Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It is my day 6 on my pre op month long diet of Optifast. It's supposed to be getting easier! I am starving today. I had to wait for my son at church while he was in instruction and wouldn't you know they were selling hot dogs and Soup. The aroma filled the enitre area. I almost died. I felt so sad today. I cried for a long time. First time I've done that without "medicating" myself with food after to "heal" my emotions. Please tell me it gets better!!!!!!

My pre-op diet was three weeks and it felt like an eternity! I won't pretend I was moody and miserable on my pre-op diet, but it really is such a small time to suffer. I am 3 months post-op this week and down 60 pounds (10 of that being pre-op.) It is 100% worth it. I would have surgery again tomorrow if I had too. I feel like a new woman!

It does get better! I promise!!! I won't lie to you, a month long pre-op is gonna be brutal! I had to do 14 days and I thought I'd die. Whew!!! But you will make it! Just like the rest of us. You did what you needed to do at the time: cry. But good for you for not giving in to temptation!! Please, please, please try to hang in there. I promise, you will look back on this time and smile when you think of how far you've come. I know I do. ;)

It will be ok. Take a bath, cry, whatever you need. Then just grab another shake and keep on keeping on! :)

Monday I start my second time on the pre-op diet......I was bumped the first time and so only did 5 days of it...the third day I was really hard to deal with......I laugh now at how sweet everyone was to me as I continuously tried to rip their heads off.....

Anyway I start Monday again for another 2 week pre-op liquid diet........I will do it no matter what as I am soooooo ready to get this going.....They assure me that into the second week it does get much easier and you are passed a lot of the with drawls or can now handle them better...so hang on there and keep your goals in front of you......And like me if you do lose it.....blame the liquid diet....I'm going to....Nov.6th is my date for the sleeve....:)

It does get better! I promise!!! I won't lie to you' date=' a month long pre-op is gonna be brutal! I had to do 14 days and I thought I'd die. Whew!!! But you will make it! Just like the rest of us. You did what you needed to do at the time: cry. But good for you for not giving in to temptation!! Please, please, please try to hang in there. I promise, you will look back on this time and smile when you think of how far you've come. I know I do. ;)

It will be ok. Take a bath, cry, whatever you need. Then just grab another shake and keep on keeping on! :)[/quote']

I agree with you it was hard for me too...And still is I'm three weeks out and for the first time I had a little cabbage and Beans and it felt good.

It is my day 6 on my pre op month long diet of Optifast. It's supposed to be getting easier! I am starving today. I had to wait for my son at church while he was in instruction and wouldn't you know they were selling hot dogs and Soup. The aroma filled the enitre area. I almost died. I felt so sad today. I cried for a long time. First time I've done that without "medicating" myself with food after to "heal" my emotions. Please tell me it gets better!!!!!!

I also had to do opti fast for 4 weeks and cried a out it at least twice a week! I feel your pain and I've been there. I can't really tell you it got easier for me but more like a routine and I just delt with it. It will fly by and in 2 months you will have forgotten about it :). Good luck

It does get better, hang in there!!!! it's hard but you can and will do it!!! The choice is yours. You are in control. You know how bad you want the surgery. You will do what needs to be done so you can get it.

I guess my pre-op diet was the best. Dr. Aceves did my surgery, and his pre-op diet is basically phase 1 of Atkins. I could only eat Protein, but I could eat things I liked such as eggs, bacon, sausage, cheese, chicken...protein, protein, protein. Pre-op and post-op liquids would be very difficult. At any rate, everyone just hang in there. You are NOT going to die or lose you mind even though you feel like it, and the end result is worth it. Best wishes...Kathe