Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Atlanta, Georgia

Hello everyone I had my surgery on Nov 9th 2011' date=' my surgeon was Dr. Macik...if you have any questions about the surgery please feel free to ask!![/quote']

What are some of the things you experienced after surgery. I have one more week of pre-dieting and the 12th will be here. How long were you out of work?

Hi Guys,

Thought it was about time that I checked in. I'm 10 days out from my Nov. 23rd surgery with Dr. Ponce in Mexico. All went well. Dr. Ponce and his staff were kind and professional. My coordinator, Trish, was amazing. I especially appreciated her prayers for me during the two times I felt extremely sick. I had been given an antibiotic that didn't agree with me. Dr. Ponce changed the med and I was all good after that.

When I got back home, though, my main incision site was extremely red and painful so just to be on the safe side, I went to see a doctor who put me on a double dose of antibiotics. I'm all better now.

I haven't been very hungry at all since surgery. And, as everyone says, it's quite difficult to get in all the liquids throughout the day. I just try to get in what I can. Already down 15 pounds... obviously because I can't eat much of anything. Will be happy to answer questions, especially for any Georgia people heading to Mexico. :)

Petra I'm glad to hear surgery went well.

Sleeved 10/24/12 Sent from my iPad using VST

Hey y'all! I'm hoping for surgery in late February with Dr. Macik at Northside Hospital. I would love to hear from any of you that were recently sleeved by him - I've heard nothing but great things. How are you doing? Any complications? From your experience is there anything I should know? Thanks and best of luck to everyone! I live in Acworth/Kennesaw area and would love to meet up with fellow sleevers from this area. I went to one of the support group meetings at Northside but didn't find it very helpful or informative.

Hello all, I am so so late to this party! I was sleeved in June 2012 and totally slacked off on visiting forums (which I totally do not recommend doing - this is an amazing place for support and to help support others!) I'm in Duluth and my surgery was done by Dr. Hart at Emory Johns Creek - always here for any questions!

@ carrieann70: I was sleeved by Dr. Macik on 11/14/12. How are you doing? I am doing great. I have lost 20lbs so far. Any complications? No complications so far. I was very lucky. I only used the pain meds once after I got home. I only stayed in the hospital overnight. The nursing staff at the hospital was great. Dr. Macik was great. As you know, he is very quiet but he was so considerate and detailed whenever I had questions. He does have a quiet sense of humor. I really liked him. From your experience is there anything I should know? Walk. As soon as you can after you get back to your room...walk. It is so important. I followed Dr. Macik's directions and I think that really helped. When you go back for your two week visit, I didn't see Dr. Macik. The nurse weighed me, check my incisions and answered any questions that I had. Take the time that you have as you move from liquids to pureed foods to soft foods to really learn your body and your new stomach. I have had a couple of episodes that I have either eaten too fast or tried to eat something I wasn't ready for and paid the price. This is a new lifestyle and so for me I am really having to learn my limits. I am so excited about life now. I am trying not to be a slave to the scale but it is exciting to see it move down and your pants become baggy. I wish you all the best and hope you have a wonderful experience. Good Luck!

Douglasville Ga here and being sleeved by Dr. Titus Duncan with Atlanta Bariatrics and patiently awaiting approval.!

Shayv123 how are you progressing/feeling. I see you are almost 2 months out.

Douglasville Ga here and being sleeved by Dr. Titus Duncan with Atlanta Bariatrics and patiently awaiting approval.!

I was sleeved by Dr. Macik on 12/12/12. I reside in Snellville, Ga. I am excited to get this party started. Northside Bariatrics

Hi! Everything went well. The pain after was more than I thought, but its short-lived. I had to have a hernia repair that i think affected the pain. My biggest issue has been getting enough Protein in, they actually have some in the office called Proteinex thats gives you 18g for every 2tbs. It has been a life saver! If you have any questions call the office instead of surgery center Margie is awesome. Remember to sip,sip, sip, sip. I still struggle with getting enough liquid in. I dont regret the surgery at all, i feel great!

Feel free to keep asking questions. I wish you the best!

I dont regret anything. I just wish i had known about the Proteinex earlier because i couldnt tollerate the Protein Shakes after surgery that i could before.

How are you feeling FabulousDiva? I love your alias BTW

I'm good. What abt you? I plan on walking in my subdivision a little tomorrow. I am tired of walking around in the house.

I'm good. What abt you? I plan on walking in my subdivision a little tomorrow. I am tired of walking around in the house.

Glad to hear you are doing well. Be careful being out in the air, you are still healing. (I understand u wanting to get out the house though)

I think Dr. Macik is great. He has a great record and his staff are very nice. He is very careful. I like that in a surgeon. I am a self pay due to insurance exclusions. He seems comparable to others in the area.

Dr.Macik did my sleeve Sept 26.