Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Atlanta, Georgia

I'm doing great! I've been working out doing 2.5 miles on treadmill (1 hour and 400 calories). I had surgery 12/12/12 and have gone from 280 to 248 in 4 weeks. I am super excited and ready to go full speed ahead with the rest of my workout.

That's awesome!! Keep up the good work!!

Hey all. I did not have my surgery in GA but I had it in FL. I live in Gainesville, GA but this Atlanta post is the closest I've found right now. I'm 6.5 months out and 83 pounds down. From 353 to 270. I am 5'3". I feel I have a pretty decent grip on keeping the weight loss consistent. If anyone wants a buddy/mentor, please msg me. We can either email or we can text if you prefer. :) I love talking about the sleeve!!

Hi! I'm in Gainesville too!

Sleeve buddy here from Newnan and I was sleeved March 26, 2012 by Dr. Mcgill out Piemont Hospital. I'm happy to say that I'm at my goal weight of 250 with a starting weight of 450. I feel great found my muscles again with little to no sagging skin. Thank God for that.

I'm doing great! I've been working out doing 2.5 miles on treadmill (1 hour and 400 calories). I had surgery 12/12/12 and have gone from 280 to 248 in 4 weeks. I am super excited and ready to go full speed ahead with the rest of my workout.

Congratulations!! Are you still working out at LA Fitness? I joined and yesterday was my first day. It was great!

Greetings all! I'm going to have my Gastric Sleeve Surgery done by Dr. Duncan in March @ Atlanta Medical Center. I love reading about everyone's experiences and want to wish everyone a blessed journey! I reside in Decatur, GA and I'm so ready for my new life... I would love to hear from you all!

Welcome Ms. Pitts! I am close to 2 weeks out from surgery now - best thing I ever did! Though sometimes my tummy says otherwise :-)! Best of luck to you in March - the anticipation is the worst - I know! It will be here before you know it!

Welcome Ms. Pitts! I too am being sleeved by Dr. Duncan although I have not yet received my final approval. Congrats on getting your date :-) Please post updates throughout your process.

"BeautyandBeyond", how long have you been working with the office?

I started this process in July as my ins required a 6 month supervised WL program as if most of us have not been trying for years. What about yourself? How long from beginning to approval? Are you working with the Roswell or Atlanta office?

Petra how are you doung since ur surgery? Are you happy with your choice?

Hi Sheree,

Apologies for just not responding. I'm trying to catch up on posts. :) I am VERY happy with my choice. I did a good bit of research and contacted several people via this site who used Dr. Ponce. When I found out that my insurance would not cover my surgery I was so upset. I never thought in a million years before all of this that I would have traveled to Mexico for surgery. But then I got to thinking... I lived & worked in Egypt for a couple of years and I had arthroscopic knee surgery there. People in the States thought I was crazy not to come home and have it. But I knew people who had used my Egyptian doctor and he was trained in Europe (went to med school there and everything). He did both my knees and did a great job. Now, I know arthroscopic knee surgery is VERY different from elective WLS. But I realized that I was someone who had actually already had a surgery overseas from a great physician and everything worked out fine. Surgery in a country that is less progressive that the USA can still be successful. That's when I decided to investigate WLS overseas. I'm so glad I did. Dr. Ponce and his team were professional and caring. I particularly loved my coordinator, Trish. She is a believer, like me, and prayed for me out loud many times in Spanish (she's fluent in English, too) when my gas pains were so bad that I was in tears. It was very comforting which is just what I needed. I really had a great experience and couldn't be more pleased. The only bad thing is that it seems that I am turning out to be one of those slow losers. Of course, that could be my fault also as I haven't been getting in nearly enough Protein on a daily basis and I haven't started working out yet.

Greetings all! I'm going to have my Gastric Sleeve Surgery done by Dr. Duncan in March @ Atlanta Medical Center. I love reading about everyone's experiences and want to wish everyone a blessed journey! I reside in Decatur, GA and I'm so ready for my new life... I would love to hear from you all!

Hey There! I'm in Decatur too!!! :):):)

@ BeautyandBeyond, I had my consult in November. I'm working with the Atlanta office. Fortunately I did not have to go through any supervised weight loss. They stated in the office it should be March, I have my sleep study next week and psychology appt in February then I'm finished. Those appts and booked months in advance for some odd reason? But that's all I'm waiting on...

Congrats Ms. Pitts on your future sleeve, I had my sleeve done by Dr. Duncan. No one will tell you, but with the sleep study you are allowed to take something over the counter to assist with you sleeping. The only rule is you have to tell the tech before you get started so he/she can tell you exactly when to take it. (Only way I could sleep without being in my own bed)