Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Uhc Average Approval Times?

I also have UHC and it has been 9 days since my paperwork was submitted over to my insurance. I was also told that it takes 15 days to approve or deny. I just want to know at this point either way:(

I called UHC everyday and they were very nice about giving me the status, less annoyed then my surgeons office. So try calling them. They were pretty quick about decision they say they have 2 weeks to decide but mine took about 4 days after my docs office finally turned in all paperwork. They even told me what they were still waiting that was delaying response. UHC was great!

I have UHC, docs office told me it would take a month. I heard from then in less then two weeks.

UHC took less than 10 days to call my docs office with an update. But they had originally asked for 2 yrs weight history and now want 5 years. I lived 500 miles away in 2007 and my doctor is no longer practicing in our state so I can't track down my 2007 records. UHC used to keep a copy of my visits viewable online, but now that info is gone. I'm waiting for a call back from my case manager to see what we can do. It's driving me crazy cuz UHC has been my insurance company since 2001 so they've gotten my annual checkups records every year and now that I need the info their system doesn't seem to go back that far.

Has anyone been denied by UHC and if so why? Just curious, I am on the last month of my six month supervied diet and they will be submitting me for approval.

Besides losing the 5 lbs they want me to lose this month wondering if there will be anything else standing in my way.

Also if you were approved by UHC how did you do on the supervised diet? I have lost 10 lbs and the doctors office would like me to lose 5 more.

I got a call from my case manager at UHC I have been approved. I will have my pre op on Nov 7th with a tenative surgery date of Nov 15th or the 16th. Happy and nervous at the same time.

Has anyone been denied by UHC and if so why? Just curious' date=' I am on the last month of my six month supervied diet and they will be submitting me for approval.

Besides losing the 5 lbs they want me to lose this month wondering if there will be anything else standing in my way.[/quote']

I was denied but appealed and received approval. I didn't have a sleep study so they questioned that my doctors office were slow on response so they had to deny. They said I could appeal but they only have 14days to decide after they receive a complete file. But I did get approved in about 9 days after appeal.

Also if you were approved by UHC how did you do on the supervised diet? I have lost 10 lbs and the doctors office would like me to lose 5 more.

I didnt lose but I lost on one week preop before surgery

Approved by UHC in 2 days and my letter was received on the 5th day after submission.

Ditto

I got a call from my case manager at UHC I have been approved. I will have my pre op on Nov 7th with a tenative surgery date of Nov 15th or the 16th. Happy and nervous at the same time.

I'm a 11/15 sleever! Good luck!

I have UHC and it took them 14 working days to hear back from my docts office and UHC left a message at my home the same day. I received the letter a few days later. I think it took so long due to the fact that its a revision from a lap band and my policy states that I have a 1 WLS per life time. But due to the fact I was having major issues with my band I have to have it removed ASAP.

I got denied today for the lamest reason. They took almost 15 days to tell me that 2 months of my supervised diet weren't valid, since the technically didn't fall within their 2 year limit.

The problem is I've met my deductible so these guys are effectively going to stall me off until 2013. Then I have to pay more.

So we have to send them information from 2 other doctor visits. Then wait 15 more days, which will make a 2012 surgery impossible.

So what's the out of pocket typically for VSG? I have a Cadillac plan.