Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It happens to me all the time lately. I got my band in July, and I've noticed a dramtic increase in burping. Especially after eating.

Me too!!

I've read that it's from swallowing air when eating or drinking. I haven't figured that out totally yet, but did notice that I tend to slurp when drinking hot things, like coffee, so I've been watching that and it seems to help.

Something about there being less space for air to escape now.

Not me, since getting my band, I can no longer burp. But, boy do I hiccough. In fact, that is my signal to stop eating, a giant, obnoxious hiccough! :confused:

Banded 2 yrs ago. It is very hard for me to burp. I sometimes have to take alka-seltzer to burp. I have painful hiccups if I eat too much.

Oh my gosh, my burps sound/feel as if they are coming from my toes!!! It is very strange..........even when I'm hungry!!! The only way I can think to describe it is "hollow."

Wonder why some of us burp and burp a great deal and others can not??? I do know when my burping started I found out i had reflux. It got so bad i could not even hold down Water. i went to my gp and she put me on nexium and my doctor in mexico told me to get an unfill immediatly but i dont have anyone in S.C. that will see me so I didn't do that. I just took the nexium and went to a liquid diet and now I'm getting where i can hold down food. I had no idea the yucky stuff that i was throwing up the past 6 weeks was becasue of acid reflux i thought it was because i was over eating. oh well i know now. can you take anything for the burps with out it effecting acid reflux-

What do yall take for purps and tooting??? I haven't started tooting yet but I'm sure it will follow.

207 3/10/2006

160 10/16/2006

I guess my whole digestive system is messed up since my banding 2 yrs ago. I have frequent acid reflux, Constipation, can'tI burp & seldom pass gas. I'm afraid to go back to my doctor for fear he would have to remove the band. I know I would gain all my weight back & I would rather have these problems rather than gain back the weight.

Me too honey thats why i didn't go for an unfill!!! i figured if it way to bad then i would go but as long as i can handle it with diet and nexium i wont get an unfill. i would rather stay on nexium the rest of my life. I dont do well the prevacid or tums what about yall?

tums,rolaids don't help me either. I take Protonix , fibersure and stool softener daily in order to avoid going back to my doctor.