Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery Scheduled For November 8Th....anyone Else?

hello fellow sleevers....guess what???yup ill be getting my sleeve on nov 8th, im so excited and nervous of course. anyone else getting sleeved on the 8th also? i really hope this surgery works well for me and that i'll be a success story like all of you. I'm so thankful to have this forum of people that understand and dont think im crazy or say things like you dont need surgery because your "not that fat"..lol how many of us have heard that..yes im alittle lower on the bmi than most but i have a few , yes a few co morbidities and my pcp totally thinks i need the surgery from a medical standpoint which is why im doing it...my mom grabbed my stomach and said "uh you need to go put your Spanx on before you leave" then later that night she said "your not that fat why do you need surgery"..ughhh she can really piss me off..so anyone about to be sleeved come on here and tell me your story and what is going thru your mind and the emotion you feel...just tell me everything ...

awesome!!!yea im nervous to , thats normal i guess...where do you live? how much do you weight and what is your goal if u dont mind sharing?

hello fellow sleevers....guess what???yup ill be getting my sleeve on nov 8th, im so excited and nervous of course. anyone else getting sleeved on the 8th also? i really hope this surgery works well for me and that i'll be a success story like all of you. I'm so thankful to have this forum of people that understand and dont think im crazy or say things like you dont need surgery because your "not that fat"..lol how many of us have heard that..yes im alittle lower on the bmi than most but i have a few , yes a few co morbidities and my pcp totally thinks i need the surgery from a medical standpoint which is why im doing it...my mom grabbed my stomach and said "uh you need to go put your Spanx on before you leave" then later that night she said "your not that fat why do you need surgery"..ughhh she can really piss me off..so anyone about to be sleeved come on here and tell me your story and what is going thru your mind and the emotion you feel...just tell me everything ...

Hi JenJen! where are you getting your surgery done? I'm getting sleeved November 9th. Hackensack Medical University-NJ. My process of getting approved was seamless. I'm sure 99.9% have experienced everything you said. "oh you're not that fat! I think you being too drastic." Womp Womp Womp. Lucky for me I have a tremendous support system that "get it". I'm nervous as hell yet I'm excited. I have all the thoughts running through my head about what if it doesn't work, what if I have a complication...all the what if's, but I'm standing firm and believing everything will be ok :). VST has been a great support system.

evonnrae im getting my surgery in baton rouge la...it would be awesome to have someone getting sleeved at the exact same time and place ..alteast we have our vst buds to go thru our experiences with. your right so many people just dont "get it" but the few that do really mean alot to me. i'm a pretty strong and steadfast person so even if i didn't have the support i would still get the surgery but it is still nice to have people in your corner.I feel like i'll never be skinny, the thought that a year from now ill be considered small/NORMAL.lol... is crazy and pretty unbelievable at this point..goodluck and keep in touch

Hey Jen I live in Killeen Texas, and I'm having my surgery here in Killeen. My starting weight is 263 and my goal is 160 give are take, the ladies in my support group are very open and tell me to be more realistic but I think 163 is perfect for my frame. I have a very athletic build. I am 30 days out and so nervous, I pray I am making the right decision. I also have severe sleep apnea, acid reflux and arthritis in my bad. I just excited to be healthy again"

army girl i really think you are making the right decision because you have health problems due to weight and there is a high chance of other problems in the future so you are choosing to be healthier and happier. I'm nervous too , i think that must be normal..this is a huge decision and not a easy one so there is going to be nerves and "am i doing the right thing" going thru our head.I just want my health to improve and start enjoying life and hopefully start being more active with my two kids . my health problems are pretty serious and im scared that if i dont have the surgery that i wont live long enough to see my kids grow up and that thought really scares me , i want to be apart of everything in my kids lives!!! why are the support girls saying be more realistic??? do they not think you can get to 160..i totally think that your goal is realistic..actually i think you could get lower if you wanted..people say that exercising really makes a difference on how much you lose . good luck!!!!

I have mine on November 18. What got me qualified was the sleep apnea.

I get the “you’re not fat” comments too.

"Um, I’m shopping in the Women’s department and I had to get my wedding dress from the onestopplus website, HEEEELLLLOOOOO?!?"

I tried to keep it a secret at work, except for telling one person who has already had the sleeve surgery done. But I forgot what a big mouth she had, and all the naysayers came out of the woodwork. Well, only a couple, maybe. All the rest were really supportive and I found that quite a few people at work have had bariatric surgery (but they told the boss they were taking leave due to “abdominal issues”.)

Hi I'm up for surgery on November the 8 th

I'm from Australia and I feel like I've been waiting forever for this day to come .

shabbychic, i know how you feel , i cant believe it is coming up so fast...it will be surgery day before we know it!!!!the first day of the rest of our lives

My is hopefully going to be November 12th, as long as the insurance approves it. My doctor's office is very optimistic about the insurance company approving it.

hello fellow sleevers....guess what???yup ill be getting my sleeve on nov 8th' date=' im so excited and nervous of course. anyone else getting sleeved on the 8th also? i really hope this surgery works well for me and that i'll be a success story like all of you. I'm so thankful to have this forum of people that understand and dont think im crazy or say things like you dont need surgery because your "not that fat"..lol how many of us have heard that..yes im alittle lower on the bmi than most but i have a few , yes a few co morbidities and my pcp totally thinks i need the surgery from a medical standpoint which is why im doing it...my mom grabbed my stomach and said "uh you need to go put your Spanx on before you leave" then later that night she said "your not that fat why do you need surgery"..ughhh she can really piss me off..so anyone about to be sleeved come on here and tell me your story and what is going thru your mind and the emotion you feel...just tell me everything ...[/quote']

Hey Jenjen82 I am getting sleeved on Nov.8th also!!! I am having revision surgery from lapband to gastric. The lapband stopped working...I think I was throwing up more than anything and my fills were never right, I found myself going to the doctor every week to either get saline put in or taken out. I had to o the 3 months Nut visits and psychiatric evaluation and 2 year weight history. I have gained 12 pounds since June and I can't wait to start my New Journey!!! I am soooooo Excited!!!

Hey Jenjen82 I am getting sleeved on Nov.8th also!!! I am having revision surgery from lapband to gastric. The lapband stopped working...I think I was throwing up more than anything and my fills were never right' date=' I found myself going to the doctor every week to either get saline put in or taken out. I had to o the 3 months Nut visits and psychiatric evaluation and 2 year weight history. I have gained 12 pounds since June and I can't wait to start my New Journey!!! I am soooooo Excited!!![/quote']

Congrats...I hope you like the sleeve more than the band, from what I hear most people are happier. Keep me posted on how u recover after surgery

I was just approved by my insurance company for surgery on November 7th -- I am excited, nervous, thrilled..... I did all the medical necessities -- cardiology, pulmonology, psychiatry, gynecology, gastroenterology -- I don't have any major health issues but know that as I continue to get older the health issues will come. This is a great group to follow and excited to be on this journey with all of you!!

I was just approved by my insurance company for surgery on November 7th -- I am excited' date=' nervous, thrilled..... I did all the medical necessities -- cardiology, pulmonology, psychiatry, gynecology, gastroenterology -- I don't have any major health issues but know that as I continue to get older the health issues will come. This is a great group to follow and excited to be on this journey with all of you!![/quote']

Congrats!!! You will be getting sleeved a day before me...we will be enjoying this journey together.