Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slowed Weight Loss

I started out as 285 before seeing my surgeon and was 270 pre-op and I am now 216. My divert was March 11th and I was losing pretty quickly in the beginning bit ha e only lost 4 lbs in 2 months! I know I really need to get back on track with my exercising and be more careful with what I am intaking. I am starting to wish I had gotten the bypass. Even though I would be sick at least I'd be skinny. Am I the only one going through this?

know I really need to get back on track with my exercising and be more careful with what I am intaking. I am starting to wish I had gotten the bypass. Even though I would be sick at least I'd be skinny.

Seems like that's your answer. :} I'm still pre-op myself' date=' but I anticipate having those moments once I get below my lowest adult-weight (236), as I'm sure I'll try to get too comfortable. Sometimes it just helps to get back to square one & start again as if it was a new program all over. You got this! :}

weight.png 347*294/285/135 (*347HW/294SSW)

you're not alone. i actually haven't been on here a lot lately and was getting ready to post the same concern. i am 3 1/2 months out and am having slow progress, even gaining a couple pounds(i think maybe due to Water retention) but i know i haven't been blame free as far as what i have been drinking! but you know, here's how i look at it....i would reather lose slowly and allow my body(skin mainly) time to adjust then to lose quickly and look all sickly!

but for the last 2 weeks ive had a problem with little to no weight loss, and even some gain....hopefully this is just something that will pass. i went through this at 2 weeks post op too.....BUT I too need to get back to the basics and begin tracking my food again, and start drinking more water.

Hi,we were sleeved 3 days apart.

2 months ago my weight loss stopped.I was eating good and exercising.But the weight wasnt coming off.I sulked and complained about it for a good 7 weeks weeks.

When my rebellion about this surgery that wasnt working (lol) subsided I gave myself a good talking to and realized

1.I wasnt really tracking carefully.(the little bits and bops that went with the food,or the quick bite before dinner,or the extra milk in my tea,they all added a good few calories every day that I wasnt counting)

2.I had to drop my carbs and up my Protein.

3.i had to eat different foods.Was repeating the same foods all the time.

4.The choice was to do these things and work hard or stay at that weight,but I had a choice.

5.That I really was the only one to help me and being so mad about it want going to change it.I had to take responsibility.

Since then I have lost about 15 pounds fast.It may be my plan,I want to believe or It might have been a mighty stall, which would mean your weight loss will start up again.

In the mean time,maybe you should just work out your own plan.It does make us feel much better to be proactive about things.That way the weight will start coming off sooner rather than later again.

Good luck and if sulky me can do this,so can you.You are getting closer and closer to that elusive onederland and it does feel great.Hope you join us there soon!

We have nearly identical weight stats. I was sleeved on July 3, 2012, and I have lost between 50-54 lbs...depending on what day it is, and what scale I am using. I have had a month and a half where I have lost only a couple of pounds, and seem to gain them back! Frustration is my middle name. I have, thank goodness, lost lots of inches, and given away tons of clothes. But what about the pounds????

Hi ladies!!! What you are going through is perfectly normal....I was sleeved exactly a year ago and the first 4-5 months the weight came off at a steady rate...I was INVINCIBLE!!! Then just when I thought I had a good system down of eating more or less the right things (I've never been really good at getting my Protein or Water in and I have a cookie every day, cream in my coffee and a glass of wine a few times a week), but I was consistently exercising and then it all stopped. I think I lost 2-4 lbs in 2 months....but I was so happy to have lost 50+ lbs I was in a good space, didn't indulge any more than the stuff above, kept exercising and enjoying it more, and then I started losing again. I reached my goal weight a couple of weeks ago and am now 139 lbs, 2 lbs below goal weight. So don't freak out, enjoy the ride and remember how far you have come. If you start to gain a lb or 2, you need to really think about how to counter act that one; do the usual things, up the Protein, cut the carbs and exercise more...time goes by so fast and if you just hang in there, before you know it you will be the weight you were meant to be!

BTW, just in THIS THREAD ALONE, between the 6 of us WE HAVE LOST OVER 400 LBS!!!!!!!!

Wow! Thank you all for your support! I fell off the 'healthy' wagon when the kids got out of school for the summer. With 4 kids we eat whatever is easy on busy days. It doesn't help that my husband is a junk-food-aholic! LOL! I have re-evaluated and I am trying to eat healthy again & I'm working out everyday again (sat up an in home gym).

I have lost lots of inches but I agree that I'm looking at pounds. I cried the day I weighed in and was no longer considered Morbidly Obese. I will cry when I get under 200 lbs for the first time since high school. I have a closet full of size 16 jeans that I am dying to wear but I'm stuck at an 18.

