trying to regulate that in a reasonably healthy way while still enjoying food.

When people say they are still on plan what does that mean? I realize the digestive restricted items that u have to work up to but do they mean dieting? I look closely at what I eat and of course stop when full. But I don't put a lot of restrictions on myself. I eat within reason, I drink within reason, and I'm satisfied with ny efforts but scared when I see how strict some people are.

I guess what I'm saying is I'm not sure I'm headed in the right direction. The nutritional info I got pre pp was sooo unrealistic. I mean basically it was dieting for the rest of my life.

I am dedicated to success but my definition may be completely different. How do u guys feel?