It's just so frustrating, and then I discovered this app for this support group. I can't tell ya'll how excited I am to have this kind of support. I don't really have a lot in my personal life! Thank ya'll again SO MUCH for all the support!

BTW' date=' just in THIS THREAD ALONE, between the 6 of us WE HAVE LOST OVER 400 LBS!!!!!!!![/quote']

That is so stinkin awesome!

I'm sooo glad I was told about this app, lately i have been feeling like a failure with the surgery because I have been stuck at a 65lb weightloss for the past 5 months and This Thursday December 13, 2012 will be my 1 year anniversary of course I know I have not been eating the way I should but reading your stories have been such an encouragement & Thank you.. I am no longer that scarde to go to my 1yr weigh in..... Lol I'll keep you all posted

post-45674-1381366146614_thumb.jpg

6month before & after

post-45674-13813661466747_thumb.jpg

11month before & after

Welcome MsNew!!!! Oh yes, this forum has been a huge support and saviour for so many of us. A great resource when we have questions and people here will empathize with you AND help kick you in the butt if you need it. So glad you found us. I am also one year out...)14 months actually. I have reached my goal weight as far as the CDC is concerned, but I would like to lose 10 more lbs (I am 138 and only 5'3"). I have been at 138 for 4 months....I don't think I'm trying hard enough and like you, I'm starting to eat things I shouldn't. But I do weight myself every single day to be sure I don't gain anything and I am exercising faithfully. Good luck to you and remember there are lots of people here for you!

Queen of Crop

www.queenofcrop.com/about

I am new to this site I had my surgery November 1 2012 and I'm down 60lbs I am 5ft9in started at 291 I'm just starting to see a slow down but I know I need to do more than what I have been. I'm thankful for your posts you all have really encouraged me. Can wait to reach my goal of 180 although everyone says it's too much but I know I'll be fine. ..I'll Keep in touch Thanks

Hello i will be 1year post op on may 6th. I also have had a huge stall in weight loss. Im stuck at 215. It is so fustrating to feel like u failed another weight loss. I keep telling myself that im 70 pounds lighter and thats a positive,but i cant get past this feeling of failure. I also think i should have just done the bypass anhd i would be alot smaller by now... It seems like life always get in the way of me loosing this wieght. im a stay at home mom of 2 and u would think i have time for stuff but with my husband a truck driver its like im an only parent. I have been stuck at this wieght for 5months with no loss in sight if anyone is out their and can help i so would take it.

Hello i will be 1year post op on may 6th. I also have had a huge stall in weight loss. Im stuck at 215. It is so fustrating to feel like u failed another weight loss. I keep telling myself that im 70 pounds lighter and thats a positive' date='but i cant get past this feeling of failure. I also think i should have just done the bypass anhd i would be alot smaller by now... It seems like life always get in the way of me loosing this wieght. im a stay at home mom of 2 and u would think i have time for stuff but with my husband a truck driver its like im an only parent. I have been stuck at this wieght for 5months with no loss in sight if anyone is out their and can help i so would take it.[/quote']

I hear what your saying.... I don't think I would chose to have gone any other way... But I've been stuck myself for the past 5mo.. W only 65lbs weight loss and my 1yr post op will be next month. I blame my self... Cuz I have not stuck to a low carb diet and am able to eat more... I got to Start working out as I don't do much.. Just thought I'd share, you are not alone.

Hello i will be 1year post op on may 6th. I also have had a huge stall in weight loss. Im stuck at 215. It is so fustrating to feel like u failed another weight loss. I keep telling myself that im 70 pounds lighter and thats a positive,but i cant get past this feeling of failure. I also think i should have just done the bypass anhd i would be alot smaller by now... It seems like life always get in the way of me loosing this wieght. im a stay at home mom of 2 and u would think i have time for stuff but with my husband a truck driver its like im an only parent. I have been stuck at this wieght for 5months with no loss in sight if anyone is out their and can help i so would take it.

Gidget- girl you are singin my song! Our stories are almost identical! My husband works oilfield and is rarely home. I'm a stay at home mom of 4. I have lost a little over 70 pounds and I'm stuck at 215. I hit one year last month and i beat myself up about not doing the bypass.

However i know so many people that have done the bypass and after 5 years they still get super sick. But that sickness keeps them in track. Its a catch 22 however you look at it. We should find each other on FB and exchange numbers. We can motivate each other. Do weekly check ins and help each other. I have friends that always want to work out but we never can find good times plus it is hard because they haven't been through this surgery!

If any of yall wanna find me on Facebook my name is Kaila Kisner. Maybe we can start a support group in there as well.